NEurope
shade

New GC Freeloader works on PAL Wiis.

-- Updated --

The newest Gamecube Freeloader works on Pal Wiis.

There are four Freeloader types. Find out which one you need.

freeloadim.JPG

-- Orignal post --

According to a post in GameF&qs it does wether or not its true I don't know.

Don't know about AR yet but hopefully it will as I just got Naruto 2 And Baten Kaitos origins.

Here is the link http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=930752&topic=31750894

Quick note to people not in the know, freeloader allows you to play gamecube imports not Wii imports.

According to a post in GameF&qs it does wether or not its true I don't know.

There is pictures later on same thread, and they don't look photoshopped. So I'm believing it's true. :)

Excellent, I hope this is true. If it wasn't I'd have needed more sockets and things to keep my Gamecube plugged in so I could play GNT!4. This way I can afford to sell my GC or give it to my sister or something....

i thought action replay did not work on the last batch of cubes(whites). so i'm surprised.

i thought action replay did not work on the last batch of cubes(whites). so i'm surprised.

Your right in saying that. I have an R Evil cube and a Pearl White one and the freeloader doesnt work on the latter.

Your right in saying that. I have an R Evil cube and a Pearl White one and the freeloader doesnt work on the latter.

Pearl white cube had some new anti-mod schemes on the firmware and that's why Freeloader didn't work with it. Let's just hope that Nintendo doesn't use it in European Wii.

I've had a Purple Cube, that i got at Launch... And about a half year ago i sold that to get the White instead... but when I got it I did not no it was pearl-white... acturally, I dont like that pearl look... but to late... I connected it to my tv, opened the disc-cover to put in my freeloader disc to play my US imported Zelda Windwaker... but :mad: it did not work... so i couldn't play anything... so I sold the Pearl crap... and now I have nothing else to play than my DS Lite... So I'm acturally looking forward to the Wii's GameCube compatibility so I can play my GC games :D

But does it work with Wii games?

Yeah I know impossible, but one can dream :P

But does it work with Wii games?

Yeah I know impossible, but one can dream :P

not a chance lol. you can bet someone will make one though..altho the wii's connect 24 always on service/regular firmware updates could mean Nintendo combat it regularly, could mean new codes having to be input often to allow games to run...

Who 5 starred this thread after I 1 starred it?

FREAKS

the link doesn't work, the evidence is gone and the only accounts I can find are buggy and inconsistent.

It's bollocks.

Who 5 starred this thread after I 1 starred it?

FREAKS

the link doesn't work, the evidence is gone and the only accounts I can find are buggy and inconsistent.

It's bollocks.

since when did speculation have no place on a forum, thats half the conversation, this thread seems to just be about looking if it working, people saying what they think, thats ok to me...

sometimes its the significance of the information.

the zelda threads were full of complete drivel for the most part. Look at some of my contributionn! but that doesnt stop them being rated

It's bollocks.

The link worked at first, it linked to a thread with three images, one of the wii in a store, one of the freeloader and Naruto GNT!3 and a third image of the game running on the Wii. It's not the fault of the OP the thread was removed....

From GoNintendo:

By now everyone knows that the Wii is not region free, but fret not. I imported all of the Naruto games on gamecube and had to order a boot disk (Freeloader) to get them to with my gamecube. Got my Wii tonight (I am loving this system so far) and decided to test out my import games. The didnt work using them alone, but I used freeloader and now my import games work on my Wii as if they were on my Gamecube.

Word of caution: I inserted the freeloader disk, and selected it from the disc channel, the system read it and restarted. Went back to the disc channel again, selected the freeloader and the system took me to the normal freeloader screen and asked me to swap the disk like normal. I am assuming that the freeloader disc needs to be in the system from the start, or it may restart after the first read. Either way it works, and I will be trading in my gamecube tomorrow.

Well there we have it, confirmation that the Freeloader does indeed work.

Good that we can still get around the region limitations for GC games for the one or two times i'll actually play a GC game on Wii.

Well there we have it, confirmation that the Freeloader does indeed work.

Some people at Penny Arcade forums are complaining that it doesn't work. Oh well, we will know for sure when we get Wii to Europe.

im not really bothered to be honest the only imported game i've got is animal crossing and I have the ds version now so its no problem really.

Someone I trust: I can confirm that my copy of freeloader works with Nintendo Puzzle Collection. But pressing Reset on the console after using it caused the system to freeze. Other than that seems to work well.

This is a HUGE deal for people who want to play NTSC true blood games on a decent launch rota.

I'm remaining pinch of salt until I see a YouTube.

I REALLY hope Freeloader does work. I have Naruto 3 & 4, DON & Sonic Gems japanese.

It's ashame you can't use the Classic Controller for at least some GC games though, I need a big D-Pad for Sonic Gems & Sonic Mega Collection really:heh:

Finding it difficult to get hold of one of those special GC Hori D-Pad controllers Lik-Sang used to do about a year and a 1/2 ago before they ran out, and Sony killed them -_-

I'll still be keeping my GC and i've got about 5 GC games to import :heh:

I will try the freeloader with the Wii but I read that it crashed sometimes a few days ago.

I just wanna know if PSO works now.