NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hellfire

Happy Birthday Shigeru Miyamoto

miyamoto.jpg

The God of gaming is today 55 years old! Keep it up Miyamoto-sama and thank you for everything!

It's odd, but i never realised how many great moments of my life wouldn't have been possible without him. Happy birthday Shigeru, and keep those quality games coming!

He's some lad like.. what will we do when that man retires..:rolleyes:

Remember that he's japanese. I bet he will still work for Nintendo for a few years after his official retirement. But it will be a great loss when he passes away

Happy birthday Shiggy! You've given me a lot of great gaming memories. Even if you've done nothing in the last 8 years worth mentioning.

Happy birthday Shiggy! You've given me a lot of great gaming memories. Even if you've done nothing in the last 8 years worth mentioning.

Just because nothing will ever compare to Super Mario 64/Ocarina of Time doesn't mean that Pikmin and Sunshine aren't worth mentioning, the competition in platform games still pales to Sunshine and Pikmin was great fun while it lasted.

On Topic though, without this man the games industry would be a very different place, and I am sure I would be a very different person, but I am happy the way I am right now and this man has given me some of my best videogaming memories.

Happy Birthday Shiggy, keep inspiring others to aspire to your greatness.

is that all in the last 8 years?sunshine and pikmin?i belive he worked on a couple even a tiny bit like metroid prime

is that all in the last 8 years?sunshine and pikmin?i belive he worked on a couple even a tiny bit like metroid prime

He just supervised it, he had almost no influence on its design.

Just because nothing will ever compare to Super Mario 64/Ocarina of Time doesn't mean that Pikmin and Sunshine aren't worth mentioning, the competition in platform games still pales to Sunshine and Pikmin was great fun while it lasted.

On Topic though, without this man the games industry would be a very different place, and I am sure I would be a very different person, but I am happy the way I am right now and this man has given me some of my best videogaming memories.

Happy Birthday Shiggy, keep inspiring others to aspire to your greatness.

lol at Sunshine and Pikmin. Total lack of anything imaginative ruined Sunshine and Pikmin was too short. 2 was good though. I'd forgotten about that admittedly.

He just seems like Nintendo's performing monkey that they get out at events as opposed to a serious games developer. Which is a sad thing considering he's pretty much given me all of my happy memories about gaming :(

I'm talking about the key titles that he actually had a lot of influence over.

Aonuma now takes his role on Zelda projects and he didn't have much invlovement in titles like Star Fox and Metroid to begin with.

I just remembered that he played a key role in Nintendogs' development, is that right?

And Yamcha are you saying then that Sunshine was a rubbish game then?

I just remembered that he played a key role in Nintendogs' development, is that right?

Yep. Although if I had a role in its development I wouldn't admit it in public.

And Yamcha are you saying then that Sunshine was a rubbish game then?

Not really. Just a bit pedestrian.

Anyway, I didn't mean to sidetrack the thread in the least, sorry :P

Yep. Although if I had a role in its development I wouldn't admit it in public.

Well it's certainly making Nintendo money. :hehe:

why is it i don't like the Shigsy nick name-Shigeru is a much nicer, or just guru cos thats what he is :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Sign in to follow this