NEurope

This is widely regarded as probably THE worst game of all time. However how many people here have played it? I really want to, just to see how bad it really is!

i have played it for about 10 mins at a mates before i had to give up, think of the worst game u have played and then times in by 64, thats how bad this was, since when did superman pop over to lex luthors for a ring challenge? fly/find through all his rings....

I never played it. Why would I play a game that averaged about 12%? I'm not a masochist after all :heh:

this is good for a piss take at it.i put this on the funny videos thread too.well worth a look.Its gas

i have no idea why the sky was purple.it's not in this one

Is it really that bad? I always thought flying around as superman and what-not would be brillant, great potential for a game :)

Lance

this is good for a piss take at it.i put this on the funny videos thread too.well worth a look.Its gas

i have no idea why the sky was purple.it's not in this one

Hahaha, that's even better. I actually have a strange urge to track this game down just so I can experience it. I doubt it'll be out on the Virtual Console though!

Ha! Its borrow/stolen from a friend, I would never buy it! Or maybe I would at the time we had no way of knowing it, and the possibility of "flying" in a 3d environment was very tempting.

i suppose on paper it sounds cool.

Turbo run

flying in 3d

ice breath

and the like.Did the reviews at the time slate it badly?I'll search for one.anyone have any old n64 msg scans?

Ign review

Another Take

from Aaron Boulding

The look on Matt's face as he so desperately tried to make Superman a fun game was all it took for me to conclude that there were major problems with his idol's first N64 title. He would toss the controller in frustration and after a moment's contemplation, he'd pick it up and play again as if it couldn't possibly be that bad. After three or four rounds of Superman soul searching, I snatched the controller away from him like you would snatch a bottle of liquor from an alcoholic friend. Having already sworn off of the Superman game, I can only concur that this is one of the most frustrating videogame experiences in the history of the world.

http://ign64.ign.com/articles/151/151957p1.html

and just to make sure the gamespot review

The only Superman compliment I can find to say is that flying beats walking. If I've been in any way unclear up to this point, let me state it simply: This is easily the worst game I've ever played. To steal a line outright from a film review in the San Francisco Bay Guardian, it serves no purpose other than to firmly establish the bottom of the barrel.

http://www.gamespot.com/n64/adventure/superman64/review.html?q=superman%2064

This game is the worst game i've ever played on any system. I remember renting out the game, wanted to see what it was like n stuff. Within 5 minutes of gameplay, i ended up using this as a paperweight because that was the only good thing about the game in the end

It did top the all format charts in the US on it's release though. Just goes to show what a big name license can do for sales, even when the ovrall product is crap.

I downloaded the rom of this game (naughty me :P), but, damn, it was not worth the 5MB of space on my harddrive.

for info on charlie's angels watch this.it is hilarious plz watch it haha

So very very awesome, why on earth are they just dancing in their underwear???

haha that guy is awsome .Last one is aquaman

and i have no idea why they are dancing in their underwear:D

A few people I have spoken to say Superman Returns is just as crap as this lol! after all this time it still can't be nailed!

haha that guy is awsome .Last one is aquaman

and i have no idea why they are dancing in their underwear:D

Aquaman is a lame superhero to begin with! I wonder what sales figures were for Charlie's Angels and Aquaman?

I came back to my parents house for Christmas, and I dug out one of my old N64 mags with a choice quote about this game, hope you find it as amusing as I did...

"I can tell you that Superman is really original and really cool to play! The multiplayer mode is not seen anywhere since Goldeneye! That particular feeling when Superman flies around Metropolis is the closest thing to freedom we have ever seen in a video game"

-Eric Caen of Titus

I'm not quite sure if he actually played it though lol