NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ollie

PHP BB help

I'm not sure if they are related I think the news board used to be but on the home page you can comment on articles, I assume this is somehow linked into the database for the forum?

I use phpBB on my website and I want to know how to make it possible for people to comment on articles posted, can this be done with a mod or some code or something? I have looked here but couldn't see anything.

I'm no coder around here, but I think we use a seperate database for comments, since members have to sign up seperately for the comments system. I don't think it's tied into vBulletin....

I've never seen any kind of hack for Php bb to do this, but you could use the method we used, where news on the front page is automatically added to a new thread on the forum. That way people can respond to news in a news board. Though, the old comments system was more popular and that's why we went back to it.

Yeah, I know what you mean I prefer the comments to be on the page rather than in a seperate area in a thread, what would be great is if I could have a comments section that was linked so that people can use their message board user name, its only a mysql db so it must be possible.

Sign in to follow this