NEurope
flameboy

The Reviews Thread

First off all, My opinions are always valid, this fact should of been noted many years ago.

"Opinions are like arseholes; Everybody has one and everybody thinks that only theirs don't stink."

"Opinions are like arseholes; Everybody has one and everybody thinks that only theirs don't stink."

Nah, I certainly dont think this, this is a given fact.

First off all, My opinions are always valid, this fact should of been noted many years ago.

Secondly. A game that is essentially a racing game, in this generation of video games, should have, and i repeat should have a bigger multiplayer option. This is essentially an arcade type game. This isn't Gran Turismo where you can fiddle around with tiny bits and bobs, and mess around with over 700 cars or what not.

2 Player multiplayer, we are talking SNES era. That is almost 15 years ago.

It is backwards.

That was sarcasm.

When i say 9.7 im being serious. Wind waker, got 9.6 right?

Now i know this will be better then Wind Waker. And Many many many people will agree with this. Hence my hypothesis.

Wham! Tell it like it is!

Zelda score is a hard one to call, IGN will give 9.9 or 10, Gamespot hmmm they are not very consistent in their scoring.

First off all, My opinions are always valid, this fact should of been noted many years ago. [/Quote]

I'm especially loving the capital M on My. Me Me Me!

Secondly. A game that is essentially a racing game, in this generation of video games, should have, and i repeat should have a bigger multiplayer option. This is essentially an arcade type game. This isn't Gran Turismo where you can fiddle around with tiny bits and bobs, and mess around with over 700 cars or what not.

2 Player multiplayer, we are talking SNES era. That is almost 15 years ago.

It is backwards.

Yeah, many of us would love a four player mode. But, it's been suggested by a few of us on here that maybe the gameplay is too 'frantic' for a four player match, especially due to the track changing so rapidly.

But, i still don't really see how that may make the game a lesser purchase, or why it would be fun for a shorter time. What about fighters like Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter? Are they less fun because they only feature a two player mode? Are they not worth the money?

Just keep on feeding.

lol :laughing:

better edit this for context. The bakooerman is loving attention gifted to him by you guys and his comments some sierous some farce can be ignored by the ignore function.

Yeah, many of us would love a four player mode. But, it's been suggested by a few of us on here that maybe the gameplay is too 'frantic' for a four player match, especially due to the track changing so rapidly.

But, i still don't really see how that may make the game a lesser purchase, or why it would be fun for a shorter time. What about fighters like Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter? Are they less fun because they only feature a two player mode? Are they not worth the money?

Hahahahha, love that. Too frantic

So i guess Smash bros, mario kart, f-zero, none of these games should have 4 player, as they were pretty frantic, even more so then trucks, as trucks is just a linear racing game.

And yeah, im street fight, mortal kombat???

Those are beat em ups. They are strictly designed for 2 players. Terrible example man, try again.

lol :laughing:

better edit this for context. The bakooerman is loving attention gifted to him by you guys and his comments some sierous some farce can be ignored by the ignore function.

You got that right, you would think people would realise whats going on.

I PLAYED I PLAYED I PLAYED!!! MUHAHAHAHA!!!

It fucking ownz!!!

I played the Zelda demo, and Wii Sports. The controllers are very responsive and Wii Sports Boxing is very fun and the controls are amazingly good. If you pose like the Miis they really mimic your movement!

Fishing in Zelda is very cool, it takes a while to get used to pointing, but not the motion sensing.

There you go. A review ;)

Hahahahha, love that. Too frantic

So i guess Smash bros, mario kart, f-zero, none of these games should have 4 player, as they were pretty frantic, even more so then trucks, as trucks is just a linear racing game.[/Quote]

I didn't state is as fact, merely suggestion. I also love how you didn't highlight the part about the changing track. Selective reading?

And yeah, im street fight, mortal kombat???

Those are beat em ups. They are strictly designed for 2 players. Terrible example man, try again.[/Quote]

You've missed the point. Have you ever played a racing game in 2 player mode? It's still fun, so whats the problem? Are you going to come out and say "i ain't playing this as there's no four player."

You got that right, you would think people would realise whats going on.

Oh, we do realise. We realise that you've got nothing to contribute apart from spamming or just being damnright annoying. The quicker more people see this, the better.

I didn't state is as fact, merely suggestion. I also love how you didn't highlight the part about the changing track. Selective reading?

You've missed the point. Have you ever played a racing game in 2 player mode? It's still fun, so whats the problem? Are you going to come out and say "i ain't playing this as there's no four player."

Oh, we do realise. We realise that you've got nothing to contribute apart from spamming or just being damnright annoying. The quicker more people see this, the better.

Nope, this isnt spam. This is thought provoking reading material.

Spam is usually ignored, and fortunately or unfortunately, it wasnt ignored.

Im just providing a counter arguement.

Nope, this isnt spam. This is thought provoking reading material.

Spam is usually ignored, and fortunately or unfortunately, it wasnt ignored.

Im just providing a counter arguement.

Yeah, well it makes a bluddy change. :heh:

Yeah, well it makes a bluddy change. :heh:

So stop whining then. And get back on topic.

Sheesh, Admins these days.

So yeah, i predict 9.9 by ign

Maybe, 9.8

Link not on frame but worked when typed into Internet Browser.=:

http://wii.ign.com/index/choice.html

Both Monkey Ball and Trauma Center are editors choice games and I didn't expect spectacular scores for these games. I read the entire reviews for both games and they're overall quite positive. I will be buying both these games.

Never expected Downhill Jam to score so high. Maybe I'll have to revise my launch list to accomodate it.

Its early days yet, but the guys over at IGN and other higher profile publications hinted at the fun factor of the game being VERY HIGH.

I PLAYED I PLAYED I PLAYED!!! MUHAHAHAHA!!!

It fucking ownz!!!

I played the Zelda demo, and Wii Sports. The controllers are very responsive and Wii Sports Boxing is very fun and the controls are amazingly good. If you pose like the Miis they really mimic your movement!

Fishing in Zelda is very cool, it takes a while to get used to pointing, but not the motion sensing.

There you go. A review ;)

WHERE?! I'll pay you a golden coin.

Its early days yet, but the guys over at IGN and other higher profile publications hinted at the fun factor of the game being VERY HIGH.

After reading the PGNX Media review of TH Downhill Jam, I actually got interested in the title for the first time.. :smile:

GamerZ-Edge gives Zelda:TP.. a 10/10. :D

"The dungeons aren’t just plentiful; they are also huge. In fact, they’re the largest of any game in the series to date. Even the first dungeon is larger than most of those in Ocarina… and by the time you reach the later ones, don’t be surprised if you end up spending a few hours on each. Sure, the expert player may be able to blow through them more quickly, but for most of us, the later dungeons are frequently two-hour-plus expeditions.

The dungeons are also overflowing with elements of prodigious design. I can confidently say that, all else held constant, Twilight’s dungeons are my favorite of the series. The level of design expertise and the sheer sense of creativity that pervades their environments is simply unparalleled in all of gaming. Massive, multistoried rooms mingle with cramped, interconnected passageways in such a way as to both bewilder and astonish the player. In true Zelda fashion, the solutions to the game’s many, progressively baffling puzzles are always clever but never unreasonably complex. The particularly nasty multi-room puzzles are plentiful and tactfully implemented. Unlike previous Zelda games, you won’t likely find any help from your companion, Midna, either—it seems as though the designers have intentionally left you to figure things out on your own this time. Your map will become a priceless tool everywhere, but nothing will substitute for your wits. If you think you’ve seen Zelda, this game will redefine your expectations."

"So when I tell you that The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is an instant classic, you may not find it even the least bit shocking. But I’d like to begin this review in a rather unorthodox fashion; I’d like to explain the challenges I’ve faced while trying to score this game.

You see, nearly everything about this game is downright perfect. It is undoubtedly the greatest Zelda game to date… in fact, it completely eclipses most other Zelda games. However, visually—at least in terms of textures—it is indeed a GameCube game. An extremely pretty GameCube game, yes, but it still seems less next-gen and more like the epitome of GameCube achievements. The problem is that the rest of the game is so superbly executed—so masterfully designed—that it totally overshadows nearly any slight concern regarding visual prowess."

Gameplay: 10.0/10.0

Presentation: 9.5/10.0

Value: 10.0/10.0

Fun Factor: 10.0/10.0

Final Score: 10.0

GamerZ-Edge gives Zelda:TP.. a 10/10. :D

"The dungeons aren’t just plentiful; they are also huge. In fact, they’re the largest of any game in the series to date. Even the first dungeon is larger than most of those in Ocarina… and by the time you reach the later ones, don’t be surprised if you end up spending a few hours on each. Sure, the expert player may be able to blow through them more quickly, but for most of us, the later dungeons are frequently two-hour-plus expeditions.

The dungeons are also overflowing with elements of prodigious design. I can confidently say that, all else held constant, Twilight’s dungeons are my favorite of the series. The level of design expertise and the sheer sense of creativity that pervades their environments is simply unparalleled in all of gaming. Massive, multistoried rooms mingle with cramped, interconnected passageways in such a way as to both bewilder and astonish the player. In true Zelda fashion, the solutions to the game’s many, progressively baffling puzzles are always clever but never unreasonably complex. The particularly nasty multi-room puzzles are plentiful and tactfully implemented. Unlike previous Zelda games, you won’t likely find any help from your companion, Midna, either—it seems as though the designers have intentionally left you to figure things out on your own this time. Your map will become a priceless tool everywhere, but nothing will substitute for your wits. If you think you’ve seen Zelda, this game will redefine your expectations."

"So when I tell you that The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is an instant classic, you may not find it even the least bit shocking. But I’d like to begin this review in a rather unorthodox fashion; I’d like to explain the challenges I’ve faced while trying to score this game.

You see, nearly everything about this game is downright perfect. It is undoubtedly the greatest Zelda game to date… in fact, it completely eclipses most other Zelda games. However, visually—at least in terms of textures—it is indeed a GameCube game. An extremely pretty GameCube game, yes, but it still seems less next-gen and more like the epitome of GameCube achievements. The problem is that the rest of the game is so superbly executed—so masterfully designed—that it totally overshadows nearly any slight concern regarding visual prowess."

Gameplay over Graphics, as it should be.

I don't care that it's not the most trusted site in the world, my balls just exploded.

REVIEW ABOVE POSTED BY DANTE.

Another good review, hopefully they'll continue to score high. We need to get as many people as we can here to create phony accounts on gamerankings.com and keep voting 10/10 because there has been quite a number of deliberate 1 votes by competitor console fans in order to decrease this games chances of getting into the top 5 games of all time seeing that if an average score is equal, the higher user rating/interest will take precedence. Its currently on a user level of 8.9/10, 9/10 would be a good number as I don't think it stands a chance of passing Resident Evil 4 with user interest of 9.3/10, but average review score on sites, certainly a possiblity.

Heres another review: http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=742929

May have been posted already but doesn't count towards the average score on gamerankings.com.