NEurope
DiemetriX

Your Wii questions?

I'm going to send a mail to gonintendo, Gamespot, IGN and Koakatu with some questions about Wii. Not sure if they will be answered though. Got any ting you wonder about that hasn't been answerd before?

My questions:

Does Action replay/freeloader work on the Wii?

Does Phantasy star work online on Wii?

How does converted avi files work on Wii?

I'll send the mails by the end off the week. So get your questions in here before then.

Find out once and for all what the story is with the blue light. There's been so much whinging about it, so lets get a definitive answer.

Do the smooth plastic feel as orgasmic as it looks?

I can answer that (as I have played Wii)!!

Yes. Yes it does.

Find out once and for all what the story is with the blue light. There's been so much whinging about it, so lets get a definitive answer.

The bluelight comes on when the console is turned on, when you insert a disk, or when you eject a disk. It isn't on at any other time.

Edit - A picture in the hardware discussion says that when you get a message from WiiConnect24 it will blink.

The Freeloader thing's the only thing I wanna know, thoguh it's doubtful

The action replay may work on it. I'm sure Metal Gear Solid has been confirmed to work on Wii - and that requires to change the disk mid-game.

(This is what Nintendork was telling me on MSN)

A freeloader would not work. Because unlike on the GC, it knows when a dsic is put it. On the GC, you can take the freeloader disc out and it won't notice. But as you have to press an eject button on the Wii, it will know that you're putting a second disk in.

The bluelight comes on when the console is turned on, when you insert a disk, or when you eject a disk. It isn't on at any other time.

Well how come the light was always on then when I was playing zelda at the flanders gamepowerexpo last saturday?! :p

It was on when i played it on friday too, but it wasn't the real wii. It was only a display case. Did you have a good look at the Wii?

Yes I did. But it could indeed have been a wii connected to gamecube hardware that ran the game or something.. I hate it that america already has the wii by the way, now the web's littered with zelda spoilers, it's not fun anymore to search the web for news everyday, video overload.

(This is what Nintendork was telling me on MSN)

A freeloader would not work. Because unlike on the GC, it knows when a dsic is put it. On the GC, you can take the freeloader disc out and it won't notice. But as you have to press an eject button on the Wii, it will know that you're putting a second disk in.

Either that isn't a problem, or I may as well get rid of Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes when I sell my Cube.

I hate it that america already has the wii by the way, now the web's littered with zelda spoilers, it's not fun anymore to search the web for news everyday, video overload.

yeah thats true, 1up, IGN etc... all have zelda vids as their headlining content, its annoying.

I dont think i will be going anywhere except for here and maybe ign for 360 news, and gonintendo. I don't know why. It seems they dont want to give out spoilers aswell. Ill just to there for new pics on Wii sports and such.Its gonna be dangerous going to any other sites for the Wii imo.

I wont risk it.

Penny Arcade quote

Even though the game doesn’t look all that great, it’s still Zelda and it’s fucking awesome. Our crew plays Gears of War every night and I had a hard time putting down my remote and nun chuck to join them. 1up has a minute by minute write up of the first ten hours of the game which seems ridiculous to me. I don’t know why you’d want to ruin such a great experience and it’s really not necessary. Maybe that’s that new games journalism I’ve heard so much about.

I recommend avoiding any of the extensive write ups about the game. I’m serious, Twilight Princess is too good to ruin it that way. Just wait a few more days and experience it for yourself.

and i completely agree with them.

Either that isn't a problem, or I may as well get rid of Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes when I sell my Cube.

Yeah...exactly, The gamecube knows when u open it too....that why it's like "Close the lid biatch!!"

Yeah...exactly, The gamecube knows when u open it too....that why it's like "Close the lid biatch!!"

HAHA :bouncy:

lets hope some one with a Wii gives us the answer.

Yes but pressing the electronic eject button on Wii might take you to the Wii Channel menu and close your session unless the game specifically tells the Wii 'we're moving onto disc 2 now' for example.

Yes but pressing the electronic eject button on Wii might take you to the Wii Channel menu and close your session unless the game specifically tells the Wii 'we're moving onto disc 2 now' for example.

But that's what Freeloader does. Tricks the GC into thinking you can open the lid.

Anyway, I'm not expecting it to work, jus saying, there's a chance.

Actually, It doesn't. It only realises when It tries to read something of the disc. Do it while sailing in Wind Waker. The GameCube won't realise until you sail to another square.

What's this talk about MGS? The Wii won't play 2 disc GC games?? Wtf are you guys talking about?

What's this talk about MGS? The Wii won't play 2 disc GC games?? Wtf are you guys talking about?

We don't know. Simple as that.

Actually, It doesn't. It only realises when It tries to read something of the disc. Do it while sailing in Wind Waker. The GameCube won't realise until you sail to another square.

Yeah, I know. But what I'm saying is that it does that when it needs to, and it doesnt need to with the Freeloader, Resi or MGS change overs

We don't know. Simple as that.

I had never given it a thought. But why is there suspicion that it might not work? If the game itself asks to be changed, there should not be any problems, I reckon.