NEurope
chillychili

Donkey Kong 64

its ok....the constant collecting did start to niggle though to be honest, especially when years before mario 64 had shown so much more could be done with a 3D platformer. but it did look gorgeous at the time, and the DK rap is an awesome song.lol

Huh!

DK, Donkey Kong!

He's the leader of the bunch you know him well,

He's finally back to kick some tail,

His coconut gun can fire in spurts.

If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt!

He's bigger, faster and stronger too,

He's the first member of the DK crew!

C'mon Cranky take it to the fridge!

If you know the words you can join in too!

Put your hands together if you want to clap,

take you through this monkey rap!

Hey! DK, Donkey kong, DK, Donkey Kong is here.

Thanks! I was about to forget the DK rap! But I'd forgotten it already if it wouldn't have been in ssbm. (Even it's not the same song)

Does any one remember the full song?

C'mon Cranky take it to the fridge!

If you know the words you can join in too!

Put your hands together if you want to clap,

take you through this monkey rap!

Hey! DK, Donkey kong, DK, Donkey Kong is here.

Thanks! I was about to forget the DK rap! But I'd forgotten it already if it wouldn't have been in ssbm. (Even it's not the same song)

Does any one remember the full song?

lol no can't quite remember the only other bit I could remember was the bit u wrote, anyone else know it all?

I could copy it from N64 but it's upstairs and gc is currently cabled to tv so I'd have to take it of. And computer and tv are in different rooms so I'd have to write it to a piece of paper and the type it here. It would be a whole lot of trouble doing so. So I think I'll pass that...

But if you remember it or own DK64 and got time to copy it, then tell it here. (or just post anything DK64 related)

one of the donkey konga games got the rap

yeah it was the first one, was a different version though.

I liked DK64 when I was a kid, but I tried playing it again a while ago. It's so very dull! There's not that much platforming in it, too much stuff to collect: golden bananas, regular bananas with 5 colors for each character, coconuts, peanuts, berries, blueprints, crystals, ... It just goes on! The game's not about platforming, but about running back and forth collecting crap.

I liked the game. I think loved is giving it too much credit, but I definitely liked it. I didn't mind the collecting at all. The levels were gorgeous, I love the water level, with the lighttower, even thought it also had the most frustrating banana for me to collect. It really took me a long time to finish it, I was missing 2 bananas, one was the one you get from the big metallic fish (when you have to shoot the 3 propellors). The other one was a race with a.. Bunny? That one was easy, but I never was in the mood for it after the frustrating fish. It's very anoying to have to retry, you have to swim all the way back. Than suddenly, I found out there was a trick.. Argh. :|

Oh well, I got all the 201 bananas that day, and got to see the special ending (which is great! But too bad it doesn't show up in the menu).

Ooh and K.Rool.. He's a very typical Rare boss.. That fight's fantastic!.

Oh, and another thing I hated, allthough it didn't have to do with the game itself, was the extra expansion pack that came with it.. You couldn't get it seperately. I of course already had one, I bought one immediately with Turok 2. <sigh>

I loved the game. The Donkey Kong arcade game defeated me, tho. Now my N64 won't work.

The DK Rap!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHF225668c4

I love the DK rap, but wasn't overly keen on the game, it didn't feel all that Donkey Kong to me, especially the levels, many of which were themed just like Banjo Kazooie; a much better game IMO!

I liked Donkey Kong 64 as much as Banjo Kazooie and Mario64.

EchoDesiato

I liked DK64 when I was a kid, but I tried playing it again a while ago. It's so very dull! There's not that much platforming in it, too much stuff to collect: golden bananas, regular bananas with 5 colors for each character, coconuts, peanuts, berries, blueprints, crystals, ... It just goes on! The game's not about platforming, but about running back and forth collecting crap.

I didn't mind collecting because I was so young and I didn't have many games. I'm sure that if I'd play that nowadays, it wouldn't be so great.

oh, and thanks for the rap!

I've always wanted to play this game, anyone know if it's coming out on the VC for Europe?

Lance

you never know, would be a popular download, lasts for ages, simply cos of its collectfest gameplay

If it comes out on the VC (most likely will, it is Nintendo owned). I'll be downloading it and completing it once again. It was a great game

I liked the game. I think loved is giving it too much credit, but I definitely liked it. I didn't mind the collecting at all. The levels were gorgeous, I love the water level, with the lighttower, even thought it also had the most frustrating banana for me to collect. It really took me a long time to finish it, I was missing 2 bananas, one was the one you get from the big metallic fish (when you have to shoot the 3 propellors). The other one was a race with a.. Bunny? That one was easy, but I never was in the mood for it after the frustrating fish. It's very anoying to have to retry, you have to swim all the way back. Than suddenly, I found out there was a trick.. Argh. :|

Oh well, I got all the 201 bananas that day, and got to see the special ending (which is great! But too bad it doesn't show up in the menu).

Ooh and K.Rool.. He's a very typical Rare boss.. That fight's fantastic!.

Oh, and another thing I hated, allthough it didn't have to do with the game itself, was the extra expansion pack that came with it.. You couldn't get it seperately. I of course already had one, I bought one immediately with Turok 2. <sigh>

THAT METALLIC FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you earn that Banana, I can't get it, its almost as if my version of the game is flawed, I shoot the maximum amount I can, and then it restricts from shooting until the fans stop and then you can only hit the flashing bits with one peanut once, and by default with the spinning motions and the amount of time used up, I can never get it. Its the only banana in the game I haven't gotten. :angry:

I loved the game. The Donkey Kong arcade game defeated me, tho. Now my N64 won't work.

yes that arcade game sequence is probably the hardest part of the game.. funny that an 25 year old game should be so hard.. but how was it.. you only had like one life and had to complete the arcade game like 3 times or something

he he.. just saw an episode of the simpsons where Donkey Kong is sitting on a pile of barrels with a sign over him "come and meet donkey kong"...(he's smoking a cigarett).. some guy comes along and tells DK "to pack it up.. nobody wants to see him anymore"... Dk then throws a barrel at him and the guy exclaims "WOW he still got it"..

Yep same here!

and it really annoys me that I never completed the game after getting SOOOOO close to the end, because I really try to comlpete games 100%.

If I still had the game, there's a good chance I'd be able to do it now, but back then I couldn't and I didn't enjoy the game enough overall to keep it and keep trying!

FINALLY GOT THAT LAST BANANA TODAY, now officially completed the game 100%.

LOL! well done mate, better late than never!

I don't know how the hell I got that Banana to be honest. 100 attempts literally. Pissed me off bigtime. I just shot randomly at the remaining light while the fan was spinning beyond the 0 seconds and it worked, I threw an explosive orange as well. MAGIC.

Another game thats been added to my extensive list of 100% completed games.

I didn't get all of the Golden Bananas, but I've got all blueprints. Back then it was so funny when that rat used the weird machine to make a banana appear. :-)

I am currently playing thorough this game. It is entertaining but I think it does start to get tedious. You basically have to play each level 5 seperate times with each of the 5 characters so that you can get everything. plus a lot of the bannanas are earned for doing basically the same thing but with a different character. I think Banjo-Kazooie was the best Rare platformer. Maybe this should have taken some lessons from that. In saying that though, I still enjoy playing Donkey Kong.