NEurope
Tellyn

Spoiler-Free The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Thread

IMAGE_00032.jpg

That is just beautiful...Can't believe the americans are getting it so soon!

AMN has their review up now

I'm linking to the last page, as it includes some good final words about the game and that page doesn't contain any spoilers (except maybe for one or two small thumbnails at the right side.

http://wii.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=8237&pg=4&comments=&preview=

Visuals: 8.0

Sound: 10.0

Control: 10.0

Gameplay: 9.5

replay: 9.0

Verdict: 9.7

There's this GIANT figure of TP Link outside the Gamestation in Norwich, fricking awesome

I didn't get to take a picture but the figure you see in this picture from some event is what is outside the shop!

egamesexpo_nintendofloor_05.jpg

gamespot gave it 8.8.... (and although it sounds stupid i was quite dissapointed with 9.5 =/ that ign gave)

I dont really care about the whole Gamespot arguement that has spread throughout the internet. Fact is they could have given the game a minus score and I would still be buying the thing.

I dont really care about the whole Gamespot arguement that has spread throughout the internet. Fact is they could have given the game a minus score and I would still be buying the thing.

Truth. When we all finally play we can score it ourselves.

I'm kind of fed up with this whole attitude that IGN/Gamespot are both infalible and capable of commanding that exact sales of games as a result of their reviews. Honestly Gamespot gives Zelda a merely VERY GOOD and not a MIND BLOWINGLY SPECTACUALR score of 8.8, and people quite literally assume it's the end times.

If anyone decides to watch the IGN video review, when he tells you that "this isn't really a spoiler" switch it off. It's a bastard of a spoiler. Especially if you've seen the third official trailor and heard a little about the characters.

WARNING: This site contains spoiler artwork, please be cautious.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/rzdj/index.html?link=rss

get rid of midna, middle left, not wii, then you can see vids of gamecube.

Hey, can you give a link to the Gamecube videos?? Don't wanna go through the spoiling artwork...! Unless there's alot of spoilers in the Gamecube video too... would really like to see TP for the GC version though... Would you please give a link? :sad:

IGN is trying to reduce the scores they give, so they don't seem to benevolent, they say its the best game ever and give it less than WW. On the other hand we have the PS2 and XBOX channels that give 9.9 to GTA and Jade Empire.

I don's really care what scores Twilight Princess gets anymore. The reviews have showed that the game kicks ass so I have to get it.

The reviews have showed that the game kicks ass so I have to get it.

Yeah all apart from one :wink:

IGN is trying to reduce the scores they give, so they don't seem to benevolent, they say its the best game ever and give it less than WW. On the other hand we have the PS2 and XBOX channels that give 9.9 to GTA and Jade Empire.

9.9 to Jade Empire? Okay i'm playing the game now, I mean I put down the controller about 5 minutes ago, and NO WAY is it a 9.9. It's a very good game, very good, but it should not be reaching 9.4/9.3.

9.9 to Jade Empire? Okay i'm playing the game now, I mean I put down the controller about 5 minutes ago, and NO WAY is it a 9.9. It's a very good game, very good, but it should not be reaching 9.4/9.3.

Agreed, it's a good game, but not a snowball chance in hell it's a 9.9, neither is GTA:SA

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but apparently EDGE have given Twilight Princess a 9 — same score they gave Wind Waker, as I recall.

I'm not a subscriber so I don't have the issue yet, so I can't say how the review reads. Just thought I'd put the score out there for numeracy whores.

At a guess, they complain it isn't innovative enough, as that's their usual complaint. Quite how you'd make a Zelda game 'innovative' is beyond me, though.

At a guess, they complain it isn't innovative enough, as that's their usual complaint. Quite how you'd make a Zelda game 'innovative' is beyond me, though.

online interaction, persistent online presence through wiiconnect 24, orchestrated dynamic music, new graphics style, voice acting, innovative control in the 1:1 sense, Ds interaction, new weapons

Four Swords was innovative but very much a zelda game (apart from being linear)

The True wii zelda will be innovative. Not this gamecube ported equal of ocarina

Hey, can you give a link to the Gamecube videos?? Don't wanna go through the spoiling artwork...! Unless there's alot of spoilers in the Gamecube video too... would really like to see TP for the GC version though... Would you please give a link? :sad:

Enter then go to last button on the left side and click on the first one.

Or the easyway. :p

online interaction, persistent online presence through wiiconnect 24, orchestrated dynamic music, new graphics style, voice acting, innovative control in the 1:1 sense, Ds interaction, new weapons

Four Swords was innovative but very much a zelda game (apart from being linear)

The True wii zelda will be innovative. Not this gamecube ported equal of ocarina

I used the inverted commas as I'm referring to what the magazine would see as innovative, not me personally. I just don't think anything less then an RE4-style reinvention can get a Zelda game another 10 from them.

Not that it matters. It's just an opinion, and I'm looking forward to forming my own.

Oh, one thing though: Zelda games shouldn't feature full voice-acting. Unless — and this might seem a bit strange — they spoke in Hylian. A 'nonsense' language would be fantastic, as any bad acting would be hard to pick up on as the comprehension isn't there. It would also allow more emotion into the dialogue through inflexion of the voice, make existing in Hyrule a more cohesive experience, and not require localised re-dubbing.

Not to blow my own trumpet, but I genuinely do think it's a great idea.

Enter then go to last button on the left side and click on the first one.

Or the easyway. :p

The website has more. Link with bow, horseback as a wolf etc.

The gamecube sword fighting looks more skillful. All about timing like in windwaker and blocking. Maybe I need to look at the wii more carefully to compare.

Anyway, the more i see of the cube, the more I like it. Shame no widescreen

GC version has:

1.Link's shield is on Auto mode exactly like the Wii version

2. Spin attack is done in the traditional way (by holding the B button and charging your sword and then releasing it)

on the wii, i know your sword charges without pressing a button. Does this mean, it continues to charge even when you are making other attacks?

Links spin attack is by turning the nunchuk and other moves are used by holding down on the A button.

I dislike how Matt at IGN seems to wish the game was still a bit more difficult, I have a feeling it's no harder than Majora's Mask, probably easier....damnit, I was hoping for LTTP difficulty if possible.