NEurope
Tellyn

Spoiler-Free The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Thread

if it borrows heavily from OOT please for the love of god miss out the water temple, jabu jabus sodding stomach and the creepy claw from the forest temple. argghh

Well...

theres a water like temple in TP, at least gamespy says so.

And I couldn't be happier with it.

Definately fake review by Hylia

Fake Screenshots by Hylia (which the admited)

http://www.thehylia.com/images/news_images/fake_hyrule_net_screen.jpg

Fake Interview with Aonuma by Hylia

http://thehylia.com/exclusive_interview.shtml

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/unions/read_article.php?topic_id=24484783&union_id=181&print=1

Why would nintendo give a pre-release wii to these bunch of muppets? or invite them to any previews.

They have no credibility and should not be supported in anyway! They know as much about TP as us and are in no position to give a review. They think they are clever by claiming its "spoiler free" but really its because they know nothing new.

Your attacking thehylia for april fool jokes & you dont believe that NOA has given a Nintendo Wii to TSA aka Zelda speed run freak.

NOA lets everyone have a Wii that has a site ie joystiq.com

Your attacking thehylia for april fool jokes & you dont believe that NOA has given a Nintendo Wii to TSA aka Zelda speed run freak.

NOA lets everyone have a Wii that has site ie joystiq.com

WHAT!?!?

*creates site* *moves to america*

NOA lets everyone have a Wii that has site ie joystiq.com

Read the comments here from TSA.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=8512#comments

Hes more or less said his experience "at best" (and if we believe him) was at an ambassador event. so he couldnt of had more than a couple of hours. ie. he hasnt played the final build, does not have a wii.

I'll stick to my guns. Lots of people have had a try of zelda by now. Most people would write this up as an "impressions" or a preview. This is exactly what Mark at n-europe has done. This is the only credible thing you can do at this stage.

However, this looser wants lots of hits and fame and so decides to right up an illiinformed review prematurely. Just wanted to flag the quality here. I think many of us could write a similar "impression" and call it a review.

PS. That pic I said was fake was from another site my appologies.

but then again maybe you're right if joystik gets one, anyone can ;)

Read the comments here from TSA.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=8512#comments

Hes more or less said his experience "at best" (and if we believe him) was at an ambassador event. so he couldnt of had more than a couple of hours. ie. he hasnt played the final build, does not have a wii.

I'll stick to my guns. Lots of people have had a try of zelda by now. Most people would write this up as an "impressions" or a preview. This is exactly what Mark at n-europe has done. This is the only credible thing you can do at this stage.

However, this looser wants lots of hits and fame and so decides to right up an illiinformed review prematurely. Just wanted to flag the quality here. I think many of us could write a similar "impression" and call it a review.

PS. That pic I said was fake was from another site my appologies.

but then again maybe you're right if joystik gets one, anyone can ;)

How do you know thats the same TSA from the other site posting on gonintendo, I personally wouldn't be suprised if they were two different people

Ya know, I entered the wrong Zelda thread just then and almost started reading though the posts until I noticed I was in the spoilers thread!

Thank god for this thread eh?! Ha ha!

I haven't seen any pictures or footage of Twilight Princess since the first trailer back at E3 2004; which I watch from time to time just to up the anticipation even more!

Occasionally I've glimpsed images, it's SOOOO difficult;

- due to briefly flicking through a magazine page and not realising Zelda was on the next page (I now always check the front of the mag for page numbers!),

- E3 2006 Wii unveiling (had to cover the screen whilst Zelda was on!)

- pictures posted on the main news pages of IGN etc...

- peoples signatures,

- Zelda examples in the video display thread etc...

... so I know a couple of characters, a couple of locations, and very general themes more than what I would have wanted to; such as even the whole Wolf Link thing (which I'd rather not of known), but seeing how that's even made it on to the games boxart; it would have been very difficult to avoid.

It's such a difficult thing to try and achieve because you read very general info about Zelda and accidently see the odd picture and you start to put things together in your imagination. You think you might know the story or, you might have just spoiled the game for yourself, when actually you've probably learned absolutely nothing!!

It's getting much more difficult closer to launch now; with sites such as gametrailers.com putting pictures and descriptions of their Zelda movies so frequently in the main list, when all you want to look at are other Wii movies!!

Generally I'm really happy (so far!) with how the whole spoiler free thing has gone for Twilight Princess and it should make the game much more enjoyable, as I think I'm pretty much oblivious to nearly everything!

How's everyone else's spoiler-free Zelda quest gone?

Also, there are a few general questions I'd like to ask:

- has the horse been re-modled/improved sinse the original E3 2004 video? because it looked a little bit rough!

- has Link got more expressive sinse the E3 2004 video? Link did look a little bit un-emotional!

- has the horse been re-modled/improved sinse the original E3 2004 video? because it looked a little bit rough!

- has Link got more expressive sinse the E3 2004 video? Link did look a little bit un-emotional!

Let's just say that if we answer that you'll die of anticipation.

Yes to both.

Anyway, from the 1UP interview, I noticed the way the '+' button is used, just for items and equipment. That's like, so awesome. No menu scrolling for items anymore :D

(It's ridicilous to be happy about such a thing but bleh :heh:)

Anyone need something to do whilst they pass the time waiting for Twilight Princess?

Well, read this fanfic and look no further. I firmly believe it to be the greatest Ocarina of Time fanfiction ever written and remember reading quite a lot of it back when I was in sixth form several years ago and loving every word.

It's still being written, though. 60 chapters in Link has reached the Water Temple.

Anyone need something to do whilst they pass the time waiting for Twilight Princess?

Well, read this fanfic and look no further. I firmly believe it to be the greatest Ocarina of Time fanfiction ever written and remember reading quite a lot of it back when I was in sixth form several years ago and loving every word.

It's still being written, though. 60 chapters in Link has reached the Water Temple.

Cool, i dont think i ever read a fanfic, I may read this at the weekends or something. Ive got plenty to do before this comes out. GoW and COD3 to play. Plus Dead Rising, Battalion wars, etc. Im set, doubt ill play them all.

Glad to see the first web impressions putting TP in, to say the least, a highly favourable light. Still holding out for the Edge or NGamer review. When is the next Edge out?

Glad to see the first web impressions putting TP in, to say the least, a highly favourable light. Still holding out for the Edge or NGamer review. When is the next Edge out?

Well NGamer said Zelda was so good it made them cry! They gave Wind Waker 97 (NGC mag) but reduced it to 92 (NGamer). So I reckon if it is that good (and I believe it will be!) it should score around 97%. But I'm just guessing here!!

I'm not gonna read any reviews for TP, I'll just look at the scores it gets. I don't want to know anything more about the game than I all ready know.

I reckon EDGE will give it 9. If they give it 10... then you know its the best Zelda ever.

I reckon EDGE will give it 9. If they give it 10... then you know its the best Zelda ever.

I despise Edge's po-faced reviews. They gave both Goldeneye and PD 9/10!!! They absolutely hate giving 10s out. They'll do anything NOT to give Zelda a 10

I despise Edge's po-faced reviews. They gave both Goldeneye and PD 9/10!!! They absolutely hate giving 10s out. They'll do anything NOT to give Zelda a 10

In Edge Language 10 = something that will change videogames forever.

Though they have constanly said in the past that they should have given Goldeneye a 10.

Unfortunately Zelda has already got a 10 for revolutionising games e.g. the lock on system, and Twilight Princess is very similar so the best the game can get is 9.

Edge is very stuck up though, doesn't mean that it isn't the best quality videogames magazine out there.

Wow, just found this article on gamerankings, it's quite old but I'm so amazed by it I had to post it :)

Do you pretend you are the Hero of Time in your sleep? Are you the biggest Zelda fan on the block? Well, take a gander at what this Zelda fan owns...

When we read that Paul Hantschel, one of our forum users, owns a real-life replica of the famous Master Sword from the Legend of Zelda series, we couldn’t just leave well enough alone. So we contacted Paul and asked for some details on his little artifact.

Mr. Hantschel emailed blacksmith Rob Miller of Castle Keep, located in Scotland, with the initial concept and original artwork. Around a week later, Rob responded and requested detailed dimensions for every aspect of Link’s Master Sword. After a ten-month wait period and a £1,800 transaction (around $3,300), Rob began work on the sword of legends.

The blacksmith provided updates of his progress during the one-and-a-half-month forging process. With them he included photographs of the sword, which Paul has graciously shared with PGC:

http://www.planetgamecube.com/media/gen001632.jpg

http://www.planetgamecube.com/media/gen001630.jpg

http://www.planetgamecube.com/media/gen001629.jpg

http://www.planetgamecube.com/media/gen001631.jpg

http://www.planetgamecube.com/media/gen001628.jpg

Lance

There's this GIANT figure of TP Link outside the Gamestation in Norwich, fricking awesome

There's this GIANT figure of TP Link outside the Gamestation in Norwich, fricking awesome

Can you rob it and send it to me in the post, please?

Do you live near it? Mind getting a picture of it Stocker? If it's as big as my imagination has lead me to believe, then I'll be impressed.