NEurope
Tellyn

Spoiler-Free The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Thread

Anticipation overload.

I was in town earlier and there were loads of neat Wii ads and preorder now posters. It was great.

Can someone remind me how many dungeons there are. And put it in spoiler tags so it doesn't ruin it for anyone.

I'd venture into the "other thread", but i'm scared of what I might witness.

Can someone remind me how many dungeons there are. And put it in spoiler tags so it doesn't ruin it for anyone.

I'd venture into the "other thread", but i'm scared of what I might witness.

Dungeon count isn't really a spoiler, it's another of those anticipation building bits of info similar to an image that popped up in the other thread recently. It confirmed something we all knew anyway, right? Even I've seen it and I don't consider it a super spoiler seeing as I knew of it since years ago anyway.

Regarding dungeons, there are:

9 or 10

Should we just rename the zelda thread the Forbidden Thread of Treacherous Spoilers or something.

But yeah it is a mine field of spoilers. I have made an oath the mighty gods of spoiler free-ness that i wont go in there.

Right well that seems about right. Now I was reading a blog over at IGN, and this guy just finished the

ninth

dungeon. He's taken his time, done a few sidequests, and he's clocked up

50 hours, 38 minutes

which i'm very happy with. How long did Ocarina take? I haven't played it in a while.

And I know all the spoiler tags are a bit excessive, but I just want to be sure no one has their game ruined.

I stopped going in the other thread a while ago, seems like I got out just in time before the spoilers got any bigger. I can't wait to play this game, Americans are so lucky to get it at the end of this week!

Only 25 more days to go...

I'm half hoping that I still don't have a job by the time it comes out so I can spend all day every day playing it... Though knowing my luck I'll probably get one a day after getting the game.

I booked the Friday off work and then the weekend I have off anyway. Depending on the immersion factor I may have to be ill on Monday too.

Only 25 more days to go...

24 days, 7 hours 59 minutes and 35 seconds.... really. 25 days sounds longer, when in fact its not that long.

I know I keep saying this, but where are the reviews?

Seriously they've all had since Friday to complete. I know its a long game, but you've had the privilage of getting Zelda before every one else. Hurry up already.

Sorry, I just need to know. I'll still buy it whatever, but i've got to know if it is all that.

They aren't allowed to review the game until a certain date, there's an "embargo" until then or something, I think it's this Friday.

I really, really hope sites give spoiler-free reviews, I've already seen too much of the game from all the videos that have been released :hmm:

Lance

They aren't allowed to review the game until a certain date, there's an "embargo" until then or something, I think it's this Friday.

No that doesn't make any sense, the game is released on Friday. I reckon it might be tonight actually.

I booked the Friday off work and then the weekend I have off anyway. Depending on the immersion factor I may have to be ill on Monday too.

I wonder how many people are going to be "ill" around release time. A few of the more geek orientated job places are going to be screwed.

So how many of you are getting the Cube version. What about the Wii version? Does someone plan to buy both versions?

EDIT: Oh yeah... I'll buy the Cube version. Damn! I have to wait over a month!

I've booked the Friay and Monday off work but I doubt I will have all weekend to play Zelda. My mates birthday is that weekend (so Friday & possibly Sat night out drinking) plus I've just looked at Newcastle's fixture list and I will be going to Blackburn on the Sat...grrr!!!!

This is my home for discussion too. I basically know nothing about the new Zelda game. I only know the controls. Oh yes. I cannot wait till Christmas Day.

I know shag all too. I have my ideas about what the story wil be about but its only from my own mind making stuff up.

I know there is link, a horse, wolf link with midna as friend and Zelda is in it and its set in hyrule. im good with knowing that.

I have a feeling there's going to be a Snapes kills Dumbledorr moment here.

(lol at me)

I know shag all too. I have my ideas about what the story wil be about but its only from my own mind making stuff up.

I know there is link, a horse, wolf link with midna as friend and Zelda is in it and its set in hyrule. im good with knowing that.

Thanks for spoiling it :(

I have a feeling there's going to be a Snapes kills Dumbledorr moment here.

Really I'm getting that; 'Luke, I am your father' moment personally.

So how many of you are getting the Cube version. What about the Wii version? Does someone plan to buy both versions?

EDIT: Oh yeah... I'll buy the Cube version. Damn! I have to wait over a month!

You're not alone... so far, my decision is to get the Cube version. Unless I try the Wii version and it convince me to buy it and the Wii... Who knows ::shrug:

But seriously... I think it's going to be the Cube version. I just can't get over that everything is mirrored, Link's a rightie, automatic shield block in combat and no free camera control... those things kinda suck! But damn, if it is the Cube version for me, I'm sure gonna miss the fishing part... :weep:

I wonder how many people are going to be "ill" around release time. A few of the more geek orientated job places are going to be screwed.

*raises hand* hopefully....:wink:

Penny Arcade have given their two cents:

Even though the game doesn’t look all that great, it’s still Zelda and it’s fucking awesome.

-Playing Zelda with the Wii controller is super fun. -The game play is a blast. -The story is great. -You’ll never even think about the graphics while you’re playing it.

I recommend avoiding any of the extensive write ups about the game. I’m serious, Twilight Princess is too good to ruin it that way. Just wait a few more days and experience it for yourself.

Excellent.