OVERLORD

Wii's got game. New Madden 07 screens!

ps2

madden-nfl-07-20060508024019167.jpg

madden-nfl-07-20060508024020370.jpg

"Wii"

scr_081.jpg

scr_098.jpg

i really really doubt it. It will be nicer that the PS2 probably but that much.....naaaaaa

(tried to find as close as possible pics)

Just look at the grass, and the smoothness of the players.

I'm still not sure. They have said all along that the wii will be capable of good stuff. But those pictures....

It'd be nice if we'd have some comparison. The Wii has no game that gets to that level of graphics (maybe SMG but the style is incomparable) so I'll be skeptical until conformation.

If this comes out to be true (and keeping up a decent 30 fps with that), that will be awesome indeed - that means that the gap 360/PS3 <> Wii is much smaller than expected, and better graphics is an improvement.

For reference, these are 360 shots:

madden-nfl-07-20060821065316913.jpg

madden-nfl-07-20060821065325616.jpg

madden-nfl-07-20060821065405256.jpg

Take away HD and they're exactly the same - the "Wii" shots smell like scaled 360 shots to me.

Madden was on the gamespot marathon as fierce_link said and whilst it looked good it didnt look as good as these screens, they have to be fmv or pre-rendered or something.

If those are Wii-shots, I'll eat my hat. And I'm not fond of that prospect, because I quite like my hat.

It's the "Let's put the best-looking shots of the best-looking version on all boxes"-strategy that EA is so eager to use.

I have to say I am getting more and more interested in buying this at launch, I don't have a clue how american football works but with a lack of any other sports titles out that I want (wii sports not counting) this is appealing to me, I did used to have madden on my megadrive and despite not really understanding it, did kinda enjoy it.

sorry for double post, but this got reviewed by IGN on saturday and they seemed to love it:

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/746/746697p1.html

wondering what UK gamers views are on american football games, I am well into my serious sports title, but the lack of Pro Evo or Fifa is causing me to think about trying a new sport, my bro is into NFL and says its simple and the game should be good,are the rules hard to understand cos I think this is the biggest thing thats putting me off, that I won't understand the rules lol!

The 360 blows the Wii away, I've never played Madden so perhaps the control scheme is stagnant.

I can't see any reason why anyone would wanna play Madden Wii.

The 360 blows the Wii away, I've never played Madden so perhaps the control scheme is stagnant.

people that dont have a 360 maybe!?

people that dont have a 360 maybe!?

I think he ment gamers who may have the choice between the 360 version and Wii version.

Oh I can't afford a 360 11 months after launch, I better just give up saving and buy a Nintendo Wii instead.

Of course there will be people who get this as a present from budgetting parents.. and that excludes any choice so is exempt.

But core 360s are not that much more expensive now. $50 bucks more at the very most.

Oh I can't afford a 360 11 months after launch, I better just give up saving and buy a Nintendo Wii instead.

Of course there will be people who get this as a present from budgetting parents.. and that excludes any choice so is exempt.

But core 360s are not that much more expensive now. $50 bucks more at the very most.

never said I couldn't afford one, just not interested in getting one as aside from the flashy graphics there isn't much im interested in getting, GOW looks amazing but aside from that there isn't any other killer apps that make me desperate to get one, whereas there is with the Wii.

and whats the point in getting a core, its not good value for money at all.

I was talking hypothetically when you said "people who can't afford one"

A core system is great value for money when you consider Microsoft is upgrading the hard drive to 80gb in the near future (because 20gb is not enough)

The kind of people who have to get a core system don't have a HD TV, and don't need wireless controllers.

i don't think it is good value for money when you see all the bundles you can get with the premium pack at the mo..4 games and remote for £350 at some places. and 20gb is more than enough for some people.

anyway lets not argue, this thread is about madden lets not forget.

No the thread is about the army of people who buy Madden every year for better graphics. It's what they expect:

"As a hard core madden player for years i can tell you that NO ONE is going to be really taking Wii Madden seriously. You won't see any Wii madden tourneys ever. Madden player aren't the type of guys that will be buying Wii's. Sad but true. Think I'm joking? Head over to maddenauthority.com and ask about the Wii and see how bad you get laughed at."

Fanboy? Perhaps.. but he has a point.

ah right...now your point is taken more. I'm guessing that EA dont really expect to sell the Wii version to the hardcore Madden fans, but for everyone else picking a wii, its just helping to broaden the consoles range of software, which surely can't be a bad thing? so with this in mind surely it doesn't matter what the hardcore Madden fans think?

That's what confuses me. They've actually put effort into this game.. it doesn't look bad.

Matt says they have really refined the control scheme.

It's akin to asking a Fifa kid to buy a GameCube to play it on.. the GameCube was cheaper.. but Fifa kids wanted a PS2 or an XBOX to play it on.

Nintendo still has that perception of being a kids console.. one demographic it won't win over (unless it has done already with people like us) is teenage males.

It does indeed give the impression a Wii is an inclusive console.. and it does amaze me that even Madden on the PSP can almost outdo something like New Super Mario Bros. http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/deadrising/news.html?sid=6156468

The top 3 spots are taken by the PS2, XBOX and 360.

Interesting to see IGN giving the Wii version of madden a higher score than the PS3 version.

That's what confuses me. They've actually put effort into this game.. it doesn't look bad.

Matt says they have really refined the control scheme.

It's akin to asking a Fifa kid to buy a GameCube to play it on.. the GameCube was cheaper.. but Fifa kids wanted a PS2 or an XBOX to play it on.

Nintendo still has that perception of being a kids console.. one demographic it won't win over (unless it has done already with people like us) is teenage males.

It does indeed give the impression a Wii is an inclusive console.. and it does amaze me that even Madden on the PSP can almost outdo something like New Super Mario Bros. http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/deadrising/news.html?sid=6156468

The top 3 spots are taken by the PS2, XBOX and 360.

yeah just think EA put all that effort in to make it as accesible as possible as they know some players aren't going to pour over it for hours upon hours, (and for those that do the franchise mode is still there). Its a good technique. I'm fascinated to find out what will happen to fifa on the wii, see if they try and make that innovative or just rely on the classic controller. damn i want a football game for the wii.

Maybe because Wiis Madden is better/equivalent than 360's madden.. It's all about the controls.. And Wii version controls are much greater that 360 version.

I really like the controls in this version. I read the ign review and its a shame that big hit function doesnt work often, it would be really fun to take out your friend while playing using this move.

Still i will get this when my first lot of Wii games are done.