NEurope
OVERLORD

Wii's got game. New Madden 07 screens!

Sorry if this has been already posted.

Saw this posted originally here http://www.3dgameman.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44368

New screens:-

http://www.ngcfrance.com/news.php?op...0&idx=6041&r=1

http://previews.operationsports.com/...me=madden07wii

See IGN for comparison http://uk.media.wii.ign.com/media/82...43/imgs_1.html

Looks like EA got out Mr. Sheen. Looks more polished.

wow thats the Wii screens?!? I thought they were comparisons between 360 and Wii...

I want this version of the game now..not he 360 one, i love throwing a ball aound, this will be so cool.

What about men sports like rugby?

:P

Or a soccer* game? Will we see a soccer game on Wii? Now that the DS has Pro-Evo6 is there a possibility of a Pro Wii-vo! (sorry...)

*I am by no means calling soccer a man's sport by the way :p

Yeah it has to be a mistake like them sending out generic "Madden 07" shots and the sites putting them in the Wii section. It looks on par if not above the 360 version with the clothing shading and everything....the models seem a good deal higher poly than Wii and the most recent Wii videos I've seen are from mid October and look nowhere NEAR as good as these new screens.

I'll believe it if IGN or some other site with a seriously "in the know" Wii section puts them up.

I'm not good with judging screenshots, but if you guys watch a bit of that Gamespot marathon, they spend some time playing through this. To me, it looked good, but i'm really not good at comparing screens to video, so judge for yourself. :heh:

Watched the Gamespot video and they definitely aint real screens. The guys in the video specifically say the game looks "around par with the Xbox build" referring definitely to original Xbox.

Well, I have now browsed through over 200 Madden 07 promo pictures for Xbox 360 / PS3. None of these pictures were featured on any major gaming site (IGN, 1UP, Gamespot), so I'm really wondering where these are from. EA's Wii team said during october they are going to revamp game's graphics, but I really doubt these are from Wii version.

if you watch the goal celebration replays in mario soccer, you get similarly good graphics.

It is very easy to achieve when you turn physics, ai and other gameplay mechanics off.

These are not gameplay graphics. So not particially interesting really :(

scr_066.jpg

I don't think these can be wii screens. The crowd and other people on the sideline are all 3d and in these types of games I wouldnt be expecting massive of extra 3d objects in the distance(like corwds in footbal games etc).

If this is wii then well done EA they have always been good in the graphics deparment.

I know we all hope it is Wii screenshots but comparing it to everything we have seen its not likely. IS the resolution of these screens not to big for sd widescreen?

I don't think these can be wii screens. The crowd and other people on the sideline are all 3d and in these types of games...

Well, even old (real?) Wii version screenshots feature 3D audience (albeit simple). For comparision, Mario Strikers Charged's crowd is also fully 3D, not just flat textures. And TBH, only major improvement in the substeinar's pictures is better grass texture (which doesn't even feature bump mapping or any other fancy effects).

Ima gonna high five Teppo here. I expected the 360 version to look better than those screens. And there are some low detailed textures in those pics.

Well, even old (real?) Wii version screenshots feature 3D audience (albeit simple). For comparision, Mario Strikers Charged's crowd is also fully 3D, not just flat textures. And TBH, only major improvement in the substeinar's pictures is better grass texture (which doesn't even feature bump mapping or any other fancy effects).

Maybe your right:bowdown:

Lighting compared to the old screens has been completely revamped. If this is the Wii versoin well done EA. I wouldnt expect this from their 1st wii Madden game. Im still unsure on the masses of 3d corwds and people on the side lines seems a hell of a lot of polygons. I suppose it is only a reply.

Here is a screen of the 07 for normal xbox

madden-nfl-07-20060727045445792.jpg

If the above screen are wii screen wel that should make people stop calling it a xbox.

Uhm, I'm quite undecided to cheer or doubt these screenshots. The level of detail (textures, shading, poly count) is that of the 360 and I'm quite sure the Wii couldn't handle that on the IGN specs - we need confirmation. Then again, I doubt Mario Galaxy is intended to be giving us the Wii's full power, so there must be some awesome things possible.

Anyway, the controls for this game make it awesome as is.

I don't think these can be wii screens. The crowd and other people on the sideline are all 3d and in these types of games I wouldnt be expecting massive of extra 3d objects in the distance(like corwds in footbal games etc).

If this is wii then well done EA they have always been good in the graphics deparment.

The people in the crowd are not 3D, just the people on the sidelines.

Uhm, I'm quite undecided to cheer or doubt these screenshots. The level of detail (textures, shading, poly count) is that of the 360 and I'm quite sure the Wii couldn't handle that on the IGN specs - we need confirmation. Then again, I doubt Mario Galaxy is intended to be giving us the Wii's full power, so there must be some awesome things possible.

Anyway, the controls for this game make it awesome as is.

Agreed on both counts, those graphics look to good for the Wii, he facial expression on that guy diving just doesnt look as if the Wii could do that. If it is Wii then frick.

The controls are whats selling me this game.

I don't get why you people think's it's a FMV, but whatever

Because as far as we know the Wii is supposed to be, quite literally, a GameCube x1.5 and it's not supposed to be able to do that. Either that's FMV or our knowledge is outdated (I'm hoping for the latter).

Remember, Nintendo have said many times that the Wii is very much a capable console, and it can do some very beautiful graphics, this is obviously a sign that Nintendo were telling the truth.

Those aren't Wii screens. Not a chance.

Qft, the top are 360/PS3 bottom are Wii/N64.