NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dannbrownn

Your Wii, When, where and how?

Hello there!

I was just wandering how you were going to get your wii, i will be getting mine from a midnight opening of an independant games shop in my town.

I can't wait, it's going to be amazing! My first ever new console launch since i became properly interested in games and Nintendo!

I understand that some people will be getting them for Christmas, some people will have to travel miles to the nearest town to get one and so on,

anyway is anybody doing anything interesting to get their wii?

Interesting? Getting up early will be "interesting" I suppose. Being at the store before it opens is all Im gonna do.

Oh, and welcome to the forums.

about 4:30 in the afternoon, at Gamestation. egh, that will be a long day.

That will be a long day indeed... **shudders**

The advantage of being a 19 year old eBayer really comes into its own in these situations! Roll on midnight between december the 7th and 8th!

Should be dashing down to the local GAME after school. Oh that is going to be a long day, doubled up by the fact that one of my friends is getting one there too; we'll be the ones flailing our arms across the classroom during the day, playing the Wii Sports we don't own yet :(

I pre-order mine at an independent gameshop. I had to call them three times until they finally accepted pre-orders. I think I was the first guy who pre-ordered there.

One day late on Saturday (religious holiday on Friday) in the morning I will go to the shop, pick up the Wii...

I'm going to be at Gamestation in Chiswick at midnight to pick mine up (assuming they can confirm to me today they are doing a midnight launch).

EDIT: I said that this morning in all innocence. Here's what I just posted in the Wii Preorders thread:

I'm really quite angry right now.

I preordered very early at Gamestation (Chiswick), and went just now to ask if they would be doing a midnight launch. When I got there, they told me that they were closing down. I've sent an email to them asking if they'll transfer my preorder and keep me near the front of the line, which they'd better blooming wel do. I haven't got a preorder elsewhere, so what on earth will I do if they can't transfer it?

xmas for me -.-

But getting games and extra wii-mote on my b-day 8th dec :hehe:

Yes stupid I know but thats the only way I'm gunna get it!

Dec 8th I hope... if gamestation get the stock. In Staines and my friend will give me a lift no way am I worrying about chavs that day or night depending if its a midnight launch.

Game Mania Genk, About 10:30 (If I'm lucky and the teachers don't make the tests to hard to let me stayt the full monthy (four hours instead of just two)). Then, I'll be waiting till 12:00 for my dad to stop working and bring me home (I'm not biking my Wii Home). Long two hours. Or not. We'll just see. Looking forward, though, 'cause zelda will be my friday-sweet-treat...

well i am hoping that i get a Japanese Wii on DEC 2nd launch but i got a horrible feeling play-asia are not gonna ship as low stock and high prices.

December 8th at 00.00 hrs. I will have mine :)

I pre-ordered from the store in Ireland that will get the biggest allocation of consoles (twice as many as any other retailer) and I'm pretty certain I will have one.

Played the Wii yesterday......it's freaking great!

Im still trying to decide if a want a Wii.

I can either:

Get a Wii

Get a 360

Upgrade my laptops Graphics Card and RAM

Im leaning towards laptop upgrades at the moment because of UT2007 and Medieval 2: Total War (looking forward to playing those more than any game other than SSBB)

If my local store is having a midnight opening, then I'll go to that, but I don't think they are. If they aren't I'm getting up early then getting ready for uni, going to GAME, buying the wii, bringing it home and leaving it in the box, then going to uni for a few hours.

I'm thinking about skipping my first class that day so I can go to the store when it opens at 9 and buy me a Wii (hopefully they'll have some). Then bike home (or go by bus, depending on what the weather is like that day), drop off my Wii and go back to school for the rest of the day. Return home at about 4-5 and then play!

If skipping my first class doesn't work, I'll just have to wait till after school, which is gonna suck big time. =/

well have preordered it at a local shop.. as the only one at the time.. so I must be nr 1 in the line.. but even then the shop can't promise me a machine on launch day because they are not sure they are getting any on that day because Nintendo is probably focusing on the bigger cities.. you will hear plenty of moaning from me on the day if i leave that store empty handed

If essays all done (well drafted fully) Dec 8th

If not, it'll be when i break up from college on Dec 17th.

I'm going to mug someone as they walk home with £300 worth of shit, because it's midnight nobody will be around to stop me.

I'll probably do it again when the PS3 launches.. except I'll have £700 worth of goodies.

Whatever time the man from Play.com comes and rings my doorbell. Luckily enough, I don't have lectures on fridays, and I moved my lab session for that friday afternoon to the previous one. Hope to god he gets here before noon. It's like waiting for christmas. Except I don't really care about christmas any more!

I'm going to mug someone as they walk home with £300 worth of shit, because it's midnight nobody will be around to stop me.

I'll probably do it again when the PS3 launches.. except I'll have £700 worth of goodies.

Meet me at Staines we will have ourselves a knife fight! Only kidding I will be in my friends car feel free to attack it though its german it wont break!

As a teacher, I usually get everything ready for the following week on Friday evenings. When the Wii launches, though, I'll have to get all that done on the Thursday, before going to the midnight launch at my GameStation, coming home, and having a bit of a play before going to bed. Then, after a bleary-eyed day of tired teaching, I'll come home and spend the rest of the weekend with my new Wii. :)

Sign in to follow this