NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Emasher

books

am it the only one on this forum who reads things other than forums and gaming mags. :confused:

any way whats every body reading right now

Great way to start a thread....

I'm not reading anything at the moment, I don't really have time, but before I read nothing, I was reading a Wilbur Smith.

La Cosa Nostra: The History of the Sicilian Mafia

Haven't picked it up in ages, but it's pretty good so far. It's basically the history of the Mafia (surprisingly) told using mainly small storie, examples and anecdotes of.

I tend to only read my course text books. However I am slowly making my way through "They Fuck You Up" a pyschoanalytical book about how your early life and upbringing affects your adult behaviour and relationships.

Currently reading:

King of the Murgos [The Mallorean - David Eddings]

The God Delusion [Richard Dawkins]

When it comes to fictional I just LOVE fantasy, and The Belgariad/The Mallorean by David Eddings is incredible. As the area of philosophy interests me greatly I sometimes read philosophical books too, well to be honest The God Delusion is my first.

I read quite a bit. Some of my favorites are The Hitch Hiker's Guide to The Galaxy series, a few of George Orwell's Books, Stephen King's, a few of a Dan Brown's and Malorie Blackman's Naughts and Crosses series.

Also quite randomly Lucas by Kevin Brooks has a place in my heart.

Can anyone suggest some books - especially if you like some of my favorite books.

Malorie Blackman's Naughts and Crosses series.

Just reads thosu, htey are brilliant. Try catcher in the rye.

Lots and lots of history books :( about Heraclius some kick ass Byzantine Emperor just finished a 3000 word essay on him and im taking the weekend off. So tired.

Imma reading Neil Gaiman's Sons of Anansi and V for Vendetta,which is a comic, but it's bookish.

Currently reading:

King of the Murgos [The Mallorean - David Eddings]

The God Delusion [Richard Dawkins]

When it comes to fictional I just LOVE fantasy, and The Belgariad/The Mallorean by David Eddings is incredible. As the area of philosophy interests me greatly I sometimes read philosophical books too, well to be honest The God Delusion is my first.

The God Delusion is brilliant. It needs to be read to know why, I'm too tired and lazy to type up why it's so good.

Cardiovascular Physiology. -J.R Levick.

I wish I could read some non-course books, but I barely have the time. I have the Dark Tower series (well, first two books) with me, maybe I'll give them a go over Xmas...

in the underworld by laurie taylor.

its related to my uni course but it's actually interesting...unlike the rest of the course :(

I don't really read a lot of books but currently I'm reading Stewie's Guide to World Domination.

Absolutely hilarious.

Ive just finished reading the Wheel Of Time series by Robert Jordan (12 books, took me about a year). Away to start Stephen King's Dark Tower series now, just waiting on the library getting a hold of Gunslinger

Cardiovascular Physiology. -J.R Levick.

I wish I could read some non-course books, but I barely have the time. I have the Dark Tower series (well, first two books) with me, maybe I'll give them a go over Xmas...

What are you studying?

Medicine, I believe.

Just been reading Everyman by Phillip Roth which is interesting- it's the life story of an unnamed man, charted almost exclusively by his increasing hospitalizations as he gets older and his health begins to fail. It's a very interesting read....oh, and Phillip Roth is The Shit. Amazingly powerful writer.

gggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkssss.

Just kidding. I read from time to time, normally fiction stuff like Discworld and Harry Potter, and Marvel comics. I'm reading Spider-Girl graphics novels at the moment though, which are better than I expected. For anyone looking for a good read, I would recommend HDM trilogy(Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife, The Amber Spyglass) by Phillip Pullman, possibly my favourite story ever.

I missed my V for vendetta delivery today. Properly unimpressed as I'm using it for my degree...

Ive just finished reading the Wheel Of Time series by Robert Jordan (12 books, took me about a year). Away to start Stephen King's Dark Tower series now, just waiting on the library getting a hold of Gunslinger

Great stuff, The Dark Tower is an amazing journey... youre gonna love it! :yay:

Im gonna get Liseys Story soon. Aside from that Ive got some classics waiting to be opened, Im reading l'Etranger and Ill be starting l'Immoraliste soon.

Fresh Power by Jim Cymbala, anyone know it? :awesome:

Just finished the new Jeremy Clarkson. Enjoyed it very much. Some amusing opinions there. Just started Yes Man by Danny Wallace now. Very promising.......

At the minute, Zombie Survival Guide, got World War Z to go after that, then a couple Matthew Rily books, Temple, Scarecrow, Finished Ice station which was amazing.

abnd go the Potter books to read >> I got a lot to get through

I missed my V for vendetta delivery today. Properly unimpressed as I'm using it for my degree...

How? Great comic though, the speech with all the Vs is ace.

Sign in to follow this