NEurope
Ignite

Nextgen Zelda - First Person?

I'm sure you've been called worse than ****, I think it's actually a pretty thing to be called.

Anyways, I think the logical look at this is that when you hold the (a) trigger it pulls behind Link into a 1st person/directly behind the shoulder view where the remote becomes the sword and you can have a more immersive control in the world.

A completely 1st person game would HAVE to be br tried out in a spin-off or in a completely new ip with the (crafty) idea of using it for a new Zelda title!

Also, who likes the idea of removing the Zelda title and calling the games the adventures of Link!?! Or somethingorother!?! The Zelda plot device is getting slightly stale!

I'm sure you've been called worse than ****, I think it's actually a pretty thing to be called.

Interesting.

Still annoyed me though because he didn't post a source and then acts like my comment was bullshit.

I don't know i can't really imagine it properly, but i guess if the DS game is going to be done like so, we'll get a pretty good idea of what it'll be like (bar the control scheme). It doesn't sound all that good to me though, i mean quite a lot of things to still be considered i'd prefer it if like you could use the analogue add on to move link about and just use the remote to swing the sword, the whole change in camera angle just doesn't seem right. But hey it could work you never know!

I mean, who the hell though of putting that much jumping in a 1st person game.
Retro Studios. Can't remember the game. Metrode? Me... Metroid?

Meh.

Rofl Rolf.

God I'm sick of having to lock my view down just to make those fucking platform jumps.

HA HA! That's brilliant Rolf!!!

I find it really easy to make the jumps int the Prime series, it just seems natural, you automatically look downwards as you're descending on it. It works so well!

i don't think the revolution Zelda will be in first person, nor will be the zelda that we know of it today, shigsy said that the gamecube zelda that is coming out will be the last of it's type. and he also wanted to make new genres for the revolution, ones that have never been thought of, i am 100% sure that nintendo will suprise us with the revolution version of zelda on how it is going to be played. remember when nintendo suprised us with the realistic version of zelda at E3 2004.

:woops::eek:Now if this is trew Nintendo has just started on the first Zelda FLOP. That game isnt gona sell even if it comes with free banana's :hmm:

I think I'd cry if Zelda went FP! There's no reason why Zelda can't stay in 3rd person and you just have full control over the items as it is, the Revolution controller can allow that without having to go FP.

I know Iwata was talking about Zelda being taken from a "different perspective" but do you really need to be 1FP to slash the sword around?

I mean honestly, why cant you just be in 3rd person and use the sword? It might be a little harder to judge your slashes but it would still be more zelda-eeey...

Maybe they are going to take the perspective from RE4, that would rock. It would make the dungeons waaay more tense plus you would still get all that accuracy and control.

Maybe it is time to say good-bye to the good old "Z targetting" created for ocarina of time. It was a monument in 3D gaming progression but sometimes we must move on...

I think a FP Zelda game could work if done properly. I would like to see how Nintendo would go about making this game before I started critisizing it. It doesn't sound like the best direction to take the franchise but like I said, it could work - it's Nintendo after all.

A Zelda FPS, come on... Tell me how it'd work. What is the improvement over third person? It would simply kill the game, and probably a part of the series with it. Third person is what makes Zelda Zelda. The first person rumour is probably the result of lack of imagination.

I kept on imagining FPS Zelda in my head and I simply won't see how it'd work and only see the dissappointment of how it would crush the series. Sorry, I think Nintendo'll also see that Zelda is absolutely not suited for this. Maybe they'll but sword swinging with stylus/Rev controller in, or point & touch elements like I said before. But not FPS.

The FPS idea could be a very good game but why mangle the Zelda series for that? Remember the criticism the Wind Waker got, when it only was graphics? If they pull down DS Zelda to the likes of The Elder Scrolls (not comparable, but hey), I don't want to hear the entire gaming community coming down on Nintendo. I have no doubt though that Nintendo won't even try though.

i don't think the revolution Zelda will be in first person, nor will be the zelda that we know of it today, shigsy said that the gamecube zelda that is coming out will be the last of it's type. and he also wanted to make new genres for the revolution at E3 2004.

Yeah, from now on we're going to get games like...

The Legend of Zelda: Pinball

The Legend of Zelda: Tetris

The Legend of Zelda: Breakout

The Legend of Zelda: Asteroids

----------

I would love a FP Zelda, it would feel like you're actually in the game more, using the controller as a sword etc

I think it's quite a good idea -- the game would certainly be more immersive than before.

Link has always been an "empty shell"; there is no need to see the back of him really.

I think that if Nintendo do decide to have FP Zelda, it would not be the (how would you say this) "main" Zelda game for the Revo; like Four Swords Adventures was not as big a hit as Wind Waker. If they do FP Zelda it would probably be called "Link's Moves" or somat (not as crap a name though :P).

if they want to experiment, why not just create a new franchise?

Yes! Please do! Don't play with our beloved Zelda too much!

I really don't care what they do with it. Zelda always has and always will be the greatest franchise. I have every Zelda game ever made (except the ones on the panasonic 3d0 i think it was) and they are all amazing. I trust Nintendo and I know they won't go wrong!

Link has always been an "empty shell"; there is no need to see the back of him really.

There's a certain literary value to Link's everlasting silence if that's what you mean. It makes you feel like you are the hero because Link (and Samus too) doesn't express thoughts to replace what you think of the situation - your thoughts are Link's thoughts, you are the hero.

I also don't want a FP Zelda.

In 3rd Person Link seems like a puppet to me and I can see what he is doing, I see how he talks to people and I see how he faces enemies and all the time I know it's me who is doing these things or better: I'm making him do it, I'm the puppeteer.

I guess the 3rd Person perspektive makes me think I have to care for him. In FPS I never have this feeling, I have the feeling I must kill that enemy and if my character is killed I have the feeling I'm Game Over (=killed) now which often results in me turning off the console/PC but in 3rd Person I'm the spectator and so it's no "me" who was killed and I try that part multiple times.

Besides that I didn't like the FP parts (shooting arrows and boomarang) in OOT and TWW, sure it's often quite useful for precise aiming but you don't see so much of the environment anymore and I think swordfighting with the Revo controller is also possible in 3rd person and the overview in 1st person isn't nearly as good.

Another thought that came to my mind some days ago: Link is left-handed so do we have to take the controller in the left hand?

A first person Zelda would make me sell my Gamecube for a chocolate bar...maybe two:unsure: