NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
tyl3r_durd3n

40 Million Milestone for PlayStation 2 in Europe

I only know two people in real life that their consoles have broken. One was a 360 and the other was a PS2. That happened when a friend dropped a tomato sauce bottle on it, oh the joy when MGS2 stopped working, lol.

That seems a bit silly. To avoid countless hundreds of hours of entertainment because of a faceless company :P

Sony does have a face! The face of EVIL

I bought a second hand one in 2002 when they were still way too much to buy. Bought it for the RPGs mainly and it still works brilliantly. Maybe im just lucky. Its always been on its side as well.

yerp. I gotta say, xbox is my fav out the 3, and i still hate sony. Nintendo, im slowly going off them, hopefully Wii will change that

I started off loving the Gamecube, but slowly over time my growth started switching from that to the PS2. PS2 just has so many good games that I've enjoyed over the years. It also contains a bucketload of strategy RPGs and RPGs that I just love to play.

40 million in europe? That means it sold less in over (more populous) territories. Reason? Microsoft and Nintendo neglecting it.

You have to take into account poplulation and so on. Japan is small compared to Europe and USA. It's sold over 100 million units (Think it's like 105 or something) so 65 is split between Japan and USA. Most going to USA I would of thought.

And i'm happy to not be one of those 40 million

Exactly the same feelings here!

My bastard PS2 is totally fucked. I can't believe I actually bought one, but hey, some of the games are great...they'd be a hell of a lot better as cube exclusives though, but hey, what can you do?

I'd cry if I wasn't. I'm too much of a gamer to miss out on lots of great games. >.<

Some people don't know what they're missing, and are proud of that fact I suppose.

The rest of us can enjoy ourselves.

Sign in to follow this