NEurope
DiemetriX

OMFG! Norwegian Wii prices.

Actually, hold up, why have you only just been given the prices now? That seems a bit strange to me, especially when most of us knew the UK price about a month or so ago.

I got them today. And the spokesperson from bergsala got them some time this week.

BUT, I told her I was planing on haveing a Wii launch party at my place (with AdrianDXs import Wii) and she said she will supply me with free Wii stash ^^

I asked bergsala in Denmark for a month ago why it was taking them so long to announce the danish price ... they answered that they had to calculate the price from the euro-price ... strange. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

Many stores expects the Wii to cost 2200 in danish kr.

X360 is actually pretty cheap in Norway. I've seen Xbox 360 PREMIUM for as low as 2500 NOK, that is around £199. X360 Core is 1500 NOK (£120) in some stores, which I believe is even lower than most retailers in UK and central Europe.

The cheapest preorder price I've seen for Wii is 2400 NOK, £192. When Wii is a lot more expensive than X360 Core you know something is wrong with Nintendo/Bergsala's prices...

Elkjøp is ready for a price war, just like with the DS. Bergsala (who are marketing idiots, by the way), priced the DS at 1499,- kroner, which converts to $232.50. Elkjøp cut a third off the price.

I've been talking to a guy at Elkjøp from time to time, and he said after Electroworld (and Elkjøp-hosted electronics show), the chain wants to focus a lot on the Wii.

Last time I spoke to the guy, he said they would sell the Wii for 1999,- kroner, or $310. It's not incredible, but at least it's not full price. Hopefully they won't price it higher now Bergsala's released the official prices.

Wow those prices really suck.Sorry Die.But really if it's that expensive then complain it's not right,I mean more expensive than the core...

Someones trying to get a profit...

BUT, I told her I was planing on haveing a Wii launch party at my place (with AdrianDXs import Wii) and she said she will supply me with free Wii stash ^^

Mind if I invite myself? :)

By the way, the reason it's so much more expensive than UK is partly because of Norway not being a part of EU, i think.

It's due to the 25% tax on basically everything in Norway. So here everything's 25% more expensive than everywhere else.

It sucks so bad.

Yeah but your roads have less potholes in them. LOL

Thats too bad, specially since you guys are rich.

Anyway the euro has this benefits, we have 21% VAT here and it's the same price as in Spain and they have 17% VAT.

Yeah but your roads have less potholes in them. LOL

That, my dear friend, is not true. And besides, if we are so rich, why are we complaining about the price?

This is unbelievable, I was outraged enough by the british prices, but now I feel silly, it isn't simply just the tax pushing it up, somebody clearly thought they'd capitalise the higher tax and push the price up more. Nintendo really treat people like crap outside of america and japan, seriously.

(In something completely unrelated, I think I have this AdrianDX fellow on my msn, what a small world)

Yeah, I'm not too fussed about the game/system price. I was expecting that (though I had hoped for 2500, some places probably sell it for that), those controller prices are DAMNED high. They're for shame and shit. I was hoping for 400/200, and they slap 500/300 at us.. Damn, that's, like, 800 for both.

:weep:

Toys "R" Us and BR (also a toy store) has it listed for 2199 kroner here in Denmark, which is the equivalent of €295

I preordered my Wii (hope I'm not too late) today at EB Games and the clerk told me that they didn't know the final price yet but they were expecting it to cost between 2000-2500 DKK

well im not surprised either.. but have been sitting here, in denmark, grinning while the rest of europe complained about their prices.. but I have found places to import my games so that I at least save some money there.. right now my only worry is to actually get a Wii on launch day

You could always get some cheap flights across to the UK, stock up on Wii stuff then fly back a couple of hours later.

Assuming you wanted the Wii + a spare controler ('mote + 'chuck) + 3 games then you'd save about £100 minus the price of the flights.

Had a quick look on some Norwegian airline website and flights to London from Oslo are about €100 so you'd be saving £35/425 Kroner per person and you get a little visit to london (about 6 hours lol).

Or fly to somewhere in Europe and you probably save even more :)

Germany. Flying to Germany should be the cheapest, and they have about the same prices as England. Also, it's shorter. :heh:

That, my dear friend, is not true. And besides, if we are so rich, why are we complaining about the price?

haha I wasn't being serious ;). But, seriously now, doesn't Norway have an amazing social security scheme?

Bit off topic I know...