Just got some info from Nintendo.

Now this is just plain stupid

Wii. 2590,- $370

Wiimote 499,- $72

Nunchuck 299.- $43

Games 599,- $86

>_<

Woohoo.

Unsurprising, really. When have we ever had good prices? That is bitch expensive for the Wiimote&Nunchuck though..

Just got some info from Nintendo.

Now this is just plain stupid

Wii. 2590,- $370

Wiimote 499,- $72

Nunchuck 299.- $43

Games 599,- $86

>_<

What's this in English??

Wii: £211

Wiimote: £40

Nunchuck: £24

Games: £49

Approximately.

Crikey!!! That's steep!!! :o

It's due to the 25% tax on basically everything in Norway. So here everything's 25% more expensive than everywhere else.

It sucks so bad. And then these british people go and complain about their £170.. Makes me want to punch someone.

It's due to the 25% tax on basically everything in Norway. So here everything's 25% more expensive than everywhere else.

It sucks so bad. And then these british people go and complain about their £170.. Makes me want to punch someone.

Tax in the UK is 17.5%, so that's only a 7.5% difference in tax rates. However, let's work that out, see if there's any mark-up beyond that happening:

GB£179 - 17.5%VAT = GB£152.34 + 25%TAX = GB£190.43

Seems like someone is marking up the price, somewhere, from what the base price should be. If I were you, I'd definitely complain.

are you not part of the euro? tut tut. if norway had the euro they would be fine.

says the english anti-euro campaigner

unlucky, ive never moaned about the £180 price point here, but if I was in norway i'd be moaning for sure. how much is a 360 in norway?

I think Bergsala is ripping off sweden and norway. I remember when they were the ditributor in here, new games cost from 57£-67£ and for example N64 cost somewhere around 330£ when new. I just checked it's going to be around 200£ in sweden also.

I'm just glad I can get it for ~180£ and games for ~40£.

Tax in the UK is 17.5%, so that's only a 7.5% difference in tax rates. However, let's work that out, see if there's any mark-up beyond that happening:

GB£179 - 17.5%VAT = GB£152.34 + 25%TAX = GB£190.43

Seems like someone is marking up the price, somewhere, from what the base price should be. If I were you, I'd definitely complain.

Good work, man.

But yeah, ouch. Now THATS a high price. What exactly is Bergsala, though?

norways not part of europe so you have to pay import tax i guess. But then i guess you got most the oil in the world

Good work, man.

Bergsala is the distributor for Nintendo in Norway. I wonder if game will buy from them whith those prices.

In Norway a 360 CORE cost 2390,- $342

And a Premuin cost 3390,- $485

Good work, man.

It's the official supplier of Nintendo products in Norway, Sweden, Denmark (Iceland?) They localise the game manuals + health warning papers. And it's needed because technically we're (scandinavia, Iceland and Finland) not part of NOE.

I never moaned about the price either. But man this is bad. Can't you just import UK ones?

Then we would have to pay 17% tax + 25% + shipping and we have to pay for them to charge us 25% more :|

Emm.. Maybe not. I don't think we have to pay for the UK tax.

Bergsala also supplies Denmark with Nintendo products, by the way :smile:

This gives a good indication of what the price will be in Denmark. So a Wii will probably be 2299 here, because 100 norwegian kroner are 90 danish kroner (approximately). An Xbox 360 Core is 2399 here in Denmark by the way, and I can't imagine the Wii costing more.

So a Wii will probably be 2299 here, because 100 norwegian kroner are 90 danish kroner (approximately). An Xbox 360 Core is 2399 here in Denmark by the way, and I can't imagine the Wii costing more.

Well a Wii costs more than a 360 Core in Norway >_<

Actually, hold up, why have you only just been given the prices now? That seems a bit strange to me, especially when most of us knew the UK price about a month or so ago.