NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dolphin

Wii

Hi,

For many years I played videogames, and basicly only nintendo. The last few years I didn't played games anymore. Now I play again and have decided to buy a nintendo wii. But I don' t know much about it. Since you know all about it I have a few question.

What kind of memory card do they use. I heard that they use SD. So kan I buy any SD card in teh market or only teh one from nintendo?

Online, and I heard its free. Is that true? And how does it work? Can I play for free and at any time monkey ball blits against somebody in Japan?

Can I plpay dvd's on it?

Are teh disk dvds or those tiny ones like the cube.

Can I play gamecube games on it and can I use gamecube controllers?

Oh yeah and the wii controller. Why are their two different controllers. Can't we use the mote for all games?

OK well that was basicly it. If you knowsome other feutures that the wii has tell me. And which games are you going to buy when its released?

You can use any sd cards (I think up to 1gig?) But you shoudl be fine for a while as the Wii has 500mb of flash memory built in.

The online service is free. But only in Japan that it is online from launch. None of the launch games are online at launch in Europe or America.

No but it has been rumoured that nintendo are bringing the dvd attachment out for Japan.

Dvd sized discs.

Yes and Yes.

The wii-mote you can use for all wii games but the nunchuk is an add on to make games like zelda and metroid more easier.

You can use any sd cards (I think up to 1gig?) But you shoudl be fine for a while as the Wii has 500mb of flash memory built in.

Do you mean to say that you won't be able to use SD cards bigger than 1GB with it, and if so, why not?

Do you mean to say that you won't be able to use SD cards bigger than 1GB with it, and if so, why not?

Hey guys this guy has obviously came here for help how does he know there is already threads about it?

Anyway to you Rummy I don't know but I heard someone say sd cards over 1gig won't worl. But I suppose we needs official info about this before we concrete it.

God guys these are new people to the forums. And stop being ignorent **** saying IN BEFORE LOCK.

Hope this helped guys :D

Thanks, I am new and didn't realise there was another thread about it, and this thing about the SD cards is news to me, I'm glad you told me because I was planning on getting a big SD card and using it for the life of the system, I'll probably get smaller ones instead now though.

Sorry about not looking around, bit overwhelmed by the amount of activity on here, although the in before lock thing did make me wonder, don't you guys count that as SPAM here?

Yeh some people *looks up at emasher* count this as spam. But it isn't its worthy questions.

Hey I'm not sure about the whole sd thing but I'm sure I heard it somewhere......

And welcome to the forums :D yes alot of activity here, especially on the Wii and general boards. Quite insane here really :D But thats why I love it!

Sorry about not looking around, bit overwhelmed by the amount of activity on here, although the in before lock thing did make me wonder, don't you guys count that as SPAM here?

We sure do. I've just deleted those posts.

And yes, welcome. :)

About the SD cards: As far as i know, nothing has been confirmed. Although, much has been said. Hmm. Give us confirmation, dammit!

Wikipedia has a lot of up to date info on the Wii (more so than the stickied thread). Also if you plan on getting one before xmas you better hurry up and pre-order! Hope that helps.

If only we could get confirmation of the SD cards and if we can use a hard-drive.There is still a lack of knowledge but we'll find out a week on sunday (Damn you lucky people)

What are the chances of SD cards going up when the wii comes out? I imagine they're kind of slim given that alot of stuff use them already, but I'm also thinking it's still possible they might go up. I've seen play.com have a 1gig maxell one for like £15, but I'm also weary about any compatibility issues. Are there any known issues about SD cards with Wiis? Like will only certain ones work or anything, I don't imagine theres been much chance for it to be tested by people yet. I just don't wanna buy an SD card then find out I can't use it, because I have nothing else that uses them.

Wikipedia has a lot of up to date info on the Wii (more so than the stickied thread). Also if you plan on getting one before xmas you better hurry up and pre-order! Hope that helps.

Or just go to Tesco at night on the 7th/8th December. Im certain they'll get launch stock and as they dont take preorders its first come, first served!

Even better, i can kill the hours leading up to launch by going to the pub across the road :grin:

What are the chances of SD cards going up when the wii comes out? I imagine they're kind of slim given that alot of stuff use them already, but I'm also thinking it's still possible they might go up. I've seen play.com have a 1gig maxell one for like £15, but I'm also weary about any compatibility issues. Are there any known issues about SD cards with Wiis? Like will only certain ones work or anything, I don't imagine theres been much chance for it to be tested by people yet. I just don't wanna buy an SD card then find out I can't use it, because I have nothing else that uses them.

Im sure big SD cards will work fine, but your better waiting. They go down in price all the time and 4GB and 8GB cards are on their way (not sure where theyve gotten to, release was supposed to be Q2/Q3 06?)

Best place to buy SD cards -----> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/search/index.html?rb=22964255380&strSearch=&intSubcatUID=446&bolShowAll=true

More Info on Secure Digital Cards -----> http://www.sdcard.org/sd_memorycard/index.html

And the Wiki -----> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital_card

Sign in to follow this