NEurope
SimbaK2K

Play.com - Cancellations and Confirmations

confirmation email recieved Friday, September 15, 2006 2:02 PM

I preordered on the 15th, but apparently wasn't quick enough. Damn it! Just done a backup order with GAME, and I'm gunna try and get one from Amazon.

I preordered mine from play originally, but cancelled it ages ago and preordered on at work, (even though thats not definite i'll get one) im glad i wasn't relying on play though after this, i ordered mine mid afternoon on the day they started taking them.

Hey, it might be worth people's while preordering from dabs.com . I didn't expect them to have them, and I use dabs all the time so I doubt most people have looked there, but I've just ordered another backup from them. Thats 3 Wiis on order now... Hopefully I'll get one on launch.

Least i've read there's a confirmation e-mail aswell,everything i've read about play is that people didn't get one.Congrats to the people that did.

Do you reckon Gameplay will be a good place to pre order? When do they normally email? Obviously I'm not going to get an exact date, but just wondered if anyone had pre ordered from there before.

oh thanks it was in my junk mail folder ... MWHAHAHA thats two wiis CONFIRMED for me!

Dear Customer,

We can confirm, despite a European shortage of the Nintendo Wii consoles, that

Play.com should be able to supply your pre-ordered Nintendo Wii at launch.

If you no longer wish to keep your pre-order with Play.com please login to your

account and remove the item from your Outstanding Orders.

Kind Regards

PLAY.COM

I'll buy one off you.

By the way, how long after it became available did you order?

Remember people, Amazon.co.uk have yet to take pre-orders...

Blender, you bastard.. If one of your preorders are with GAME, cancel that one, as I've preordered with Spiderman, which is being supplied by GAME. :heh:

Adds a 0.0001% chance for me!

my pre-orders were with play and hmv.co.uk . Think I got in within 30 minutes of the offers opening for both. Just goes to show what a complete nerd I am surfing computer games forums all day ;)

I wouldn't worry too much. Just scout out your local area for launch day. Argos ring and reserve FTW.

Well, I've got my preorder with Spiderman and I'm #40 there. They thought they'd get more than that but obviously as GAME got less units they're probably cutting them down, and they don't know how many they're getting (though they might get that many).

So then I went and preordered with Spaceworld as well a few weeks ago. The guy there seemed more optimistic, but didn't know how many they were getting either. If I can't get one at either I'm gonna go around town/the huge mall outside of town with like 5 game-carrying stores until I find one. I'm taking the day off school, too, so I'll be out early. I refuse to sit home on launch day without a Wii.

I'm taking the day off school, too, so I'll be out early. I refuse to sit home on launch day without a Wii.

I may do the same. I've told a lot of my friends already (common response "Wtf thats gay") so they will think "Hmm..., he must be ill, he wouldn't be skiving to play on a new console he hasn't got."

I'm gonna try and get on the amazon list asap.

I tell you what would be uber-cool: if I won ONM's competition...:indeed:

Just chatted with a Dabs.com rep, here's what she said:

Rachel : Good afternoon, how may we help you?

Stephen Allred: Hi, do you know whether you are getting any Nintendo Wii's on launch? quicklinx: 4B62WS

Rachel : we have 50 on order but we have not got the delivery date as yet. This means it could be tomorrow it may be next week or later, once we have a exopected delivery date we will update our website

Stephen Allred: Ok, can I check whether I'm one of the first 50 to order?

Rachel : 18 people have already ordered this item

Stephen Allred: Ok, many thanks.

Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

Any of you wondered, where you're placing masses of pre-orders everywhere you can, you might be the reason why there's talk of a shortage of systems at launch?

Any of you wondered, where you're placing masses of pre-orders everywhere you can, you might be the reason why there's talk of a shortage of systems at launch?

You. Are. Right. Everyone is talking about three pre-orders, wich means the amount divided by three would give the real preorders... I've only got one, though. And I got mine at launch. Real Ninty fans have placed their pre-order months ago. Two, to be precise...

OK, I wasn't going to pre-order at all, but I'm getting slightly concerned now. If I order one for delivery from Argos is that actually guaranteed? Or could I get an email on launch day saying "Sorry, we will ship when we get stock in space year 2007"

Just chatted with a Dabs.com rep, here's what she said:

Rachel : Good afternoon, how may we help you?

Stephen Allred: Hi, do you know whether you are getting any Nintendo Wii's on launch? quicklinx: 4B62WS

Rachel : we have 50 on order but we have not got the delivery date as yet. This means it could be tomorrow it may be next week or later, once we have a exopected delivery date we will update our website

Stephen Allred: Ok, can I check whether I'm one of the first 50 to order?

Rachel : 18 people have already ordered this item

Stephen Allred: Ok, many thanks.

Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

Only 18? I'm ordering from them now.

Better get one...

Ordered!

Hope this works.

I had only one, but then I was told there was a shortage and I might not get one. Then I got another preorder at another local shop, but seeing as I didn't want to sit at home punching myself for not ordering one sooner on launch day; I got a third preorder at an online store.

You're probably right though, but it's whoever ordered several before people started thinking there'd be a shortage who are to blame, not the ones who ordered several after they heard it. The shortage is probably slightly blown out of proportion due to it though.

I'm staying of school aswell,my parents even let me.Also i've started getting snacks in for the launch.

All I need is some drinks and i'm set.

Also i've started getting snacks in for the launch.

Nice list (that's no longer there for some reason). I may have to steal it.

Skiving off school? Kids today... :indeed:

I've got exams that day - so staying out of school is not an option. At least, as long as the doctor doesn't co-operate. But I'll only have two required hours of school, and two optional; then we're of to 'studie'. Yeah, studie. On a friday. Still a month to go... One full month untill Zelda. Sob.

You. Are. Right. Everyone is talking about three pre-orders, wich means the amount divided by three would give the real preorders... I've only got one, though. And I got mine at launch. Real Ninty fans have placed their pre-order months ago. Two, to be precise...

I preordered within an hour at the first place that offered preorders (play.com) on the 15th of Sep but I wasn't apparently quick enough... Not funny. If I'd know I would have ordered from my local Game when they started taking preorders.

stephanallred, how do I/can you find out how many dabs.com now have pre-ordered?

Go to Dabs website during working hours and click my account, and then the chat to a representative button and ask them. Or you could use dabs.com/contact.aspx?rs=1

I'm feeling kind of worried now that I don't actually have a pre order yet... I thought supply was excellent.