NEurope
SimbaK2K

Play.com - Cancellations and Confirmations

Anyone had any confirmations for wii preorders from play.com? I ordered pretty much the same day preorders began but have just received the following email saying they won't be able to fulfill my preorder for launch:

Due to a European shortage of the Nintendo Wii Consoles, we regret to inform you that Play.com will be unable to supply your pre-ordered Nintendo Wii at launch. As an Official distributor of Nintendo products we are guaranteed more stock before Christmas, but Nintendo have informed us, along with all other official Nintendo retailers, that the console will not be freely available until next year.

All pre-orders will be fulfilled on a first come, first served basis and we will fulfil your order as soon as we can.

If you no longer wish to keep your pre-order with Play.com please login to your account and remove the item from your Outstanding Orders.

Gutted. Still I also preordered from GAME and this has been confirmed but still, I'm shocked as I preorder pretty much straight away. Anyone had any other responses?

It could of gone under there I agree, but I wanted people who specifically ordered at play to notice. I certainly wouldn't of noticed the game thread yesterday if it was in within the preorder post.

But you fail to consider that.. if it is applicable to them then they will get an e.mail and read it at their own accord.

I'm shocked as I preorder pretty much straight away.

Weren't Play the first to sell the Wii online? In which case, I can well imagine hundreds of people ordering it on Day One.

Well i seem to remeber Play.com saying that they took over 500 orders in there first hour... ill see if i can find out where i read that.

But there is no discussion.. it was innevitable that before stock allocations were announced web preorders would outweigh supply.

It is merely a case of did you get a pre-order?

Yes- no worries

No- try again elsewhere.

Weren't Play the first to sell the Wii online? In which case, I can well imagine hundreds of people ordering it on Day One.

They were indeed. And didn't require a deposit which probably didn't help. Just can't understand why they waited till now to let everyone know! Most places are sold out of their first batch including, game, gamestation, choicesuk, virgin and a few others just in my city alone.

That sucks for some people. They ordered on the day they started taking preorders but still cant get one. Wii did manage to break all of Play.coms preorder records anyway.

I hope PC World dont fail me now..

Try Woolies, I ordered my 360 this time last year (12th November I think) and they got a premium one out to me on launch day.

I've just got this too and I'm fucking mad. I just pre-ordered it at Game's website, but if Play.com don't have it how will Game?

Argh.

Guys, Argos are guaranteeing you a console if you preorder with them. Why worry over a new GAME preorder when you can get one from Argos.

Your loss i suppose!

theres no confirmation email though?

so do i assume i am getting one

Ermm thats not true... some guy over at Gamesradar has posted the Email he got from Play.com saying that he will be getting one at launch!

oh thanks it was in my junk mail folder ... MWHAHAHA thats two wiis CONFIRMED for me!

Dear Customer,

We can confirm, despite a European shortage of the Nintendo Wii consoles, that

Play.com should be able to supply your pre-ordered Nintendo Wii at launch.

If you no longer wish to keep your pre-order with Play.com please login to your

account and remove the item from your Outstanding Orders.

Kind Regards

PLAY.COM

Guys, Argos are guaranteeing you a console if you preorder with them. Why worry over a new GAME preorder when you can get one from Argos.

Your loss i suppose!

I've put an order in at Argos now too. We'll see who gets it to me quicker.

oh thanks it was in my junk mail folder ... MWHAHAHA thats two wiis CONFIRMED for me!

/me is amazed in this day and age such an important e.mail can get placed in the spam filter.

I would suggest changing supplier/application.

There was a post made at another forum last night that stated play.com were only getting 300 consoles at launch (7000+ preorders!). It was posted after a discussion with one of the play staff over the phone. Apparently Play.com contacted the forum admins and asked them to remove the post as it named the member of staff.

So I'm guessing they have started to email people as a result of this apparent leak, maybe?

I got the email. Im a little pissed, as I ordered on the day they started them, at 10 in the morning. They could have told me earlier so I could preorder elsewhere. Just got to hope I can get one from Amazon when they start theirs. If not I'll try some local retail parks in the morning on the Friday. I spose I can wait to Christmas anywho.

Can you check the date you preordered at play.com in the account section?

Cheers

Dear Customer,

We can confirm, despite a European shortage of the Nintendo Wii consoles, that

Play.com should be able to supply your pre-ordered Nintendo Wii at launch.

If you no longer wish to keep your pre-order with Play.com please login to your

account and remove the item from your Outstanding Orders.

Kind Regards

PLAY.COM

There was a post made at another forum last night that stated play.com were only getting 300 consoles at launch (7000+ preorders!). It was posted after a discussion with one of the play staff over the phone. Apparently Play.com contacted the forum admins and asked them to remove the post as it named the member of staff.

So I'm guessing they have started to email people as a result of this apparent leak, maybe?

Are you Coolit on AVForums? : peace: Im 'Kube' over there.

Can you check the date you preordered at play.com in the account section?

Cheers

confirmation email recieved Friday, September 15, 2006 2:02 PM