NEurope
Coolit

GAME Confirm Whos Getting A Launch Day Wii ! ! !

Ashley, can you say anything about the "Get 15% of a Wii when you trade in a GameCube" rumour?

At the moment in the pre-order packs you get (which are a bit shit), theirs a leaflet saying you can get an extra 15% for your gamecube when you trade that in.

has anyone who preordered the Wii from GAME online received an email stating weather or not they are getting one or not? I Preordered the Wii in the middle of October, abit of a worry, I would of Preordered much sooner than I did but I wasnt 100% sure id have the money until I preordered (which was when i was sure id have all of my money together)

Ha, so i was off sick today, and at 2 i go to GAMe to get my booklet thing.

I go in and ask for it, i was told they havnt got their's in yet, so i put my number down for them to phone me to say when they get it in.

So i play COD£ on the 360 pod while my mum went about. We went home. AS soo as i get home, we get a hpone call from GAME saying the things are in!!! I'm pissed. So we go back, this is about an hour later-ish. And i get it. Becuase i was angry both times i forgot to pre-order anythig else. :( grrr

Ha, so i was off sick today, and at 2 i go to GAMe to get my booklet thing.

I go in and ask for it, i was told they havnt got their's in yet, so i put my number down for them to phone me to say when they get it in.

So i play COD£ on the 360 pod while my mum went about. We went home. AS soo as i get home, we get a hpone call from GAME saying the things are in!!! I'm pissed. So we go back, this is about an hour later-ish. And i get it. Becuase i was angry both times i forgot to pre-order anythig else. :( grrr

and then you found it was a pile o' shite!!:grin:

and then you found it was a pile o' shite!!:grin:

Exactly. Nothing i already knew. Still it gorme out of the house......got me playing COD3 which i now need!

Popped in to game at lunchtime today - mad dash from work!

Pissing down with rain so soaked to the skin - Get into shop and place £60 on wii card - preorder zelda (no 3 in shop!) and pick up preorder pack.

Get back to work having had no lunch - open envelope and discover one crappy booklet with no new info no console bundles or anything remotely useful apart from the fact you can cash in your gamecube for £27 (no thanks).

What a bloody waste of time - thanks a lot Game!

:horse:

But what about people without letters!!!! Ashley I need to know!! :weep:

Ps. What the Hell does "maximise you attachment rates" mean???

It was a coporate email, attachment rates are basically add on sales

Ashley, can you say anything about the "Get 15% of a Wii when you trade in a GameCube" rumour?

Its true, and on all hardware when traded in.

Stole that list with the pricing of all the games and accessories and scanned it...on my computer. Will post later.

I pre-ordered about 3 hours after my store sent me a text message saying they were taking pre-orders and still have no letter confirming

The pre-order pack wasn't great but least it's something.At the end where you tick games to pre-order there's a few games missing on the list.

EDIT-Changed was to wasn't :heh:

GAMESTATION

Ok Flinky, this is for you (and others who ahve pre ordered at gamestation)

Now, there's a good chance this is only in my town, but im guessing the system works through all the shops. I went in, and asked the guy behind the counter if he knew their allocations. And his answer was:

"We don't know for sure yet, we just send them how many pre orders we have, and they'll give us what they see fit". They said they thought they were going to have loads, but are getting less than they expected.

He asked me what number i was, so i said 27, he said i should ahve no worries at all. It's once you get into the 50's and 60's that you should start worrying, so Flinky, im afraid that would mean you. I'd go to yours and check.

GAMESTATION

Ok Flinky, this is for you (and others who ahve pre ordered at gamestation)

Now, there's a good chance this is only in my town, but im guessing the system works through all the shops. I went in, and asked the guy behind the counter if he knew their allocations. And his answer was:

"We don't know for sure yet, we just send them how many pre orders we have, and they'll give us what they see fit". They said they thought they were going to have loads, but are getting less than they expected.

He asked me what number i was, so i said 27, he said i should ahve no worries at all. It's once you get into the 50's and 60's that you should start worrying, so Flinky, im afraid that would mean you. I'd go to yours and check.

Nooooo. :(

Hmm, how rubbish. I won't be able to go to my Gamestation at least until Tuesday, as i'm at home and not in Brighton.

That's definitely put a downer on things. :heh:

Anyway, cheers for finding that out.

Well I guess there's a good chance I'll be able to get one on launch.27 days if your going for midnight launch now,so close...

Ash, you're our dude on the inside... you reckon it'd be possible to have a look into that wired connection gizmo they're releasing? The USB alternative to the crappy dongle. I couldn't see it on the list and only just remembered it.

Thanks, any help or info would be appreciated.

If by gamecube they only mean the machine it would rock! I would like to keep the controller in such a case. But I won't see anything like that here.

Wahey! Been into GAME, and they said I'm guaranteed a Wii on launch day. I wasn't exactly snappy getting my preorder in, so I can only imagine how many units they're getting. I can sleep easy tonight now :D

The pre-order pack was great but least it's something.At the end where you tick games to pre-order there's a few games missing on the list.

Red Steel was one I had to look over the list twice to see it was missing from the list.

Yes at least Wii Play is £5 cheaper than other games, not the full £39.99.

Component cable is pretty cheap, however i dont know whether to get it, it would mean changing my 360 component cable with my Wii cable all the time when i want to play.

So much on those lists i want to get.

Ash, you're our dude on the inside... you reckon it'd be possible to have a look into that wired connection gizmo they're releasing? The USB alternative to the crappy dongle. I couldn't see it on the list and only just remembered it.

Thanks, any help or info would be appreciated.

Probably wont get it in til the 6th or something, by which time reviewers will have had it and thus we'll probably know. But if not remind me.

Red Steel was one I had to look over the list twice to see it was missing from the list.

Yes at least Wii Play is £5 cheaper than other games, not the full £39.99.

Component cable is pretty cheap, however i dont know whether to get it, it would mean changing my 360 component cable with my Wii cable all the time when i want to play.

So much on those lists i want to get.

you can buy a component switcher from play asis for about a tenner.

I'm surprised how cheap Wii Play is with the Wii-mote,I don't think i'll have to pre-order any games so that saves me going up to my GAME.

I might get one of those re-chargable batteries for the Wii-mote and I hope Tenkaichi 2 is out on the 15th or 22nd >.<

I got my leaflet thingy from GAME today. Apparently they will send the gift card through the post sooner or later, because my mum said we hadn't got it yet. I'm still annoyed, but slightly relieved.