NEurope
Coolit

GAME Confirm Whos Getting A Launch Day Wii ! ! !

Hello N-Europe, I'm new here!

I'm currently crying myself to sleep, as I haven't got a confirmation letter or anything from GAME yet. I must have pre-ordered about a week or two after they started taking them, so I can't have been that far down the line. Reckon it's worth giving them a ring and finding out where I am? A friend of mine has got a letter from them already, and he used the GAME about 5 minutes down the street.

Is there any way to find out how many Wii units a store is getting, perhaps?

If you go in or ring them you should be able to find out pretty easily. I haven't got a letter and I was 20th on the list. Someone who was in the 30-somethings has got theirs so it's obviously a bit hit-and-miss. As I posted earlier if your name/reward card/address were illegible (or they didn't take the details) they couldn't send a letter out but that doesn't mean you won't get one. Just head in and check. :smile:

Thanks for the welcome guys, this is a great site you've got here.

I'll give GAME a ring tomorrow, or maybe go in when I'm in town on Friday. I'm hoping against hope that I've got a place in the preorder line. Of course, knowing my luck the letter will turn up tomorrow. Thanks for your help so far!

I finally picked mine up from my folks. was disappointed when i couldn't find it, but I eventually did hidden under a load of junk. I'm so happy now.

I've noticed that on the GAME site there are preorder bundles. Noticed Zelda bundle for £119.99. Hope they have this in the store. They also had Zelda and Red Steel bundle for £159.99, but I can't see how you save anything extra on that.

Anticipation is reaching fever pitch, so much more excited than on the Cube launch.

I finally picked mine up from my folks. was disappointed when i couldn't find it, but I eventually did hidden under a load of junk. I'm so happy now.

I've noticed that on the GAME site there are preorder bundles. Noticed Zelda bundle for £119.99. Hope they have this in the store. They also had Zelda and Red Steel bundle for £159.99, but I can't see how you save anything extra on that.

Anticipation is reaching fever pitch, so much more excited than on the Cube launch.

You don't save anything on either of those bundles! Infact with the Zelda one you're actually paying more (only a penny admittedly) and the other one you're paying a whoping 2 pence more!

Edit: I gues you mean £259.99 for the Zelda and Red Steel one, other ways that is one bloody good deal!

Just seen Coolit's post saying he ordered in store, which worries me greatly as I ordered in store and they told me I was number 11 in the queue, but I never got anything through the post! I hope they haven't messed things up, because I pre-ordered mine before they got the proper pre-order books through.

(btw, I'm new here, so hello everyone!)

Hello, Rummy!

I've not had a letter just yet, but my place is 7 in the queue, so I'll be mightily offended if I don't get one at launch.

The thing that does bother me quite a bit is the expense of the bundles -traditionally the cost is reduced. But as this is a launch AND it's a pretty hot one, GAME can and will charge whatever they like.

just a note to anyone who pre-ordered with GAME (instore) that the wii pre-order packs with a dvd etc should be available instore on friday, well I hope they are, thats what I was told and I want one!:)

GAME are a horrible, terrible, corporate company and I quite dislike them, yet, not enough to not take my business there. I want the Wii asap, and so thought the best and most reliable way is a high street store, and I felt GAME would be best for doing it, but I'll probably buy further games online. I hate the company because I used to work for them, and maybe it's just because my manager was a ****, but it really made me despise the company after a while. They used to have everyone in the store on a part time contract of like 4 hours a week so that they wouldn't have to pay us more than 4 hours holiday money when we were off, even if people have been working 30 hours a week.

Anybody know for sure what this pre-order pack is,I want to know if it's worth it cause i'll need to rush up to my game from school at lunch time and dunno if it's worth the trouble or not.

I am getting a wii, but from gamestop. I waited in line for 6-hours on the pre-order day...I can't freaking wait.

HOLY CRAP..

I keep forgetting to pre-order mine and I fear it maybe to late..

I will be trying stores tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Still no letter. I'm going down on Saturday, showing them my preorder slip and asking for a pack, because I know that they'll get at least 15 consoles. Is there anything that I need to show from that confirmation letter or can I just show my preorder form.

Turns out the letter thing DID come, but it was in my sisters name as the reward card is still registered in her name, being the idiot she is she didnt think to tell or ask anyone about it. I feel more at ease now, I'll probably go down on the 10th to see what this pack is all about. The small print on 'Your preorder was successful! You will get your hands on a Nintendo Wii at launch*' says;

'*GAME cannot be held responsible for chanes in stock delivery dates or launch date however, you are guaranteed to recieve a Nintendo Wii from our launch deliveries'

Which to me implies to me I'll have one on launch! w00ties! I dunno what the little Wii Gift Card is all about though, seems like a regular gift card to me, which I don't think you earn store points on, so I won't be using it.

Samdecahedron, try going down to your store with your pre-order reciept on the 10th to see if they will let you have one. I think they only sent these little info packs out to reward card holders because otherwise they don't have complete postal details. To any reward card holders who haven't recieved a letter, it might be worth making sure your reward card address details are correct, sometimes they aren't put into the system correctly.

Still no letter. I'm going down on Saturday, showing them my preorder slip and asking for a pack, because I know that they'll get at least 15 consoles. Is there anything that I need to show from that confirmation letter or can I just show my preorder form.

Let me know how you get on... I'm 19th in one of Leicester's stores, pre-ordered on the 27th Sep. And still no letter... :weep:

Has anyone who ordered online from GAME got one of these letters?

I would also like to know this.

AND whether anyone who ordered in store in any of GAME's high street stores in Ireland got one of these GAME card thingys

My Mom just phoned me and I've received a letter too...didn't have a clue how because I didn't give them my address. Then i realised...my reward card...it has my address on it.

So yeah! Wii for me! :D Wiiiiiiiiii!!!!!

Guys, i've pre-ordered from Gamestation. I've never pre-ordered anything in my life. But, they have my address, phone number, email address, (oh- and name). So, this goes out to anyone who has pre-ordered from gamestation, or just anyone who knows about this stuff generally: Am i likely to hear from them prior to launch?

Has anyone who ordered online from GAME got one of these letters?

I quote from the leaflet type thing:

"Online customers will recieve an exclusive update or if you can't wait go to game.co.uk/wii"

So you will probably get an email.

Guys, i've pre-ordered from Gamestation. I've never pre-ordered anything in my life. But, they have my address, phone number, email address, (oh- and name). So, this goes out to anyone who has pre-ordered from gamestation, or just anyone who knows about this stuff generally: Am i likely to hear from them prior to launch?

I per ordered from them too, and i have heard nothing from them, and i don't know anyone else that has heard anything. Though im hoping they send letters out, because it would be good to have confirmation.

I per ordered from them too, and i have heard nothing from them, and i don't know anyone else that has heard anything. Though im hoping they send letters out, because it would be good to have confirmation.

By any chance, did they tell you what number you were on the list?

I'm just glad someone else from here pre-ordered from them, too. For a while, i thought i may have been the only one! Everyone seems to have opted for GAME. :hmm:

i still havent pre-ordered yet...if game refuse to give me a wii ill just buy from hmv, whsmith, gamestation, woolworths or something :)

I have a pre-order with GameStation and so does Moria and Zero.I have a pre-order from GAME purely as a back up.If I can get one from Gamestation then i'll cancel my pre-order.Midnight launch all the way!

Confirmation would be good soon...