NEurope
flameboy

Mario Party 8

They should have just called it 'Wii Party'. It just seems silly to call it mario party 8 because i know a lot of people who don't like any of the other mario partys so making ANOTHER sequel will instantly stop them from buying this.

It didn't stop the last 7 selling well...

i think i will purchase Mario Party 8, haven't played one since mario party 5 which was very enjoyable. This will hopefully utilise the wiimote in ways that have not already been done, it should be a lot of fun. :D

Really?

Gamespot - 6.5

IGN - 5.2

1up - 5.5

Yep i'm still buying it and looking forward to it.

too right. What was the last mario party that got a good review?

i dont know thats why i am asking

but i bet it was a few back but i have still played every one since 4.

They all get bad reviews because bar the first one which was original they all suck.

Well the only Mario Party I've played is Mario Party 1, so any comments about the formula and some mini-games getting old by now doesn't really apply!

I really enjoy mario party games. The reason the best player doesn't alway win. there is a huge element of luck in the game and it is simple for anyone to play.

My whole family play mario party and it is so much fun. people fight to play (large family and only 4 player max)

have you played previous mario party games? it is a vast improvement, but graphics aren't the focus.

The graphics actually look awful...
I don't think they are that bad!

Sure the Wii is capable of more, but it looks like a pretty nice Gamecube game would.

i think i will purchase Mario Party 8, haven't played one since mario party 5 which was very enjoyable. This will hopefully utilise the wiimote in ways that have not already been done, it should be a lot of fun. :D

Wow, someone else who's only played the 5th one! I have to say its great fun and it has a feel to it that i don't think any of the others could possibly have. Its strange because it feels slightly unfinished but sort of old nintendo style. Hard to explain.

Wow, someone else who's only played the 5th one! I have to say its great fun and it has a feel to it that i don't think any of the others could possibly have. Its strange because it feels slightly unfinished but sort of old nintendo style. Hard to explain.

I think the fifth one is great and has some Awesome mini games like

*checks manual*

Chimp Chase,leaf leap and dinger derby. Also the legendary minigame that is

PUSHY PENGUINS!!! :D

Mario Party 5 was pretty frustrating and luck based, I can't remember the other one I've tried but that was pretty poor too and even more frustrating. I loved the fourth for it's dungeon duo's mini game.

well i got the game today and i havent played sence mario party 2... Im not sure if i like the whole candy items.. I mean they add to the game but i wish it was harder to find them.. and the maps seem really really small...maybe i dont remember mario party to that well but i remember big maps..the one with the train comes to mind.. I think i rolled 3 times and went all the way around the map in 8.. Mini games are super fun IMO Ign is on crack for that one.. They are mini games they are not suppose to be deep someone should tell them that

I think the fifth one is great and has some Awesome mini games like

*checks manual*

Chimp Chase,leaf leap and dinger derby. Also the legendary minigame that is

PUSHY PENGUINS!!! :D

Leaf Leap was immense, Im really annoyed I sold the game now :cry:

i must've played it so many times because i kept wanting to beat my high score.