NEurope
flameboy

Mario Party 8

Indeed you are. Their neglection of the european market irritates me too.:mad:

People who don't let 'different' forumers, react 'differently' to 'different' things annoy me the most...:D

It's like a teacher coming into each thread and picking you up on everything and saying your opinions always wrong and you can't be yourself or talk freely. Actually nearly every thread on this forum has an argument in it.

NOE have improved since the god-awful release dates of Gamecube games, don't get me wrong, but with the Wii now doing outstandingly well in Europe, a market they nearly lost completely around 2 years ago, you would think Nintendo would release 'first-party games' much quicker and keep up the battle?

Third-Party Wii games are coming in thick and fast, which is good, but come on guys, alot of Wii owners are waiting for those big guns.

I understand releasing them nearer xmas is your best bet! But all four? Metroid, Smash, Mario Galaxy, Paper Mario?! and not forgetting the other big third-party games, it all seems to much.

To get through June-September we need a 'big' game, and that my friends is Paper Mario!

It better be a good game after all this.....:D

EDIT: Of course Mario Party 8 would be good too! ;)

That VIP interview on the NOE site made me chuckle. Mark Boyle, whose job it is to modify the US translation for the UK market, must have the simplest job in the world. "Yeah, some things are spelled differently in the UK, but I don't think that the Brits care about reading American spellings, so we'll just leave this all exactly the same."

I really can't see that much of an improvement in European release dates when compared to three or four years ago. Things are still taking forever to come out over here, and for some games, there's really no excuse, like Metroid Prime Pinball. I haven't bought a UK version of a DS game since New Super Mario Bros. I just wonder how many sales NoE has lost to NoA because of people not wanting to wait.

NOE have improved since the god-awful release dates of Gamecube games, don't get me wrong, but with the Wii now doing outstandingly well in Europe, a market they nearly lost completely around 2 years ago, you would think Nintendo would release 'first-party games' much quicker and keep up the battle?

Curren focus is obviously on DS games (just look Q2 release list), because Nintendo is finally on position where it can take control of Germany, Spain, French and Italy. DS is dominating charts on those regions, and it just needs few good titles to solidify this position. In addition that incredible DS sales will also improve Wii's imago*, it will wear competition down. Money that customers use to DS games is mostly away from Sony and Microsoft, and will support eventual Wii domination. :)

* Console from makers of DS.

I think ShadowV7 already said this earlier, but Nintendo have today confirmed that Mario Party 8 is out June 22nd 2007 in Europe!

One Nintendo game a month it seems? Not bad, not bad at all...keep it up. :D

I think that the Party series got really stale on the Cube but with the Wiimote coming into play with this edition it could be just what the series needs to make it fresh again.

I think that the Party series got really stale on the Cube but with the Wiimote coming into play with this edition it could be just what the series needs to make it fresh again.

Yeah, thats why i'm pretty excited about this. Also it looks much better graphically as well, which is always nice.

Lets hope it really uses the wii-mote to full advantage, it shouldnt be hard too.

as it is a first party title i think the wiimote will be used brilliantly. i cant wait for this game to be honest.

You gotta love Boo's cackle when he earns a star on MP

mp8wd7.jpg

as someone mentioned, the visuals have improved considerably.

I'm actually looking forward to this game, but i reckon by the time we get to Mario Party 12 I might get bored of it.

I wish they called it 'Wii party' tbh, would make it seem less like they're milking the franchise imo...I mean come on, mario party 8!!!

The biggest disappointment with this is that it's not on-line. Nintendo will no doubt make no9 the online one so we all rush out and buy it again. Would be brilliant with online cos you could co-op the main game and always find people to play against. The biggest let-down for Mario Party is playin it on your own.

They should definately not have called it Mario Party 8 because no matter how good the game is with a title like that it will always feel stale.

They should have given it a name with more alliteration like

Mario Party: Minigame Madness.

However despite the name, this game looks quite good I missed out on 6 and 7 and the wiimote could be used in some nice ways.

Although there is a severe lack in an online mode which would've

been great for this game.

They should have given it a name with more alliteration like

Mario Party: Minigame Madness.

Or something simple like Super Mario Party.

Or something simple like Super Mario Party.

super mario party will be the online one. otherwise its not super.

This is one of the few games I don't need a real online mode. After all it is a party game - that means a lot of people sitting in front of the same TV drink, eat and have fun playing a game.

Can't imagine playing Mario Party different than that or worse alone with some guys over the internet.

mario party doesn't doesn't seem like the type of game that should be on-line? it's long and well...long.. i don't know really

so do we have a release date for it in the UK?

June 22nd 2007! :grin:

Miis unleashed in Mazza Party 8

While we all pretty much know what to expect from a Mario Party game, the eighth installment will bring a new mode with it. The “Extras Zone†will have eight minigames, four of which have to be unlocked. The four we know of are a Wii Sports bowling clone, a Wii Play table tennis clone, a racing game, and a “variety pack†that offers up puzzles. This mode allows you to play as your Miis instead of Mario Party characters.

The graphics looks good in this. that's all i will say for it. i still think it's going to be average like the rest . The best one was the third one(the last n64 game i believe)

i have played and loved every mario party on the cube. i cant wait for this one.

Miis unleashed in Mazza Party 8

Well a little extra like that, can't be a bad thing....

Shame it's bowling...table tennis again etc.. but you never know they could surpass Wii sports.

They should have just called it 'Wii Party'. It just seems silly to call it mario party 8 because i know a lot of people who don't like any of the other mario partys so making ANOTHER sequel will instantly stop them from buying this.

They should have just called it 'Wii Party'. It just seems silly to call it mario party 8 because i know a lot of people who don't like any of the other mario partys so making ANOTHER sequel will instantly stop them from buying this.

You know. That's a damn good point.

After all those follow up games with repetitive minigames, maybe now people will dismiss mario party 8, despite it probably being far more fun than the others.

They should change the name.