NEurope
flameboy

Mario Party 8

is the game really good becouse i dont know if i want to buy it.

If you have alot of friends over or play with family members often, then yes.

I played a game just against the computer yesterday and won't be ever again, they cheat like mad.

Still, the mini-games are good. :)

If you are on about the 1 player game then yeah I agree. They seem to get what they need at just the right time. Im on the Boo level at the moment but I cant stomach it because the level is too random and the computer is a cheating whore.

The computer is easy to beat imo.. they are dumb.. they buy stuff they dont need just to buy it.. its like they roll they move they do what they do not accounting for you at all.. the computer cheats :indeed: come on now.. best level in the game by far is koopa town... playing that 4 players is crazy

The computer is easy to beat imo.. they are dumb.. they buy stuff they dont need just to buy it.. its like they roll they move they do what they do not accounting for you at all.. the computer cheats :indeed: come on now.. best level in the game by far is koopa town... playing that 4 players is crazy

My computer opponents get exactly what they need on the dice almost everytime and always get the better candy and land on the coin spaces. :D

The only thing they can't beat me at are most of the mini-games, as i'm not too bad at em.

is the game really good becouse i dont know if i want to buy it.

If you've played Mario Party before and liked it, you'll love this one as long as you can live with the fact that the game seems a bit slow on the board parts (when playing with computers).

If you've played Mario Party before and liked it, you'll love this one as long as you can live with the fact that the game seems a bit slow on the board parts (when playing with computers).

Absolutely agree. A friend of mine got it, we were three people and one CPU. That game is so much waiting and unnecessary Wiimote controls I couldn't believe it (and my mates couldn't as well, we all sat there cursing it)

It's Mario's turn. Select (with the Wiimote) between dice, or items - three icons, why can't I select that with the D-Pad and A button as well? Then the usual dicing and watching them walk.

Now to the Minigames, you can't speed up the randomizer and there's always some badly hidden loading time before you get to the hints menu of the minigame and then again when you start it.

I was shocked as I haven't played any Mario Party since the very first one but I noticed no change except that it was slower and had worse minigames imo.

Absolutely agree. A friend of mine got it, we were three people and one CPU. That game is so much waiting and unnecessary Wiimote controls I couldn't believe it (and my mates couldn't as well, we all sat there cursing it)

It's Mario's turn. Select (with the Wiimote) between dice, or items - three icons, why can't I select that with the D-Pad and A button as well? Then the usual dicing and watching them walk.

Now to the Minigames, you can't speed up the randomizer and there's always some badly hidden loading time before you get to the hints menu of the minigame and then again when you start it.

I was shocked as I haven't played any Mario Party since the very first one but I noticed no change except that it was slower and had worse minigames imo.

Why the fuck would you want to use the D-Pad?!...Unless of course you have Parkinsons...

It's really not slower than previous Mario Parties, especially with the computer and shops...I suggest people go back and play them.

Why the fuck would you want to use the D-Pad?!...Unless of course you have Parkinsons...

It's really not slower than previous Mario Parties, especially with the computer and shops...I suggest people go back and play them.

Don't make jokes 'bout things like parkinsons.

Anyways, I''ve still not played this, the last marop party game I played was mario party 4, is it worth me getting this?

Don't make jokes 'bout things like parkinsons.

I wasn't joking...

Edit: And even if I was, I think 'joking' about disorders may be allowed in a Mario Party 8 thread ;)

...I wasn't joking anyway...:wtf:

Anyway, yes, get it if you have friends.

I wasn't joking...

And yes, get it if you have friends.

You weren't? Ok, my bad.

Hmm, not too sure if many of my mates would fancy playing this, is the single player at all worth it?

I haven't played it 1P yet so I can't tell you.

I've had better "no friends round" things to play :) *coughCoD3cough*

or because I'm lazy. Why do I have to aim the wiimote at the TV only to select between three buttons?

I don't find it very practicable when almost anything else in the game can be controlled with motion sensors alone and not pointing at the screen.

I mean when I sit with a few friends on the sofa, not really an optimized area for the Wiimote pointer, it's quite a bit of a hassle to point at the screen especially when you're not used to the sensor bar's location.

Pointing all the time nacks my wrist. (And in Wii games)!

I'm suprised Mario Party hasn't been released on the VC yet.

OH!...

It's because Nintendo probably know that Mario Party 1 and 2 have yet to be bettered!

It's because Nintendo probably know that Mario Party 1 and 2 have yet to be bettered!

Well said, although I did like 3 aswell. I said this earlier in the thread all the N64 Mario Party games destroy the ones that came after them.

Also, I wouldnt recommend this game if you want to play it on single player only, it really is tailored for multiplayer gaming and even then its still struggle to play it.

3 had that paper mario vibe to it, no? Although MORE was added, it wasn't too bad I guess. One and Two were something special with a group of beer swilling friends.

Online would be the best way forward for the franchise (or making it More Mii focused too). but I can't se Nintendo changing it. It's still selling.

I have been meaning to ask this for ages but kept on forgetting. When playing Party Mode and it comes around for a mini game, when loading up does the Wii sound loud as if its struggling? Just want to know if my Wii is knacking up thats all.

Got this today. Never played a mario party game before. Wasnt sure what to expect but i really wanted a new game to play. Only played 1p so far and i like it. I can imagine though that it will be much better though as a muliplayer game. Just the sort of game the mrs will play to so i can play Wii all night headache free :)

Mario Party won't be on the VC, it got alot of law suits from the spinning the analogue stick minigames which blistered your hands.

2 and 3 will go on it though, I hope.

Mario Party won't be on the VC, it got alot of law suits from the spinning the analogue stick minigames which blistered your hands.

That hurt like crap, messed up my right hand.

I think we will see them all...They can't really put Mario Party 2 and 3 without Mario Party 1..Well, they COULD. But it would seem out of place. Maybe a warning would just cover this rotating analogue problem. Maybe with the analogue on the Classic Controller and GC pads being smoother and shorter than the N64's, this may not be as big a problem. I never experienced any hurt. But my thumbs are piano/guitar hardened. Who knows?! Nintendo 1st party games on the N64 were hardly by the millions...They need all the N64 games they can get on VC.

That's bollocks....So Dragonball 2 Wii's gonna get lawsuited too?!...and what about button bashing; that fucks ur fingers/hands up too.

Baka

Just got this game today. Even though i was only able to play with 2 players (not a single wiimote was on sale in my hometown) it was a blast. It still looks like a GC-game, but compared to MP4-6 there's a definite upgrade. So far, I haven't come across a single game where the control scheme felt awkward, the steering games sometimes had the wrong description (tilt vs wheel simulation), but aside from that it felt fine & responsive.

The real improvement is in the game boards though. The DK-one is a classic mario party board, but others like the koopa hotel one really makes the board game more than a smoking break inbetween mini-games.

The randomness doesn't bother me either, it's alot like poker: When you suck at it, you can still win. When you're good at it you can still lose, though you DO increase your chance at winning.

I'd recommend this game to anyone who ever enjoyed a mario party!