NEurope
flameboy

Mario Party 8

well i got the game today and i havent played sence mario party 2... Im not sure if i like the whole candy items.. I mean they add to the game but i wish it was harder to find them.. and the maps seem really really small...maybe i dont remember mario party to that well but i remember big maps..the one with the train comes to mind.. I think i rolled 3 times and went all the way around the map in 8.. Mini games are super fun IMO Ign is on crack for that one.. They are mini games they are not suppose to be deep someone should tell them that

How have you got it already? import?

How have you got it already? import?

It's been on the net for a couple of days now...

really? i ordered mine from play.com can you link where you got yours from?

really? i ordered mine from play.com can you link where you got yours from?

I think his from the USA? or has an import wii?

You've got a UK Wii right? If so, it's 22nd June sadly. :wink:

so i played more of it today and i have to say its really fun.. Single player is only good the first time threw i think.. They did have this one game in single player that had u buying hotels instead of just landing on the star spot and u bid on the buildings witch i thought was really cool.. I dont know if thats new to the game cause i havent played any more party after 2 for n64 and that didnt have it but yeah.. pocket bike mini game has to be the funnist.. There are 50 mario charters raceing all at one time and it played really good...i loved it good stuff

Oh man you are soooooo lucky i really want this game my Wii is starting to gather dust, DUST i tell you.

Oh man you are soooooo lucky i really want this game my Wii is starting to gather dust, DUST i tell you.

Dust it then dude! :heh::)

Can someone clear this up for me, did this get delayed or what? I have just checked ebay and there are people selling PAL version on there!

Can someone clear this up for me, did this get delayed or what? I have just checked ebay and there are people selling PAL version on there!

The UK version got delayed til July 13th or something. Its out in the rest of Europe.

Out everywhere but UK. Some places in the UK are selling it, though.

I am tempted by this, as I have longingly tried to find a Mario Party to match up to the standards of the original(MP4 didn't really cut it). I got an email and checked out the site, watched some trailers, however that really annoyed me. I hadn't actually realised, but it seems Nintendo are still totally faking up those people playing kind of adverts, as two different trailers had exactly the same game footage in them. I dunno why, but it annoys me.

I was very optomistic about this game but after reading Ngamers review of it i'm a little unsure now. I was hoping that with the wii mote they could of made this game feel new and fresh but the impression i have got from the review it has not done this........

I won this off ebay yesterday so I should get it sometime this week, I will post impressions when it arrives.

Well my friend got SPM and this game with his wii, and it's typical Mario Party!

If you like the others your going to love this. The boards are much more fun, (played about two of them) and it's again quicker overall so you get to the mini-games quicker which has been a right laugh so far.

I like the way you go up with the wii-mote as though your punching the air to hit your dice. very good.

It's literally the same as the others but the mini-games are much better because of the wii-mote. Again, i can see it being quite dull on your own, so it's 2 or more players all the way.

The reviews have been a tad harsh on first impressions. I would say 70%+.

You'll love it Mike-Zim, i'm sure.

Sweet cant wait. this is my most anticipated game this year so far. SAD i know.

Well post came and the game still hasnt arrived, stupid floods and postal strikes! At this rate I might aswell waited for the proper release date to arrive!

Mario™ and his pals have plenty to party about: Mario Party® 8 has become the all-time fastest-selling title in Nintendo’s popular Mario Party series. As the first Mario Party game created exclusively for Wii™, this new installment has sold more than 550,000 copies in the United States during the weeks following its May 29 launch.

Enlivening Mario Party’s fun-filled formula with a carnival theme, the latest version of this virtual board game allows players to use the Wii Remote’s unique motion controls while navigating new boards, meeting new characters and going head-to-head in new minigames. Kids and adults can easily pick it up and start playing together.

“The overwhelming response not only reminds us how much fans absolutely love the Mario Party franchise but also proves the unmatched ability of the Wii system to attract new players,” says George Harrison, Nintendo of America’s senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. “Wii users are keeping the Mario Party going strong.”

So, Mario Party 9 pretty much confirmed for 2008. Will be another re-hash with nothing major added.

lol that'll do me just fine. hopefully they will just add an online mode.

550,000 copies...WTF! Dear god, I can't believe it. Consumers are dumb.

I don't think it's as bad as they say but obviously they could of done a whole lot better, a longer delay till October would of done it some good.