NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Marshmellow

Wii or Zune?

Well for most of you this is a really silly obvious question but should I get the Wii or Zune? My parents said they would buy me one for my B-day so which one should I have them order? Imma get them both eventually but which one do you think I should get right now. I was thinking I know Zune will be easy to get but for the Wii I'm having trouble finding a place to order it... Well which one do you think I should get?

Thanks!

*I'm not sure where this would go so if it needs to be moved go right ahead.*

its microsofts answer to the ipod..basicly...i going to go againt everyone eles and say if ur going to get both anyways go for the zune frist...chances are the wii will have a price drop sooner or later and it might save u some money...for sure game prices will go down for older games so u will also be albe to get games most people are paying full price for at launch for a few bucks cheaper...

>_<

Wii first. Then a Zune. I don't really see a reason to hurry and buy a zune. I'm buying a Zune some time in january.

>_<

Wii first. Then a Zune. I don't really see a reason to hurry and buy a zune. I'm buying a Zune some time in january.

How many Ipods do you have already?

Im assuming the Zune is better than an iPod (Im anti iPod, so....) But why is the Zune so good anyway?

if it were me i'd just go for the wii, but really in the en its entirely up to you

Whats your ratio to home time compared to attending to duties outside the home? In that answer lies your answer. More home time, Wii as you can listen to music on PC with better sound quality than any MP3 player on the market courtesy of unparalled equaliser customisations and speaker configurations, if you go out a lot with school work committments, regular sex at other peoples houses or on the street etc than get a portable MP3 player such as Zune. But in your decision, you MUST take into account the amount of usage you predict that you'll get out of the product. You want to get maximum value for every hard earnt fiat money currency spent on whatever device you end up getting as a gift.

Wii just for the social aspects and Zelda and Monkey Ball and Red Steel and all the other great games.

Zune will receive loads of updates between now and march next year so you might be better off waiting for a couple months and or getting an iPod nano or a cheap MP3 player just to do you till all the Zunes bugs and stuff are sorted out. or else you may miss out on warioware, excite truck, mario galaxy and metrois prime 3-that would be just horrible!

Wii. Then a Creative MP3/MP4 player.

i prefer an iPod, unless you totally bum windows media player then an iPod is alot simplier and prettier and more straight forward to use. my Zen Micro Photo died on me :( so i got a 30gb iPod Video :yay:

I would consider a Sony or a Creative MP3 player as Zune doesn't even have a UK release date set yet so theres problem number one. Don't even think of getting an IPOD they are no longer cool, the battery life is shite, they're over priced compared to competition and when it breaks the support you get will be terrible. I sent mine back twice and they sent it back to me in the same condition saying there was nothing wrong with it I then had to phone the 3rd time and tell them and the bloke said oh this happens a lot.

I would consider a Sony or a Creative MP3 player as Zune doesn't even have a UK release date set yet so theres problem number one. Don't even think of getting an IPOD they are no longer cool, the battery life is shite, they're over priced compared to competition and when it breaks the support you get will be terrible. I sent mine back twice and they sent it back to me in the same condition saying there was nothing wrong with it I then had to phone the 3rd time and tell them and the bloke said oh this happens a lot.

there is no perfect mp3 player-they all have dodgey battery life or shit customer service (includes creative). i'm waiting to see how the zune fairs but till then my ipod should last me for the next 9+ months.

Call me dumb, what's a zune and why have i not heard of it?

You are not alone.

I would make a witty comment about getting a Wii because Zune is such a crap name.. But then we all complained about the Wii's name at first.

YOU DON'T NEED ANY MORE GADGETS.

only technology I carry on my is my plastic disposable watch.

Get a Wii and leave it at that.. walking around with £300 worth of gadgets/mobile phones in your £100 jacket is asking to get mugged.

I hope the zune doesn't kill off toshiba's gigabeat series, but anyway the zune is a gigabeat in a different box. I personally you get a gigabeat S60 which will cost less since its a few months old, but still runs on windows mobile.

The iPod isnt that bad. The new one has 15 hours battery life, the nano has 25. Ive never had any bad customer service from Apple, when my iPod broke they came to my door, collected it, phoned me up the next day and said they couldnt fix it then sent me a new one! And they're hardly over priced, most shops have them the same price as players of comparable quality and capacity.

Anyway, thats not the topic. Its Zune or Wii. I'd go for the Zune, by the looks of it you have a 360 for gaming already! Wii will no doubt drop in price a bit by summer, and even if it doesnt some of the games will be cheaper.

Sign in to follow this