NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
system_error

King Kong Demo

I just wanted to let you know that the King Kong demo for PC is out - it is developed by Ubisoft and is the game for the upcoming cinema blockbuster King Kong directed by Peter Jackson.

You can get it from Gamershell.com and many other sites. It allows you to play 2 levels (one as a human and one as King Kong).

King Kong will be released for all major consoles including GC and the XBOX360.

PS. I hope this is the right forum

I've yet to get it, but want it. Theres something wrong with my wireless connection though recently and every so often it cuts out for a second(and downloads stop) so its hard to download demos successfully.

Just played it. that was FANTASTIC!!

I recommend everyone who can to get the demo asap! Its the most cinematic gaming experience I've ever...experienced. At times I felt I was watching a movie/it was a cut scene when actually I was meant to be in control. Stunning.

Edit by Jordan: Come on Stocka, don't Double Post ;)

At times I felt I was watching a movie/it was a cut scene when actually I was meant to be in control.

That happened to me 3 times! :D

It's certainly got very impressive presentation.

A word of advice to people though, don't click "play anyway" if the game tells you that your graphics card is not up to date like I did. I was beating the hell out of the dinos and then - Crash! :heh:

I think I'll get a new driver before playing it again.

King Kong bits = great. Shooting bits = Wtf? I had two clips of ammo and it used them in like 30 seconds. Also its rather easy to be eaten whole...

King Kong bits = great. Shooting bits = Wtf? I had two clips of ammo and it used them in like 30 seconds. Also its rather easy to be eaten whole...

Yeah, and the whole holding the space bar to use gun is ridiculous too. Hmm, perhaps 360 version will control better.

Yeah, and the whole holding the space bar to use gun is ridiculous too. Hmm, perhaps 360 version will control better.

I've been playing it with my Gamecube controller which makes things a little easier, although I still don't like how Kong moves.

I got the latest drivers for my graphics card too, wow! What a difference it makes, now there is loads of cool motion blur going on and it's much smoother. (I'm surprised it let me even play it before the update) Also there is a Ubisoft intro and an annoying P4 vid at the start that wasn’t there before. Very strange. :hmm:

I guess most people are more on the ball with this kind of shit than I am as I hadn't updated my drivers since I got my PC, a long time ago. But by the looks of things it really pays to stay up to date.

I have a specified update cycle - every few months I backup, format and reinstall.

King Kong is quite fun to play with. Shooting is crappy but thats because you are supposed to simply run away. The game is quite obviously a console port hence the rather annoying control scheme.

Sign in to follow this