NEurope
DiemetriX

Full Nintendo Wii European Launch Line Up

Edit: Hang on there's no Super Mario Bros in that list WTF!!! That's Bullshit!!! No Super Mario World I can kinda understand but not even SMB? Fuck that shit!!!

Nintendo is probably is saving Mario titles for the Super Mario Galaxy's launch.

Not the end of the world! You have so much time to play that game, lol.

What i have to say now is that i'm shock it to see a big european launch list. I wasn't expecting so much titles. Nonetheless, i have to say, its awesome.

As long as they make sure that all platforms are updated very regulary, so if there is a gap between releases give us more games on vc. But hopefully this means I can get rid of most of my roms now

Japanese list is much better we're having like 32 virtual console games in total and in japan they have almost 50 VC games, Snes is much better, with Castlevania IV, Contra III Super mario world, The legend of zelda a link to the past and many more, but hey we're having one VC game more than the us, they are not getting DKC at launch.

Nice, there's some amazing games there...can't wait for Contra 3 :D...presuming that those games actually make it to Europe....

According to the latest EDGE their wont be a VC until sometime after launch....

Yeah... I know, it kinda sucks, that Wii booklet kinda dwells more on the negative points than positive doesn't it..?

Just when you think about link to the past they have the english translaton of it so you would think we would get it on launch as well.

But you never know by end of december we may have nearer the amount of titles that the japan is getting on vc

I think EDGE have gotten the wrong end of the stick meaning the shop channel won't go live until the japanese launch

Not a bad lineup, although I still don't think there's an excuse for not having Excite Truck as a launch title over here.

I'm not too bothered about the VC games list either, as I probably won't use it much. I don't really see why they can't just have all the games up from the start, though, rather than making customers wait for the games they want.

Also, have the UK prices for VC games been announced yet? I know that, for example, N64 games will cost 1000 Wii points, which is €10, but what will we be paying over here? I hope my suspicions aren't correct, and they don't just make them £10..

Ill pick up Zelda and Red Steel. I might buy Wii play for the extra remote and Monkey ball for some monkey madess.....

Looks like it'll be an axtra remote for Wii play, Monkey ball for all those multiplayer mini games, and Zelda because its Zelda.

I don't really see why they can't just have all the games up from the start, though, rather than making customers wait for the games they want.

Nintendo are marketing masters! IF they release a lot of games on the VC at the start then people will only spend their 2000 points on the games the really want. Release a limited selection and people will most likely still spend their 2000 points and when that game they always wanted comes along then they will go buy 2000 more points. Its a good way of making people spend more money.

I do find it a bit strange that the Japanese get far more SNES games. It doesnt bother me as I will probably only download 1 or 2 games because I'm not prepared to pay £10 for a game that is freely available on my PC. I will most likely head for Turbo Graphix and Megadrive games as I didnt own neither of those consoles. I would love to replay all the classic snes games from my youth but at the price they are charging I may just limit it to super mario world.

Nintendo reveals Wii line-up for Europe

Nintendo has announced 27 Wii games and 31 Virtual Console titles that will be available in Europe before the end of December.

The console launches on December 8th for £179, bundled with Wii Sports. Other first-party titles available on the day of release include Wii Play and The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Third-party titles include Need For Speed Carbon (EA), Red Steel (Ubisoft), Call Of Duty 3 (Activision) and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (Sega).

System 3, the sister label of publisher Play It, plans to release five Wii titles before the end of the year, including Gottlieb Pinball Classics, Super Fruit Fall, Impossible Mission, Leaderboard Golf and Tennis Masters.

Downloadable Virtual Console titles will hark back to Nintendo’s NES, SNES and N64 formats, as well as Sega's Mega Drive and the celebrated PC engine, Turbografx. Games include Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong, Sonic The Hedgehog and Golden Axe.

The titles will be available to download using Wii Points. NES games will cost 500 Points (€5), Turbografx games will cost 600 Points (€6), SNES and Megadrive games will cost 800 points (€8), and N64 games will cost 1000 Points (€10).

The full Wii line-up (all released 08/12/06 unless stated) reads:

Nintendo

Wii Sports

The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Wii Play

Activision

Call Of Duty 3

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam

EA

Madden NFL 07

Need For Speed Carbon

Midway

Happy Feet

Rampage: Total Destruction

Sega

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

System 3

Gottlieb Pinball Classics

Impossible Mission (December tbc)

Leaderboard Golf (December tbc)

Super Fruit Fall

Tennis Masters (December tbc)

THQ

Barnyard

Cars

Spongebob Squarepants: Creature of the Krusty Krab

Ubisoft

Far Cry Vengeance

GT Pro Series

Monster 4 X 4 World Circuit

Open Season

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Red Steel

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Double Agent

The Virtual Console range (all available in December) reads:

NES

Baseball

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Jr.

Ice Hockey

Mario Bros.

Pinball, Soccer

Solomon's Key (Tecmo)

Tennis

The Legend of Zelda

Urban Champion

Wario's Woods

SNES

Donkey Kong Country

F-Zero

SimCity

N64

Super Mario 64

Sega MegaDrive

Sonic the Hedgehog

Altered Beast

Golden Axe

Columns

Gunstar Heroes

Ecco the Dolphin

Space Harrier II

Toe Jam & Earl

Ristar

Dr. Robotonik’s Mean Bean Machine

Turbografx (PC Engine)

Bonk’s Adventure

Super Star Soldier

Victory Run

Bomberman '93

Dungeon Explorer

mcvuk.com

GGrrrrr... just went to the shop at lunch time, their not taking pre-orders on games and extras still yet (and only one of the two behind the counter whne i was there knew the launch list came out this morning).

Said they have to wait for their head office to decide on how much they'll sell them for and then to put them in their system.

I'll try again tomorrow (and everyday untill they do :heh:) seeing as when the Wii launch date was annouced they started taking pre-orders the very next day i'm hoping the same will happen with the games.

If i don't get my Z:TP and Red Steel at launch i will be one p'd off gamer :heh:

I'm gonna sound a bit grouchy but I don't really like the launch list that much.It's a much better launch compared to other consoles but the games I was looking forward to have been delayed and the one VC game I wanted isn't there.There's only 5 games there top that interest me.

That's a great launch lineup. There may only be a few AAA games in that list, but let's not forget people will want to pick those other ones up too. They'll be chucked into Toys R Us bundles and such. The only ones I'm really gunning for is Zelda, WiiPlay, Red Steel if it gets good reviews and probably one other title like Monkey Ball.

[edit]

For everyone complaining about "OH MY GOD, NO MARIO (number/subtitle) ON DAT LIST!" just remember that basically everyone owns a copy of those games on the GBA.

Australian Wii line-up 23 titles

$99.95 - Avatar The Last Airbenders

$99.95 - Barnyard

$99.95 - Call of Duty 3

$99.95 - Disney / Pixar's Cars

$99.95 - Far Cry Vengeance

$79.95 - Gottlieb Pinball Classics

$99.95 - GT Pro Series

$99.95 - Happy Feet

$99.95 - Madden NFL 07

$89.95 - Marvel Ultimate Alliance

$99.95 - Monster 4X4 World Circuit

$99.95 - Need for Speed Carbon

$99.95 - Open Season

$49.95 - Rampage Total Destruction

$99.95 - Rayman Raving Rabbids

$99.95 - Red Steel

$99.95 - SpongeBob SquarePants Creature from the Krusty Krab

$79.95 - Super Fruit Fall

$99.95 - Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz

$99.95 - The Ant Bully

$99.95 - The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

$99.95 - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent

$99.95 - Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam

+ Wii Play (including Wii Remote) $79.95

Add 4 more titles to be released on January 9th 2007

$79.95 - Impossible Mission

$79.95 - Leaderboard Golf

$79.95 - Puzzle Balls

$79.95 - Tennis Masters

The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past

Enough to make me cry.I even prefer Australias line up :heh:

So you Aussie's are paying the equivalent of £40 then.

I think its a great launch. Zelda will occupy many homes in the coming weeks.

This is all fine and dandy, but theres something we still havent been told about which quite concerning. RRP, We need to know these. Wii was supposed to be about an affordable option for next gen, but we're not exactly sure how much that stretches here in europe. We know the controller is more expensive than the others and etc, but we still dont know average game prices!

But I guess its kinda safe that pretty much all launch titles will be near or £40.

why is super mario 64 the only n64 title?What is super fruit fall or whatever?

Nintendo is probably is saving Mario titles for the Super Mario Galaxy's launch.

er why woulnt they want people to get a taste of classic mario before moving into new mario

Damn those aussies hopefully its a mistake and we will get more vc games than the japs considering were truely last this time.

*turns into a rabbit off rayman*

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

er why woulnt they want people to get a taste of classic mario before moving into new mario

Because when Mario Galaxy hits stores, people are in "Mario mood" and are more prone to do irrational, Mario related purchases. I know that it's cynical way to look things, but this is business.

Because when Mario Galaxy hits stores, people are in "Mario mood" and are more prone to do irrational, Mario related purchases. I know that it's cynical way to look things, but this is business.

good point.it woulnt make sense for them to release them all together though.Are we europeans ever going to see the likes of mario rpg?