NEurope
DiemetriX

Full Nintendo Wii European Launch Line Up

Nintendo Wii European Launch Titles (Dec 8th 2006)

# Wii Sports Bundle (Including the Wii console and Wii Sports - Tennis, Golf, Boxing, Baseball and Bowling)

# The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess

# Wii Play (including Wii Remote)

# Call of Duty 3 (Activision)

# Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Activision)

# Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam(Activision)

# Madden NFL 07 (EA)

# Need For Speed Carbon (EA)

# Happy Feet (Midway Games)

# Rampage: Total Destruction (Midway Games)

# Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (Sega)

# Gottlieb Pinball Classics (System 3)

# Super Fruit Fall (System 3)

# Disney/ Pixar Cars (THQ)

# Barnyard (THQ)

# Spongebob Squarepants: Creature from the Krusty Krab (THQ)

# Blazing Angels Squadrons of WW II (Ubisoft)

# Far Cry Vengeance (Ubisoft)

# GT Pro Series (Ubisoft)

# Monster 4x4 World Circuit (Ubisoft)

# Open Season (Ubisoft)

# Rayman Raving Rabbids (Ubisoft)

# Red SteelTM (Ubisoft)

# Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent (Ubisoft)

source: http://www.cubed3.com/news/6242/1/Full_Nintendo_Wii_European_Launch_Line_Up

A big list granted but there are only a few quality AAA games but then it is still a launch and for a launch its has a pretty decent amount of games to choose from :heh:

A big list granted but there are only a few quality AAA games but then it is still a launch and for a launch its has a pretty decent amount of games to choose from :heh:

The number of killer apps on launch is fine to me, since I won't be able to afford that many anyway :P I'll probably get Zelda and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, and if they get decent reviews, Red Steel and Rayman.

Any news on the Virtual Console front?

Japanese Virtual Console Lineup

October 31st, 2006

Famicom (NES) — 500 points (500 yen) each

* Ice Hockey (Nintendo)

* Urban Champion (Nintendo)

* Legend of Kage (Taito)

* Gradius (Konami)

* Go-moku Narabe (Nintendo)

* Soccer (Nintendo)

* Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)

* Xevious (Bandai Namco)

* Legend of Zelda (Nintendo)

* Solomon’s Key (Tecmo)

* Tennis (Nintendo)

* Donkey Kong (Nintendo)

* Donkey Kong Jr. (Nintendo)

* Ninja Jajamaru-kun (Jaleco)

* Pinball (Nintendo)

* Baseball (Nintendo)

* Mario Bros. (Nintendo)

* Wario’s Woods (Nintendo)

Super Famicom (SNES) - 800 points unless otherwise noted

* F-Zero (Nintendo)

* R-Type III (Irem)

* Super Castlevania IV (Konami)

* Contra III (Konami)

* Sim City (Nintendo): 900

* Street Fighter II (Capcom)

* Donkey Kong Country (Nintendo)

* Super Mario World (Nintendo)

* Zelda: Link to the Past (Nintendo): 900

* Fire Emblem: Monsho no Nazo (Nintendo) 900

* Mario Super Picross (Nintendo)

Nintendo 64 (1000 points or 1000 yen)

* Super Mario 64 (Nintendo)

Mega Drive (Sega Genesis) - 600 points or 600 yen

* Ecco The Dolphin (Sega)

* Gunstar Heroes (Sega)

* Golden Axe (Sega)

* Columns (Sega)

* Shadow Dancer (Sega)

* Altered Beast (Sega)

* Space Harrier II (Sega)

* Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega)

* Toejam and Earl (Sega)

* Puyo Puyo (Sega)

* Ristar (Sega)

PC Engine (TG-16, 600 points)

* Bonk’s Adventure (Hudson)

* Necromancer (Hudson)

* Super Star Soldier (Hudson)

* New Adventure Island (Hudson)

* Dungeon Explorer (Hudson)

* Battle Lode Runner (Hudson)

* Victory Run (Hudson)

* Bomberman ‘94 (Hudson)

source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/features/virtual_console_lineup.html

WOW! I knew that Excite Truck wouldn't make the launch but Trauma Center as well!?

Glad I'm getting the US Wii now! although it's a bit unfair how Japan get much more Virtual Console games at launch than anyone else (And I expect it to stay the same throughout it's entire lifetime)

well guess what.. three games for me at launch.. and yes they are the highlighted.. so ill have to wait for Excitetruck and by god I want Metal slug anthology.. well maybe i will pick up Monkey ball too.. but I almost broke a controller because I suck at it.. and I don't think the wii mote is as sturdy as the good ole GameCube controller

Any news on the Virtual Console front?

According to the latest EDGE their wont be a VC until sometime after launch....

Strong strong line up there. A few dark horses I am intrested in. May even get Madden if it gets good reviews.

Red Steel

Rayman

Zelda: TTP

Tony Hawks

Super Monkey Ball

Wii:Play

Wii: Sports

I was dissapointed about Excitetruck, Elebits, Trauma Centre not making the launch, but my god, those games make up for it!

I'll probably download Sonic, Golden Axe, Toe Jam and Earl, Wario Woods, F-Zero (snes) on launch day as well! BUT the games are pretty expensive...i mean 700 points for a mega-drive game? Thats nearly half of the 2000 you get...and 2000 points cost £15-20 don't they?

Here is European VC launch list (compiled by Cubed3 from Hudson's, Sega's and Nintendo's official press releases):

NES: Baseball, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Ice Hockey, Mario Bros., Pinball, Soccer, Solomon's Key (Tecmo), Tennis, The Legend of Zelda, Urban Champion, Wario's Woods.

SNES: Donkey Kong Country, F-Zero, SimCity

N64: Super Mario 64

SEGA MEGA DRIVE: Sonic the Hedgehog, Altered Beast, Golden Axe, Columns, Gunstar Heroes, Ecco the Dolphin, Space Harrier II, Toe Jam & Earl, Ristar, Dr. Robotonik’s Mean Bean Machine

Turbografx (PC Engine): Bonk’s Adventure, Super Star Soldier, Victory Run, Bomberman’93, Dungeon Explorer

So.... this list contains three "NTSC only*" titles, so could we finally get over "PAL only" and "no Turbographx" games bullshit?

* Bomberman'93, Super Star Soldier, Victory Run

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/news/article.do?elementId=c2Pwu1CRix49H0pI0Wkr1xy2vgL1Ks_R

Well that's just Hudson, will Nintendo be willing to follow suit in regards to NTSC only games? we'll have to wait and see. At least Chrono Trigger is a possibility now! MAKE IT HAPPEN SQUARE-ENIX!

Edit: Hang on there's no Super Mario Bros in that list WTF!!! That's Bullshit!!! No Super Mario World I can kinda understand but not even SMB? Fuck that shit!!!

Good news about Wario Ware though (Same time as US roughly) not so good about Excite Truck :(

I think they meaning nintendo europe needs to improve localising staff issues so the games get turned around quicker.

On another note you would think that they would of tried to release the games they released in Jjapan vc to us

Here is European VC launch list (compiled by Cubed3 from Hudson's, Sega's and Nintendo's official press releases):

NES: Baseball, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Ice Hockey, Mario Bros., Pinball, Soccer, Solomon's Key (Tecmo), Tennis, The Legend of Zelda, Urban Champion, Wario's Woods.

SNES: Donkey Kong Country, F-Zero, SimCity

N64: Super Mario 64

SEGA MEGA DRIVE: Sonic the Hedgehog, Altered Beast, Golden Axe, Columns, Gunstar Heroes, Ecco the Dolphin, Space Harrier II, Toe Jam & Earl, Ristar, Dr. Robotonik’s Mean Bean Machine

Turbografx (PC Engine): Bonk’s Adventure, Super Star Soldier, Victory Run, Bomberman’93, Dungeon Explorer

So.... this list contains three "NTSC only*" titles, so could we finally get over "PAL only" and "no Turbographx" games bullshit?

* Bomberman'93, Super Star Soldier, Victory Run

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/news/article.do?elementId=c2Pwu1CRix49H0pI0Wkr1xy2vgL1Ks_R

It wouldn't matter about Bomberman '93 anyway....Isn't that just the Turbografx ver. of Mega Bomberman??

It's surprising not to see Streets of Rage on the Megadrive though. Not that I'd get it, as I'v got it on Sonic Gems, and I definately wouldn't be getting the 3rd one if that comes out....The western ver. is awful, and I obviously have the decent one on Sonic Gems too :heh:

Again 3 of the games I would instantly buy at launch miss the EU time frame. As usual.

I swear the first legal method which allows me to play US games will be bought within seconds. I and I guess many gamers from the UK wouldn't care to get the US versions of games instead of those multilanguage crap releases.

It is 2006 if you are not good enough to play games in english - you are either too youg are too dumb and therfor you should wait for games in your language.

Again 3 of the games I would instantly buy at launch miss the EU time frame. As usual.

If it helps, US gets even less VC games on the launch. They got same list sans DKC.

quite a lot of titles i'll proberly only get zelda and red steel as the others don't appeal to me to as a must have

If it helps, US gets even less VC games on the launch. They got same list sans DKC.

Well I am quite happy about the better EU VC lineup and I might even get a few of those games but still I would rather switch places with the US and get the Wii games cheaper and sooner.

Well I guess it takes another console generation to finally prove that the EU market is worth fighting for.

it seems totally dumb to drip feed us VC games. I'd just get drunk one night and buy them all given the opportunity.

Wohoo, i can finally (hopefully) pre-order my games and extra wiimotes

The one thing missing from that, that i am wondering is how much does Wii Play with Wiimote bundle cost? Like will it be like a free Wiimote with the game? Or a reduced priced Wiimote?

So lets see, Wii and Wiisports already pre-ordered (with jusy 100euro left to pay). So i need to order Zelda, Red Steel, Wii Play with wiimote, extra nunchuck.

I may get more wiimotes/nunchucks instead of another game, as Zelda will likley rule my life anyway and i'll forget about all others

WOHOO

5 weeks 2 days, that's just 37days, that's about 888 hours, let the count down BEGIN

Also Crap no word yet on alternate colours... i'm still praying for the ultra sexy black