NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
wooks63

Component Cable £14.99 from Play.com

Bloody Gameplay better get there act together... because im just getting a little pissed off that everywhere else is cheaper than they are.

I guess that I should see how much I can get a Wii and games for...It would be cost price + VAT...It would be nice to know what the actual cost price of a Wii game and the console is!

I heard that Play can afford to be cheap as they dont always use UK suppliers. Isnt Jersey VAT free aswell?

I heard that Play can afford to be cheap as they dont always use UK suppliers. Isnt Jersey VAT free aswell?

Yes, Jersey is exempt from VAT. That's why loads of online stores are now setting up shop in Jersey.

I guess that I should see how much I can get a Wii and games for...It would be cost price + VAT...It would be nice to know what the actual cost price of a Wii game and the console is!

What about Amazon... there doing Wii games on the cheap.

Hell there Wii Component cable it £16.99

IMO Gameplay arnt making any sort of effort to get people to buy from them.

I remember the days when Gameplay was a few yellow pages in PC Gamer and their prices were lower than anyone else.

I remember the days when Gameplay was a few yellow pages in PC Gamer and their prices were lower than anyone else.

...then they were taken over by GAME. and quel surprise... they're crap.:horse:

Yep so do i

I mean we cant moan about the service because its much better than any other site i have ever used, its just the prices.

Yep so do i

I mean we cant moan about the service because its much better than any ohter site i have ever used, its just the prices.

Agreed.

Play id truly fantastic IMO.

Cheap stuff + No delivery charge = Ding Ding.

thanks for the headsup!

Pre-order in! Just as a backup incase the high street stores fail me, which they very well may do

They will charge for this when it is released, right? I get paid the day before the Wii comes out and have the Friday, Saturday and Sunday off work during which time I plan to do nothing but play Zelda and eat snacks.

Anyone know if there is a way to connect the Wii to a pc monitor, mine has vga and dvi. I saw on the internet a guy said last year "You'll be able to play [Revolution] not just by linking up to a television but to a computer monitor as well."...has anything been said about it since or what?

Nah, that has been scrapped. You can only use Wii on a TV. Except of course if you have some sort of VGA box that has RCA or S-Video input, but I don't think it's going to look too good. If Wii really supported VGA that'd be great, but no is a no.

They will charge for this when it is released, right?

yeah they charge you when a preordered item is ready to ship

Gameplay are starting to lower 360 games to match that of other places! £37.99 for Gears Of War is VERY good.

I reckon Wii games will go down to £32.99 soon, hopefully, fingers crossed. :grin:

I'm pretty sure Gameplay are trying their best to match other stores, just give em time.

Play.com and Amazon have to be congratulated for their competitive prices though, so well-done.;)

What does a component cable actually do?

I direct you to my video thread :) you'll find absolutely everything you need to know about the Wii's video outputs etc etc. Hopefully this will help!

Anyone know if there is a way to connect the Wii to a pc monitor, mine has vga and dvi. I saw on the internet a guy said last year "You'll be able to play [Revolution] not just by linking up to a television but to a computer monitor as well."...has anything been said about it since or what?

You can if your monitor supports sync-on-green, then you can get a component->vga-cable converter for like 10€.

Sign in to follow this