NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
trondjac

Wii with DVD player addon

Hey, I just saw this over at GoNintendo.com, in an interview with Laurent Fischer in Edge. That next year they will release a Wii version with a DVD player! Thats great news (for me at last..) Since then I can trow out my GameCube and Dvd player an gain more space for some other junk. But now I have to buy a Wii this year, and a Wii DVD next year, hmm, I think I have to work some overtime : peace:

I suppose that it's going to be something like GameCube Panasonic and very very expensive...

Hey, I just saw this over at GoNintendo.com, in an interview with Laurent Fischer in Edge. That next year they will release a Wii version with a DVD player! Thats great news (for me at last..) Since then I can trow out my GameCube and Dvd player an gain more space for some other junk. But now I have to buy a Wii this year, and a Wii DVD next year, hmm, I think I have to work some overtime : peace:

Working overtime instead of saving up a couple of extra days wages?:wtf:

Anyway...sounds stupid; plus, I need my multi-region DVD/VCR player, even though it takes up too much space & such.

I can't imagine it being much more expensive than the Wii. The Panasonic Qube was expensive because when it was released, DVD players were still relativly new technology, and therefore quite expensive.

I already have two DVD players. This is completely uninteresting.. Who doesn't have a DVD player by now!?

Waste of time, nice extra if it's included in the console, but as a 'Panasonic Q' style console an utter waste of time. Something that Nintendo collectors will pick up and that's it!

LOCK THREAD. Final comment, wait for years until you get a Wii with DVD playback or play Wii now in 2006 and beyond? I know what my choice is.

It was already in the Wii Hardware discussion! The thread has been going for two goddamn hours, where are the mods? :indeed:

Couldn't they just realise abit of firmware to emulate DVD's? couldn't u do something similar with Dreamcast? or am I getting muddled up!

Panasonic W.

Strangely I got an advert idea when you said that.

*Wii on screen with the Panasonic W logo on it appears on the screen. Link appears on a TV and says, "Just call me Dubya"*

Don't ask me why, that's what popped into my head.

LOCK THREAD. Final comment, wait for years until you get a Wii with DVD playback or play Wii now in 2006 and beyond? I know what my choice is.

so i guess your waiting a few years to get wii :laughing:

I would like it as an upgradable feature, via firmware over Wiiconnect24, If they release on with the feature i may be tempted to buy it, but I have a 360 and a DVD player, which plays my precious burnt Fullmetal Alchemist :D, so ive no need for one.

Unless they implement the Wiimote as a controller with cool controls, I might get it.

You know, that might not be a bad idea. DVD playback was left out probably because of license fees, but you could actually pay the fee yourself with Wii Points and download edited firmware if you want it.

Dunno if it's possible though.

Sign in to follow this