NEurope
Johelian

Infected Needles found in Public Locations

Found this on another site;

"This message is serious and has been passed to us from Cheshire RFU..

Could you please cascade as quickly as possible as this came through our

NHS web page.

For your information, a couple of weeks ago, in the Odeon cinema,

Festival Park, a person sat on something sharp in one of the seats. When

she stood up to see what it was, a needle was found poking through the

seat with an attached note saying, "You have been infected with HIV".

The Centres for Disease Control in Birmingham, reports similar events

have taken place in several other cities recently.

ALL of the needles tested HAVE been found positive for HIV. The CDC also

reports that needles have been found in the coin return areas of pay

phones and coke machines. Everyone is asked to use extreme caution when

confronted with these types of situations. All public chairs should be

thoroughly but safely inspected prior to any use. A thorough visual

inspection is considered the bare minimum. Further more, they ask that

everyone notify their family members and friends of the potential

dangers, as well.

The previous information was sent from Hanley police station to all of

the local councils in the Staffs area and was interdepartmentally

dispersed.

We were all asked to pass this to as many people as possible."

Dunno how reliable it is, and havent heard anything more, but thought Id post it anyway. Nothing like a good scaremongering!

________

WEED VAPORIZER

Edited by Johelian

man what sick idiots would do such a thing? cant believe another human being would want to do that, im def gonna be careful before reaching into blind area's from now on.

EDIT: oh it may be a hoax...

There are many of such fake postings/emails but the problem is you can never be sure. I normally check most public places I go for such things - I generally don't trust most people. Okay you can call me paranoid but I am rather a bit too carefull than letting such things happen to me.

My mate told me about this. His mum works for the council and she told him they had a meeting about it and to watch out. I dont know if hes pissing around though. I really hope this isnt true, Im known to be a morbid bastard but this is too far for a joke.

Ah then that is a relief...

I heard once that there was a guy in my local town once that was apparently threatening to stab people in BHS with a syringe that he had infected using his own blood...pretty scary stuff. He was stopped without hurting anyone though.

________

Volcano Vaporizer

Edited by Johelian

Even if this is a hoax, I'm sure it could give a few twisted people bad ideas.

Even if this is a hoax, I'm sure it could give a few twisted people bad ideas.

yeah thats what i was thinkin! people are gunna see it and think, in some twisted way, that its funny then go off and do it :sad:

Hahaha!

That's pretty funny, "You've been infected with HIV! Have a nice day!".

This is where some guy bursts in and says "you've been framed!" or some shit.

Of course if it was real it wouldn't be funny at all.

Plus the virus can't survive outside of the body for long and it needs very specific environmental conditions. I'd still be scared crapless if it happened to me though.

I heard this ages ago its pretty much a rumour i dont think this was in England but in some other countries, thats just cruel though supposedly HIV infected people were somehow putting HIV in the needles and leaving them for more people to sit on and get infected too to die

I dont think its any more than an urban legend as it hasn't been anywhere on the news, newspapers or the media, nothing to be scared of

I was reading my local paper (the examminer) and it was talking abouth chain mail hoaxes, this was one of them

needles in public places are still a problem. regular occurance in the car park at asda where i used to work and in properties i used to work in as a painter/decorator.

its another good reason to string up smack heads........

yeah thats what i was thinkin! people are gunna see it and think, in some twisted way, that its funny then go off and do it :sad:

Dont forget that these twisted people would actually need to be HIV positive first before they could get up to any monkeyshines with needles.

________

Glass Bongs

Edited by Johelian

Yeah, these urban myths come and go. The best one is with the haggle street devotchkas who sleep with their prey and then write 'Welcome to the aids club' on the mirror before leaving their newly embraced HIV+ lovers. It's my favourite bed time story.

My mate told me about this. His mum works for the council and she told him they had a meeting about it and to watch out. I dont know if hes pissing around though. I really hope this isnt true, Im known to be a morbid bastard but this is too far for a joke.

knowing the type of people working in the council, here is how such a meeting would occur.

*manager* "hmm whats this, an email, oooh looks official, hmm, it says its from the NHS it must be true. lets not take time to question the source, or do basic research into this, such as contacting the NHS trust involved, checking the internet etc, lets just assume that as its an email its 100% true, because the magic pixie that scans all my email wouldn't let false emails in."

knowing the type of people working in the council, here is how such a meeting would occur.

*manager* "hmm whats this, an email, oooh looks official, hmm, it says its from the NHS it must be true. lets not take time to question the source, or do basic research into this, such as contacting the NHS trust involved, checking the internet etc, lets just assume that as its an email its 100% true, because the magic pixie that scans all my email wouldn't let false emails in."

Your probably right. His mum told him to tell everybody he knew and to tell them to tell everybody they knew. Its a very subersive way to spread fear everywhere. Got to love the government.

Well I'm ever so slightly worried now.

I read about this yesterday, went into school and saw my friend looking a bit down, went over and asked him what's wrong. Apparently, this has actually just happened to one of his close mates. He doesn't strike me as the kinda guy to lie about something like that...

ARGH!

This makes me worry a lot now. My tips for this is to avoid the back seats of buses, trains, planes, cinema etc. Thats where the drug addicts will be n leave neadles n stuff

well, if you're gonna catch aids I guess present day is the best time to catch it, from the view point that it has improved by becoming less deadly. although obviously still being deadly means its not good but meh. perhaps walking round in suits of sheet metal armour would be the way forward?

I'm never sitting at the back of a bus again. Wouldn't people look at you odd if you got on the bus and started examining your seat though? And how are you supposed to examine your seat in the cinema when it's dark? You probably still wouldn't see the needle because it would be hidden by the padding.

Can't someone just invent a sicko radar so we can round all these freaks up and we could stop worrying? I know it's a hoax but you just know there are people who would do this.

I heard if you have a cut on your hand and you touch something with blood particles on it like money or something, you can get aids. Even if you can't see any blood. Is this true? I work in a shop, i ofen have scratches on my hands and have to touch money all the time. I get paranoid about it sometimes. It's probably not true.