Wii Invite You to Play

I got picked!

OMG i never get picked for anything!! Got my email today:

"Congratulations!

You have been selected as one of the lucky Nintendo VIPs to experience

a new generation in gaming first-hand!

You've been invited to join our special Wii event taking place on 18th

November 2006 in London, where you will get the chance to enjoy our new

console before it arrives in shops on December 8.

Please let me know if you can make it by replying to this email, and we

will get back to you with all the details you'll need to be part of the

Wii experience.

Best Regards

Your Nintendo Team"

*faints*

You. Lucky. Bastard.

*checks inbox and is disappointed.*

Are you 100% sure that it isn't a hoax/fake email? Does it contain your Username? Did it come from a genuine source? Someone brought this up on the Nintendo Europe forums. They said it's a really basic looking email without any formatting... you should check with Ninty before replying. Just a word of caution.

Why would you say such a thing :(

It better be real. It is just in a txt format but is from [email protected] which im sure i have received emails from before.

If it is fake and a hacker then they got nothing to work on as all i said was that i can make that date and asked what the details are.

So lets see if i receive these details huh.

Why would you say such a thing :(

It better be real. It is just in a txt format but is from [email protected] which im sure i have received emails from before.

If it is fake and a hacker then they got nothing to work on as all i said was that i can make that date and asked what the details are.

So lets see if i receive these details huh.

I just read someone on Nintendo-Europe forum saying they got one and were worried it was fake as it didn't look all that 'official'. Just thought I'd mention it as you never know.... Yeah I don't see what anyone would get from it either but just thought I'd mention it as noone had brought it up on here. :D I'm sure it's fine....

Well, congrats I guess!

I couldn't go on 18th anyway. Will be going to Arsenal vs Newcastle to watch the Toon get beat no doubt :hmm:

Yeh well done platty! Ive entered countless comps and never won a thing :(

(except one christmas I was 8 and won £200 from heart fm. You had to send a letter to santa but to heart fm :S and they picked the best one. Mine was picked because I said I felt sorry for all the african kids and to give all my toys to them instead of me :D

Bagged me £200 :hehe:

Anyways I'm sure its not fake platty! Have fun! Oh and while you are there I will be hopefully playing the wii too at the bullring :hehe:

1. Anyone can easily send an email from any eMail address using php. It's really simple, actually.

2. Luckily, tho, if someone did do it, they would not be able to intercept the reply. The worst, if it is fake, would be a failed-delivery message.

Still, have fun at the event.

(can you send me proof of your ID, plus the details for the event? This is in no way a hoax, just a security check. I work for NoE's VIP service, and so need to ensure that everyone coming is the correct person.)

(can you send me proof of your ID, plus the details for the event? This is in no way a hoax, just a security check. I work for NoE's VIP service, and so need to ensure that everyone coming is the correct person.)

So you can turn up instead, eh? :shakehead:smile:

Congrats to you, I feel better knowing that if I'm going to be working on the 18th anyway, although thats some weird twisted up logic. I'm hoping I'll be able to pop down to bluewater on the 16th though, maybe get a play in there!

Ok so i got another email with all the details so its happening. It's all pretty secret, im getting picked up and taken to the wii house..

After a bit of searching i found this on the wii house:

http://spong.com/feature/10109447

Should be a good day... hopefully ill get some freebies!!

Anyway i am back! I didnt get kidnapped, it was such an amazing day!

There were only 5 of us who got picked out of all the VIP members. Cant believe it.

Anyway the house is amazing, just amazing. It's done up like a normal house and just has wii's and wii stuff everywhere... it also has a lot of retro things lying around like star wars toys etc.

Anyway the games.. All were amazing! Zelda is the nuts. Ive been a little worried about the controls but as soon as i picked it up and starting playing it those worries were gone. It's so easy to use the controller with zelda and my god the game is good, it's so good infact i spent my first hour there just playing that. I got the wooden sword, Jumped on Epona it was amazing. I could have quite easily played that all day but had to stop to try the other games out and plus didnt wanna get too far into zelda to ruin it for me when i get it.

I also got to play Red steel. This is very very awesome. The controls are very sensitive and it took me a while to get used to it but its so good.

Call of Duty 3. Same as red steel the cotrols were very sensitive but it plays really nice and looks good.

Farcry. The controls were slightly better on this one and it is a very good game.

Excitetruck is brilliant. The little steering wheel add on makes it so good.

4x4 racing game. Same as excitetruck brilliant.

Tony Hawks downhill jam. I was really impressed with this and the way the controls work. I wasnt gonna get it but after playing it i think i might.

Wario Ware is awesome, so much fun it's brilliantly done. Everyone must buy this.

Wii Sports, I love this game so much, boxing is brilliant i cant wait to play it online!!

Wii play, Not as good as Wii sports but damn there are some funny games on there like the the cow racing game.

Sonic. I thought it was pretty good and also looked pretty good. Very very easy to get into and the controller works very well with it. Typical sonic game run fast and collect rings

Trauma Centre, I was very impressed with this, if you like this on the DS then you must get the wii version.

Super monkey ball. What can i say, its brilliant. Controls work really well with it.

Think thats about it. They did have some other games there that i didnt play and they had Super Mario Galaxy but we wasnt allowed to see that :( Why tell us you have it then say sorry we cant show you that... like snatching candy from a baby.

Richard Moulton also showed up who is the NOE online Editor and I had a good chat with him. Turns out he is friends with Tim!! Richard done a little interview with us for NOE and also took some pictures :)

I asked for a wii but they laughed and Richard told me he hasnt even got a free wii and has to buy his own.

The only freebies i managed to get were a wii Coffee mug, a wii pen and a wii notepad.

All in all a most excellent day.

Very cool. No photos allowed?

Also can I have the mug? some n00b put my wallace and grommit one in the dish washer and it all fell apart. :(

Nice read Platty, but could you tell me which out of these 3 was the best of all:

I also got to play Red steel. This is very very awesome. The controls are very sensitive and it took me a while to get used to it but its so good.

Call of Duty 3. Same as red steel the cotrols were very sensitive but it plays really nice and looks good.

Farcry. The controls were slightly better on this one and it is a very good game.

Very cool. No photos allowed?

Also can I have the mug? some n00b put my wallace and grommit one in the dish washer and it all fell apart. :(

I took some photos with my phone. I wasnt really allowed to take pictures or videos of the games but may have got a couple of sneaky ones.

I'll post some stuff tomorrow.

Nice read Platty, but could you tell me which out of these 3 was the best of all:

Ok so before playing them I would have gone for RedSteel cos of all the hype and the screens & videos ive seen.

But after playing all 3 I would recommend Call of Duty 3. It just plays better, looks better, felt better and you are straight into the action.

Im not saying Redsteel and Farcry are bad games (unlike some of the reviews they have been getting) but COD3 would be my choice if I had to pick one out of the three.

But I'm probably gonna pick up both Call of Duty 3 and Redsteel anyway :smile:

But after playing all 3 I would recommend Call of Duty 3. It just plays better, looks better, felt better and you are straight into the action.

Thanks, ive preordered Red steel (seperate to the Wii bundle) and i was thinking if to cancel it due to the reviews. I'll see what other reviews have to say then make my choice :)