NEurope
Dante

Kororinpa

Initially this seems to play very similar to SMB, but it's actually got much more depth to the gameplay than the first few stages suggest, and the game requires you to do a lot more motion with the Wii Remote.

For example in SMB you tilt the control 45 degrees in any direction and the table will be at its maximum tilt, but in kororinpa you can basically keep going and the table will follow suite, so you have complete control of the table. A lot of stages see you having to tilt by 90 degrees and continue to play with the Wii Remote on its side, the later stages then apply that to the forward and backward motions too so you have the Wii Remote pointing at the floor, it can get pretty tricky! :heh:

As for the camera well I've only noticed a few issues with it where sometimes your view gets obscured and it tries to make a very slight movement to let you see where you're going, but most of the time any object that gets in the way will just turn transparent, so it's all good.

it broke my heart to have to complete stage 43 again!.
I had the joy of playing that stage last night, certainly won't be an easy one to get gold on that's for sure! :shakehead

Anyway, my file is at 51% right now. I've unlocked the...

...Flash ball, which is very cool as you can completely customize how it moves by adjusting response, speed, slide and bounce.

It doesn't beat the cat ball though. :wink:

so would you guys say that this game is better/more fun that SMB?

i'm thinking of getting one, but since the concept is more or less the same, i'm not sure which one.

although i must say i didn't enjoy the GC version :s

Definitely get Kororinpa - the controls are much better. The whole game is just more sophisticated. The first levels are too easy but you'll need lots of skill for some of the later ones.

Kororinpa isn't a particularly long game. If you rented it for a week you could complete it in that time and then you won't need to buy it. I really wouldn't bother buying SMB, It was okay for the drought period but there are better games starting to come out now so I'd spend your money elsewhere.

I wish I could rent games here, but no store rents them.
That's too bad man, Kororinpa is definitely an excellent rental game.

I'm still playing this occasionally though, (about 93% complete now I think) just got a few more stages to do on mirror mode, basically all the space stages.

The final stage is amazing, took me like 15 minutes to finish it the first time and even now my best time is around 6 minutes! And that's with loads of falling off :grin: , has anyone managed to do that stage without falling once?

Oh - and that's without using the Panda ball. :wink:

I'll eventually buy this, maybe I can get it cheap in a few months/years.

Bought this game for the bargain £25 from gamestation and Im gald I did; I have far too many games already (and people complain theres a drought!!!!) but I had to get it, the game is awesome and could be even better than Monkey Ball!!

Hmm this whole 'better than Monkey Ball' thing is making me want this game.