NEurope
darthbane2k

UK Wii Tour - Details FINALLY!

thats interesting. The lights on your Wii's were off - presumably meaning they were 'real' wii's, as they light is only on at the start.

The wii's in birmingham had the blue light on all the time, so i assume they are the fake ones that they have had at a few shows. I wonder why they would have real at one, and fake at another.

i'll be back at the bullring tomorrow, hopefully they'll have different games, and maybe even ask someone.

That Wii in the case was not switched on. Probably there for display purposes only.

The wii's were tucked away in the cupboard underneath i do believe.

I played the Wii in Birmingham today, about 1pm with my friend, I had a go on Golf, and the woman said we could play boxing next but we had to que up again, which was fair, then they changed shifts and the bloke said we had to play tennis. I'm pretty sure it was becuase he didnt know how to get off the menu, but he seemed confused when we asked..

299495178_be8b665fcd_o.jpg

Went back today as I said I would, and took like 3 pictures, but I took them from the top floor as the sign said no pictures and I didn't want them to get arsey about it. I'll upload and post them later, but as for the wii I played alot more today, mainly wii sports, more tennis, some bowling, baseball, golf and a tiny bit of wii play too. We had to do alot of queueing for the different gos on wii sports, but it was reasonable, couldn't be wiihogs! I definitely feel better about the wii after reading reviews that seemed worried about the controls, although I'm still feeling iffy about the pointer though.

Ice9, I see there appears to be 4 wiis on display there, did they only have wiisports and wiiplay across the 4, or other games too? I can't make out whats in the bottom right of that picture, but I hope it isn't zelda...

Do you guys know if there are any DS downloads at these events?

There wasn't at the Dublin event, I brought my DS lite along in the hope there was, but alas!

I played the Wii in Birmingham today, about 1pm with my friend, I had a go on Golf, and the woman said we could play boxing next but we had to que up again, which was fair, then they changed shifts and the bloke said we had to play tennis. I'm pretty sure it was becuase he didnt know how to get off the menu, but he seemed confused when we asked..

299495178_be8b665fcd_o.jpg

Hey I'm in that picture, see if you can spot me-wearing Jeans, and Demin Jacket as well.

Played Trauma Center and Rayman-didn't bother lying up for the Zelda/Wii sports cause I played those at E3 earlier this year. I wish Trauma Center was a UK Launch Title.

Ah well-Also entered the Win a Wii as well.

Anyone going to the Pokemon Tour in Birmingham tomorrow?

Goin to bullring with some mates tomoz so see ya there tom and gentleben!

Don't know whether I'm gunna actually play the Wii cuz I don't want it to ruin the feel when I get it at x-mas :hehe:

Went back today as I said I would, and took like 3 pictures, but I took them from the top floor as the sign said no pictures and I didn't want them to get arsey about it. I'll upload and post them later, but as for the wii I played alot more today, mainly wii sports, more tennis, some bowling, baseball, golf and a tiny bit of wii play too. We had to do alot of queueing for the different gos on wii sports, but it was reasonable, couldn't be wiihogs! I definitely feel better about the wii after reading reviews that seemed worried about the controls, although I'm still feeling iffy about the pointer though.

Ice9, I see there appears to be 4 wiis on display there, did they only have wiisports and wiiplay across the 4, or other games too? I can't make out whats in the bottom right of that picture, but I hope it isn't zelda...

The bottom left is Wii Sports, bottom right IS ZELDA :p (I didn't play it, i wanted some suprise for launch!) I think top right was Wii Play, and top left was Trauma Center. Starfox DS and Big Brain Academy were playing on the DS consoles to the left of the picture, but there were no downloads.

Gentleben, I'm not spotting you, where abouts in the photo?

Gentleben, I'm not spotting you, where abouts in the photo?

Top Right, standing right behind the sign.

Me and my pal Andrew are gonna be at the Glasgow Buchanan Galleries one on the 18th Nov (tomorrow!!).

Can't wait!!

My mate was at Glasgow today, he said there was only 1 Wii there....

You know that picture above? There is only one of the four corners there...

I'm not going to bother going anymore.

Darn you! There were only 2 wiis in Bluewater, and no signs of Zelda :(. I still have to try and get those pictures off the camera, I dunno where my brother's left the card reader.

My mate was at Glasgow today, he said there was only 1 Wii there....

You know that picture above? There is only one of the four corners there...

I'm not going to bother going anymore.

Not only that, because there was only one you barely got any time on the system itself since there was loads of people waiting to play the only one there, so after an HOUR AND A HALF in the damn queue you ended up with 5 minutes of tennis. Nice going for what's now the only Scottish Wii event before launch Nintendo.

Just got back from Meadowhall. They had 2 Wii "areas" each with a Wii connected to Panasonic HD TVs. I didn't see the actual console, which is unfortunate.

The 2 consoles were PAL retail consoles (Including packaging) - the Wii Sports in the console had a proper plastic case, and I spotted a SCART adapter in the box.

So, what about playing the thing

The Controller

It feels natural. It's light, sturdy and just feels right as soon as you hold it. The Nunchuck feels great too. Also, it doesn't pick up fingerprints easily, which is fantastic. Holding the controller "normally" feels as if the controller will stay there - the B trigger should easily stop the controller flying out, even with sweaty hands (I'm guessing the people who have smashed stuff with their controller have been holding it wrong).

Wii Sports Tennis

The first game I played. First time I was on my own against the computer. The game feels great, and the graphics suit the game perfectly. Admittedly, I lost the match (after a few deuces)

Later on, I played a match with a large guy. First match, I beat him 40-00. I didn't know anything about "power serves" (with an air-rippling effect) until I performed them (I heard someone in the crowd describe me as "the Tim Henman of Wii Tennis"). Second match I gave him a chance...he started to love the game.

Wii Sports Boxing

A lot of fun in 2 player. Played against 2 people (and won both), but doesn't always respond to the Nunchuck well, works fine most of the time, tho.

Wii Play

Only got to play the shooting game - was OK, but not much fun as I didn't get used to the controller. I saw some people play Find Mii...game is quite rubbish, and then Ping Pong, which isn't as good as I thought it would be.

Zelda

Unfortunately, the place had the retail version of Twilight Princess (and not the E3 demo). I didn't get much time on this, and the only part I played was a side-quest-part-that-you-have-to-do bit of the game. The controls (what I tried anyway) worked fine, the Fairy on the screen is not at all annoying, and the graphics and animation are lovely. Still, I'm kind of glad I didn't get to try horse riding, fighting or use any items.

And that was all I tried. The display got a lot of attention, and people (non-gamers) thought the price was good.

I'm undecided as to if i should go to the manchester Uni one or not. I don't really see the point in ruining the experience 2 days before. What do you guys think?

I'm undecided as to if i should go to the manchester Uni one or not. I don't really see the point in ruining the experience 2 days before. What do you guys think?

You won't be ruining anything I would go as afterwards you will be so hyped about getting the Wii. I've spent the last two weeks being hyped as hell since playing at bluewater just one week to go

I went to the one at Cribbs Causeway toady. They only had one Wii there was kinda crap but got a quick go on Wii Sports Tennis, which I lost 2-1 to a mate of mine!

Whilst I only got to play it for a few minutes I instantly fell in love! The controller is a fair bit smaller than I thought but fits in the hand perfectly! Also one of the Miis they had already made was called Ed (thats my name by the way) which was kinda cool!

I may end up going mad waiting these final 8 days, now that I've had a taste!

Im undecided whether i want to go to the Arndale one. Its there a day before the Wii comes, and im in college anyway.

Meadowhall for me tomorrow \o/ was gonna go today but I had an essay to do, then ended up playing 4 player Naruto for hours xD

Meadowhall for me tomorrow \o/ was gonna go today but I had an essay to do, then ended up playing 4 player Naruto for hours xD

At work in Meadowhell 2moro so if I get in early will pop and have a quick go.

well finally got to a wii tour event today, at meadowhall.

there were only 2 wii's (dunno if there were more at the oasis?) there was too big a queue for tennis) so had to play wii play and laser hockey, against some little kid who didn't seem to know wot on earth he was doing. I was moderatly impressed the Wii seemed very accurate at mimicing my movements...just wish I had been given the chance to play more...but nevermind...