NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Gaijin von Snikbah

The Specs

dont look at clockspeed remember wii is even more efficant than gamecube and just like cube very well balanced and clockspeed synronized. the cpu is embedded its copperwire its silicon on insulator suppoted its customized its got a fantastic northbridge to gpu set up all running on identical clockspeeds, unlike a bottlenecking pc or ps3 with all over the place clockspeeds......

its cpu is dedicated to cpu gaming code no HD no sound processing just pure game code a cpu like this running so efficantly is easy 3 times a xbox1 celeron

and allso remember wii is using edram (mim2 nec process) like 360s gpu ram

so expect high bandwidths and extreamly fast speed wiis 1tsram-r is hitting level 3 catche speed and stability

think high qoality lightweght well designed sports car like a lotus going up against a gas gussling super car on paper the ferrari looks better

but on the track is were the real story is told same thing applys here wii is far more a gamers machine than a slow loading buggy old fashioned control pad ps3

:bouncy: :bouncy:

I don't think any shit about how "efficient" it is or anything matters, all that matters is what we see in the actual games themselves. Right now the majority of games come across looking significantly worse than what we'd expect from "Xbox level" specs, nevermind as good as, which is the problem.

The thing is the extra power doesn't mean a bump in visuals unless developers can really figure out ways to get that little extra to make a big difference, which is pretty difficult. When you get a big jump like with the other systems suddenly tons of techniques become available that make big steps up significantly easier, such as extensive bump/normal mapping, HDR, advanced lighting and shadows, massive draw distances and character counts, etc. With the Wii the step up is so minor, combined with the fact the hardware cant do anything the GC couldn't, that there's not a lot developers can do to make really seriously noticible differences because you wont see anything like pixel shaders, normal mapping, HDR or anything like that on the Wii.

There's some good looking games and there'll be some slightly better looking games in the future, but it's never gonna be a big step up, no matter how "refined" or "efficient" or whatever the processor is.

all the grephics effects you have just listed are all supported in some way or another on gamecube SO HOW WILL THEY BE MISSING FROM wii that is utterly sencless

efficancy doesnt matter TUT TUT so if the ram is slow or has a bug (botleneck isue)wouldnt that effect console power....

if the gpu and cpu dont comunicate in sync with each other wouldnt that lead to development isues and lower performance...

if the disc drive is slow wouldnt that mean the ram is not getting data fast enough and lead to long loadtimes

efficancy =more POWER =EASIER DEVELOPMENT

IM SURE EFFICANCY MORE THAN POWER HELPS A FORMULA ONE RACING TEAM DEVELOP A BETTER RACE CAR ETC

AND WASNT PS2S POWER DEBUGGING GENERAL PERFORMANCE ISSUES COME FROM BOTTLENECKING HARDWARE AND LACK OF EFFICANCY

if the disc drive is slow wouldnt that mean the ram is not getting data fast enough and lead to long loadtimes

Compared with all other components, disc drives are slow - whatever the machine, and however efficient its design. The only way load times can be drastically reduced - or, as we've been treated to in some cases, completely eradicated - is through optimised software.

No specs out on the net are from nintendo. If someone else has specs then an NDA was broken somewhere. Given the fact that we knew NOTHING about the controller or the name until nintendo dropped the bombs.... well maybe you see where I am going.

Spell? Mind pointing my mistakes out to me? As for caps NDA should be in caps since it stands for Non Disclosure Agreement N.D.A. (sorry I forgot the periods :rolleyes:)

"Nothing" was in caps to emphasize that there was little known in the time frames I was referring to. My apologies if my typing offended you >_>

Spell? Mind pointing my mistakes out to me? As for caps NDA should be in caps since it stands for Non Disclosure Agreement N.D.A. (sorry I forgot the periods :rolleyes:)

"Nothing" was in caps to emphasize that there was little known in the time frames I was referring to. My apologies if my typing offended you >_>

I think you need a brush up on your analytical skills not spelling, as Retros message was directed at Wiiagama, not you as you can see when you read his previous post containing a number of spelling errors. Although the lack of a quote, can be a reason for ambiguity.

o.O

If that is the case I with draw my previous statement and insert a "Use freaking quotes damnit!" in it's place :p

were is the access ram ign specs are unrefined OTHER RAM not a technical term im aware of

you carnt directly compare a pc to a console consoles perform much higher than a pc per clock per meg wii has far more power than a pc at simuler specs remember both sony and microsoft run op systems and sound engines and everything on there cpus there op systems take away cpu power and ram ps3 and 360 run very much like pcs do wii doesnot wii uses all its power to run game software its said sony back ground op system uses 15% of ps3s power then theres surround sound on cpu and hd coding etc loads of power lost BEFORE YOU EVEN START PROGRAMMING THE GAME wii runs vastly more efficant than that

man i really hate using punctuation and mi spllnig is rly bad and i also LOVE TO SUE CAPITALS for no raisin.

Can't we all just ignore him, so that he'll slowly stop making incomprehensable, pointless, annoying but most of all untrue posts about this? It's the only thing he can talk about anyway so he'll be gone soon enough.

(the best way of agreeing with me is by not posting by the way)

I think what we have to remember is that:

A) The Wii is a games console, not a PC. This is important as PC games would have higher requirements as they run on top of all sorts of other apps (Windows probably being the biggest resource hog :p ) whereas games on the Wii only have to be run ontop of a firmware which has been designed especially for gaming on.

B) The GPU doesn't need as much power as the PS3/360's as it's not required to power an HD display.

C) The PowerPC architecture cannot be directly compared to Intel's but it is generally accepted that it is more efficient, so a 700mhz PPC is capable of more than a 700mhz P3, so yes the Wii's CPU is better than the Xbox's (if these specs are to be believed).

D) The developers are capable of developing games on a console which are much more optimised than they can on a PC as every Wii has identical hardware, so if an optimisation works on one Wii it should work on every Wii. This can't happen on PCs because what happens on say a Pentium 4 with Intel Integrated Graphics could be completely different to what happens on an AMD Athlon64 with an ATI x1800 (I'm not saying that P4s and Athlons are incompatible, I;m just saying that certain optmiisations could give different results depending on the CPU).

This is just my opinion on why the Wii's specs can't be directly compared to the PS3's, Xbox 360's or a PC's specs.

Sign in to follow this