AV multi-port: S-video, composite, component

Analog (left/right) audio / DPLII

Four GameCube controller ports

Two GameCube Memory Pak slots

Two USB 2.0 ports Compatible with up to four wireless Wii-motes

Self-loading media drive Accepts 12cm Wii and 8cm GCN discs; no DVD movies

http://wii.ign.com/launchguide/hardware1.html

dude this could've gone in the Wii Hardware discussion.:hmm:

Yeah...but people keep asking and stuff...It does get tedious. If it's here, then people should shut up about what they are.

Yeah...but people keep asking and stuff...It does get tedious. If it's here, then people should shut up about what they are.

lets hope the "Who Cares about the Specs" or the "They're fake Specs" people keep their mouths shut too, cause you know one of them are going to complain, lets see who's first.:hehe:

We only think this is true because everybody quotes IGN all the time, and IGN requoting themselves doesn't make it more reliable.

That said, this is the best we got. I don't think these are the final specs though.

lets hope the "Who Cares about the Specs" or the "They're fake Specs" people keep their mouths shut too, cause you know one of them are going to complain, lets see who's first.:hehe:

Well, then I will be the first. These specs are not confirmed by Nintendo, I repeat, NOT confirmed, and are in no way official. They were reported by Matt Cassamassina way back and his source were some Wii developers he apparently got the information from, which he still hasn't said who are. There is no proof at all that these are the real specs so all you who might get upset about them, remember: cum grano salis (latin for "with a pinch of salt").

(note, this isn't a "complaint", it's just a statement)

I do believe in these specs however and before dabookerman comes saying it's a XBOX, this architecture with these specs can produce wonders.

I do believe in these specs however and before dabookerman comes saying it's a XBOX, this architecture with these specs can produce wonders.

You can't compare them anyway because of the different architectures. Xbox uses pc architecture (I think) so you can compare it to a pc's specs but it's incomparable to wii's (not completely though obviously, it can still give a general idea).

What is your definition of wonder? So far specifications and first generation games correspond to each other.

They are most believable in my eyes. Cheap low tech components when it comes to power and extraordinary well designed components when it comes to heat and enery consumption. A typical Nintendo trade off policy console.

This is a pure gaming console it's been designed for one thing and one thing only - games. All components inside compliment each other and working together can produce some impressive results.

Yes it's woefully underpowered when compared to it's 2 rivals but I believe Nintendo's little box of wonders will surprise a lot of naysayers on what can be accomplished on it.

Source: My mouth! :D

What is your definition of wonder?

super-mario-galaxy-20060531030005303.jpg

scr_069.jpg

d283640100ba81cf7defd204c5262f46.jpg

Not PS3 quality, but pretty good graphics and better than XBOX for sure.

I agree with Hellfire! This is the real thing. I really don't need better graphics then this ones...

It's not everyone quoting IGN with the specs, it's that these are the specs all the developers were given to work with before they had final hardware and what they're working with on their final hardware.

It can produce gems no doubt, but sonic wildfire looks like poop! However Red Steel and Zelda are gonna be so sexy they'll make anyone smile.

those pics are teh sex. The mario and Res Steel are looking so nice. I had a sex wee.

Though i do think that yes:

The graphics do look very nice, and yes:

Graphics don't matter.

But comparing it to the xbox? The Xbox is last gen, and the Wii is next gen..

those are not the acual specs there ign throing round some numbers

i love the term other ram SO TECHNICAL IGN HA HA HA YIP YIP

AND I HIGHLY DOUT THE WII IS DOING WII SURROUND SOUND AND GAMECUBE SOUND WITH OUT A ACCESS RAM THERES NO ACCESS RAM IN THOSE SPECS

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ign know diddly sqot about how wii works

Wii SPEC guess

broadway 729mhz customized gamecentric powerpc 750 cl

copperwire/silicon on insulator

243mhz front side bus/northbridge

hollywood gpu/dsp/memory controllers/posable physics upgrade

system core graphics processor sound processor

3mbframe z buffer texture catche

24mb edram 1ts ram-r super fast high bandwidth memory (embedded onto hollywood)

64mb edram 1t s ram-r main ram fast high bandwidth

16mb access ram (it must be there ign are wrong as usual)

512mb flash drive allso accessable as virtual harddrive or access ram

thats as close as i can get without more solid info:laughing: :laughing:

i bet im close

Not dismissing this setup, but I'm dissappointed that Nintendo couldn't have passed the 1 GHz barrier with their CPU and got better clock speeds out of the GPUs and FSB with that. The Wii with the same architecture probably would have matched first gen 360 games and nobody would really be complaining. Technology is more than capable of it, easily staying under the 250 euros per unit even considering the Wiimote.

I mean, a Cube hardware board should cost Nintendo about $30 nowadays, considering die shrinks and upgrades to the hardware this should cost them no more than $50-60 when production gets rolling.

Seems to me Nintendo has overstretched their profit margin.

those are not the acual specs there ign throing round some numbers

i love the term other ram SO TECHNICAL IGN HA HA HA YIP YIP

AND I HIGHLY DOUT THE WII IS DOING WII SURROUND SOUND AND GAMECUBE SOUND WITH OUT A ACCESS RAM THERES NO ACCESS RAM IN THOSE SPECS

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ign know diddly sqot about how wii works

Wii SPEC guess

broadway 729mhz customized gamecentric powerpc 750 cl

copperwire/silicon on insulator

243mhz front side bus/northbridge

hollywood gpu/dsp/memory controllers/posable physics upgrade

system core graphics processor sound processor

3mbframe z buffer texture catche

24mb edram 1ts ram-r super fast high bandwidth memory (embedded onto hollywood)

64mb edram 1t s ram-r main ram fast high bandwidth

16mb access ram (it must be there ign are wrong as usual)

512mb flash drive allso accessable as virtual harddrive or access ram

thats as close as i can get without more solid info:laughing: :laughing:

i bet im close

O YE, RYT, CUZ U R A GAME TESTER, BUT CUDNT GET DA JOB CUZ DA TICKETZ WER 2 EXPENSIV

Um, i don't really understand the whole technical thing about specs.

Do they really matter? I don't know to be honnest.

However, from what ive seen so far from what the Wii is capabile of, i don't see any REAL difference between the 3 new systems. Am i wrong?

well i gues it would be silly to suggest that a game like excite truck isn't all that different from motor storm. I do see a different with those two.

Games like sonic and super mario galaxy don't seem to be in a leauge of thier own. I wouldn't go as far as to say mario looks no different from.... um

kameo. two different type of games. but i gues the art style is pretty close.

Redstell to me looks every bit a good as perfect dark zero.

is it just me? or is there a huge difference between the two?

at the end of the day, this is just the begining for Wii.

who knows what is in store down the line. Im expecting Miyamotos Wii game

to be eye candy, it is first party and they have had the real hardware longer than anyone else. Forever Blue its called right?

Sign in to follow this