NEurope
Stocka

14 Ubisoft Wii Titles by March 2007 (7 additional after launch!)

Such great news, best third party support for the first year of a new nintendo console ever?

http://www.companynewsgroup.com/communique.asp?co_id=112607

7 games for the Wii™ launch

7 additional games will be available on the Wii™, including one non announced new brand, bringing the total number of games available to 14 by the end of March 2007.

Hmmm.. so lets see what we know so far.

Red Steel

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Blazing Angels

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Far Cry: Vengeance

Monster 4v4 World Circuit

GT Pro Series

Open Season

Prince of Persia

Splinter Cell: Double Agent

4 more...

Please Mr. Ancel, get Beyond Good & Evil 2 on the Wii! Exclusive, please. Because we Nintendo fans know good games when we see them. I played Beyond Good and Evil on the cube and it was great. It was great. So come on- we all want it. Not(1)?

(1) = yes, we do.

Brothers in Arms + "unnanounced new brand"+ A Star Trek game (Encounters probably) + Rainbow 6 = 4 more. Other slim possibiities - Catz/Dogz/Horsez, Alexandra Ledermann 7, DF - Black Hawk Down and Myst: Complete edition.

(Don't quote me on any of this, unless I'm right.)

Did Ubisoft make POTC2 for all the current consoles? If so then that was announced ages ago, unless it's been canned then that should be a launch title or near launch.

Ubisoft should get a cookie for their marvelous support - they do the job of several third parties alone :)

Also hope it's BGE 2. It was quite entertaining but some aspects were a bit flawed imo - too much stealth too little fighting for instance.

Still I want to play part 2. The story kept me gripped.

But if Ancel makes BGE it's most likely to hit the Wii because he won't have big budget for it since the first one didn't do so well and it will be much cheaper to produce for a non-HD console then.

Such great news, best third party support for the first year of a new nintendo console ever?

http://www.companynewsgroup.com/communique.asp?co_id=112607

Hmmm.. so lets see what we know so far.

Red Steel

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Blazing Angels

Far Cry: Vengeance

Monster 4v4 World Circuit

GT Pro Series

Open Season

Prince of Persia

Splinter Cell: Double Agent

4 more...

only game worth looking into for wii, xbox 360 will have better port of splinter cell and pop. Far cry is better on PC and the rest is crap.

only game worth looking into for wii, xbox 360 will have better port of splinter cell and pop. Far cry is better on PC and the rest is crap.
The Far Cry we're getting is not the same that is out for the PC, ours is a sequel to Far Cry Instints for Xbox (initially meant for PS2 and GC too, but Microsoft paid for the exclusive).

Bare in mind that the crytek team is now doing their CryEngine 2 for Crysis, but it's not for Ubisoft... it's for EA.

My point is... it's not better; it's a diferent game, made by diferent teams, the only thing in common is the engine and the franchise name.

As for PoP... I'll probably get it on Wii.

I'd agree with you, but Rayman looks excellent and seems to be quite different on the Wii than on the other home consoles.

Prince of Persia though....I don't see any Wii PoP game being out by March 2007/

To add another thing to pedrocasilva's comment.....How can you say it's better on PC if you've never played the Wii one?

It'll be Brothers in Arms, Naruto game, new franchise, and some shit game

To add another thing to pedrocasilva's comment.....How can you say it's better on PC if you've never played the Wii one?

Because I like games with good graphics and good controls, the one on the pc was good all of these ports of the same game with different bits tacked on is crap.

end of

It'll be Brothers in Arms, Naruto game, new franchise, and some shit game

Because I like games with good graphics and good controls, the one on the pc was good all of these ports of the same game with different bits tacked on is crap.

end of

1. The Wii one isn't the same game, it's a sequel, as already stated. (And don't be a graphics whore)

2. Do you really think anyone actually takes you seriously anymore?? You always talk crap and seem to have the mind of a 10 year old, though you lack the grammar of one.

Intresting. Ubi must really think Wii will be a success.

That;s the wrong attitude, and the rediculous attitude of most publishers/developers.

It's not just the console that makes a console good. It's the GAMES!! Without them the console would be pointless, so if Ubisoft make good games for it, it should help it's success.

That attitude was what made the Cube lose 3rd party support.

It is incredible that Ubisoft are supporting the Wii so heavily, I guess that's the low development costs shining through. It's also a bit of a gamble on the system, but one worth taking because if Wii takes off the way we all think, they are going to be the 3rd party with all of the brands already on the system and familiar to users.

They've done a very good job at making their games known too. Take Zelda out of the equation and Red Steel and Raving Rabbids are selling the system at launch. They're the two biggest games other than Zelda - it speaks VOLUMES. When has that ever happened at Nintendo launch? Two new franchises too (admittedly Rayman is an old brand, but the game is totally radical).

All in all, Ubisoft are owed a lot of respect for this support.

Assassin would be sweet. But I doubt Wii could handle it.
I dunno, but that game is using Unreal Engine 2.5, same as Red Steel; not UE3 (Like Gears of War), that isn't available on Wii.

CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder

Lost

New IP

Prince of Persia Wii

Star Wars: Lethal Alliance

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas

Can't imagine buying any of the Ubisoft titles, but it's good for the machine that they're there.

I would quite like a CSI game on the Wii. Could be a phoenix Wriht style game, with less of going to court and more evidence finding. As you do.

Oooo id love a CSI game.