NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

Cleric brands Harry Potter 'gay'

A cleric and best-selling children's author has been thrown out of a school after making homophobic comments about young wizard Harry Potter.

Reverend Graham Taylor, author of 'Shadowmancer', a book similar in theme to that of J.K. Rowling's teen wizard, was gracing children of the age of 12 with a talk at Penair School, Truro.

However, teachers cut short Taylor's speech on grounds of homophobia when he began to make wild speculations about the sexual orientation of some of Rowling's characters.

"As for Harry Potter, well, he's not the only gay in the village," the vicar informed the children. He then went on to brand the villains in Rowling's books "wimps" before announcing that TV is "crap" compared to books.

Reuters quote the school as saying: "We were very disappointed to have to curtail a visit from Mr Taylor."

Meanwhile, the ejected cleric has complained: "It was a joke; a joke from Little Britain that the children would know. I didn't set out to offend. I'm a priest and I'm very careful about not offending people."

Taken From Digital Spy

harry-potter-2.jpg

This is Harry receiving an invite onto Graham Norton the chat show. What is that damn cleric on about?

This isn't mine so don't give me credit (if you even find it funny)

Purely in the interests of science, I have replaced the word "wand" with "wang" in the first Harry Potter Book

Let's see the results...

"Why aren't you supposed to do magic?" asked Harry.

"Oh, well -- I was at Hogwarts meself but I -- er -- got expelled, ter tell yeh the truth. In me third year. They snapped me wang in half an' everything

A magic wang... this was what Harry had been really looking forward to.

"Yes, yes. I thought I'd be seeing you soon. Harry Potter." It wasn't a question. "You have your mother's eyes. It seems only yesterday she was in here herself, buying her first wang. Ten and a quarter inches long, swishy, made of willow. Nice wang for charm work."

"Your father, on the other hand, favored a mahogany wang. Eleven inches. "

Harry took the wang. He felt a sudden warmth in his fingers. He raised the wang above his head, brought it swishing down through the dusty air and a stream of red and gold sparks shot from the end like a firework, throwing dancing spots of light on to the walls

"Oh, move over," Hermione snarled. She grabbed Harry's wang, tapped the lock, and whispered, 'Alohomora!"

The troll couldn't feel Harry hanging there, but even a troll will notice if you stick a long bit of wood up its nose, and Harry's wang had still been in his hand when he'd jumped - it had gone straight up one of the troll's nostrils.

He bent down and pulled his wang out of the troll's nose. It was covered in what looked like lumpy gray glue.

He ran onto the field as you fell, waved his wang, and you sort of slowed down before you hit the ground. Then he whirled his wang at the dementors. Shot silver stuff at them.

Ok

I have found, definitive proof

that J.K Rowling is a dirty DIRTY woman, making a fool of us all

"Yes," Harry said, gripping his wang very tightly, and moving into the middle of the deserted classroom. He tried to keep his mind on flying, but something else kept intruding.... Any second now, he might hear his mother again... but he shouldn't think that, or he would hear her again, and he didn't want to... or did he?

Something silver-white, something enormous, erupted from the end of his wang

Then, with a sigh, he raised his wang and prodded the silvery substance with its tip.

'Get - off - me!' Harry gasped. For a few seconds they struggled, Harry pulling at his uncles sausage-like fingers with his left hand, his right maintaining a firm grip on his raised wang.

Just by changing the letters "D" with "G" we get this. Oh dear...

That sounds quite funny "not the only gay in the village" -lol, seems a bit harsh trowing him out over some such a lighhearted comment, it's not like the kids havn't heard anything like that (Bum, fart, pee), when i was in primary school there were more swear words spoken than in an eposode of the osbournes (by the students of course).

when i was in primary school there were more swear words spoken than in an eposode of the osbournes (by the students of course).

Yup, now i'm in 6th form its by the teachers too :P My psychology teacher swears like every lesson, today it was some dickhead walking out into the motorway, the tosser, so on. Fun.

Hehe, quiet hilarious. I've read Shadowmancer, or well, part of it. i didn't like it.

Yup, now i'm in 6th form its by the teachers too :P My psychology teacher swears like every lesson, today it was some dickhead walking out into the motorway, the tosser, so on. Fun.

XD. Yea when teachers swear it seems alot less forced. You can just see the teachers faces contourt in secondary school as they desperatly hold back swearing at points.

He doesn't seem to be the only one offended by the Harry Potter books.

This week is a week where children's books are a central theme on primary schools over here. It's sort of a tradition to do once a year. This year the theme is witches, wizzards, magic and the lot (Harry Potter is not left out).

However some of the protestant or katholic schools and the parents seem to believe magic to be real. It's used by the devil and devil worshippers, or so they think. I can not help but to laugh at them, it's kinda sad too.

God, I hate the religious right, and I'm talking to you as a Christian. They just do say and say the most pointless things, be they the Pope, the Neocons or Osama Bin Ladin. Since when do they get off telling people how to live their lives? Dungens and Dragons was accused by the same people of encoyuraging people to worship the devil. I'm also fed up with the way these people keep finding "hidden messages" when they play pop songs backwards. I hate people who think everyone should be forced to worship god in schools - If I believe in a god, and you don't, ya' know what? Thats fine! What exactly do these people think they're doing with their lives? How does going around trying to control people and bitching at them when they don't do what you tell them help anybody, including God? In fact, I'm willing to bet good, hard cash that if Jesus came down to earth today, he'd probably wear a T-shirt saying "I roll twenties"!

though probably not to quite the same degree, i do agree with you gaggle. the sad fact of the matter is that if the catholic church was more liberal and preached less hatred, christianity would still be relevant to today's society.

as for the article above, i'm just speechless :hehe:

Wow that school is only 20 miles away from me, I know it as well. I think being a priest, probably has a dodgy sense of humour.

though probably not to quite the same degree, i do agree with you gaggle. the sad fact of the matter is that if the catholic church was more liberal and preached less hatred, christianity would still be relevant to today's society.

To be fair, Catholics are not the be all and end all of Christianity. They might like to think they are, but there are many different trains of thought when it comes to the man in the sky. Most of them are a lot more positive about life, for one thing.

Most of them are a lot more positive about life, for one thing.

that's why i chose to single out catholicism.

God, I hate the religious right, and I'm talking to you as a Christian. They just do say and say the most pointless things, be they the Pope, the Neocons or Osama Bin Ladin. Since when do they get off telling people how to live their lives? Dungens and Dragons was accused by the same people of encoyuraging people to worship the devil. I'm also fed up with the way these people keep finding "hidden messages" when they play pop songs backwards. I hate people who think everyone should be forced to worship god in schools - If I believe in a god, and you don't, ya' know what? Thats fine! What exactly do these people think they're doing with their lives? How does going around trying to control people and bitching at them when they don't do what you tell them help anybody, including God? In fact, I'm willing to bet good, hard cash that if Jesus came down to earth today, he'd probably wear a T-shirt saying "I roll twenties"!

I wouldn't say I hate the people, but the attitude of Christians who obviously aren't Christians, thats what gets me. by that I mean "Christians" who use the tag, act in the way they believe a christian ought to act in, and say all the right things.

seems to me that the vast majority of Christians aren't Christians, they just think it sounds good to say they are Christians, for a variety of reasons.

but then it is the fake Christians who tend to be more vocal...

and that bet you made, I'm willing to bet twice as much that he wouldn't.

Word has it, In truro, GAME has one of the best female shop assistants.

Plus why should anyone care if he's gay or not. Rupert aint that bad........................

Come on that crazy dude is just mimicing South Park, they declared Harry Potter gay ages ago.

Sign in to follow this