NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
mcj metroid

Games that break your controllers!

Haha...Mercenaries is easy :heh:

yes but the 5'th time I beat both dual blade chainsaw wielding fiends.. with Leon (the wuss) and still just needed about 2 points to get that last star that was it for me... it was either drop the game or drop my GameCube out of my window... (need a good finishing line)... "mercenaries with Leon (the wuss) turned into my own personal Vietnam"

and no.. my xbox controller would have been blown to pieces by now had I given it the same treatment my GameCube one got

You people are damn irrational. I can't think of any justifiable reason to purposely destroy a controller.

I bought a Sega Mega Drive controller, one with 6 buttons instead of 3, and the A B and C buttons broke on the one, I still have no idea how that happened.

Apart from that I;ve never broken any controllers, but my cousin's PSOne controller had all of the plastic insulator taken off the wire somehow, and my friend Hayley's Gamecube controller had a bite mark on it :wtf:

What do you people do to your controllers? Hell I've found buses easier to break than controllers.

Ah, I remember the time I got into a harumph trying to finish F-Zero story mode. Those poor school children...

I actually broke a controller somehow on MM, because I did the stick swirly spin attack alot(which does consume magic but is the same as the lower one that does), I was doing it in the stone temple when suddenly my stick just got 'stuck' in one direction, I couldn't fix it at all by recalibrating it in weird positions. I was real upset, because it'd been with me throughout the game, was competition pro and had turbo/auto switches just like my beloved snes controller! Speaking of that snes controller, the B button on it has worn a bit thin through overuse :s

I once snapped a SNES controller clean in half. I believe the game was called X-Men and Spiderman, or something like that. It's terrible, if you haven't heard of it, you're better off than I am. And all my 64 controllers eventually died, but I can't remember how.

Football games while im drunk. I lobbed an Xbox controller out a window once at a mates house after loosing a game of Pro Evo :red:

oh, wait this is the retro forum...

Street Fighter 2 - i ripped the wire out of the controler after my little brother beat for the 20th time in a row via Dhalsim's flying kick move

1x Atari joystick on Daley Thompsons Decathlon on the spectrum

2x Quickshot II on Yie ar kung fu on the C64,

I managed to calm down after that with the Amiga by owning 1 joystick for the complete run of the system (possibly because I had a Quickshot II pro job that was microswitched an had a reinforced metal shaft).

The last pad I 'broke' was the SNES pads right shoulder button on Street Fighter II turbo...

well I wrecked tons of joysticks on the old C64.. but then I got the best joystick EVER... The Arcade

On Wednesday I damaged my PS2 controller after a very frustrating game on Pro Evo 6.

No way am I losing to Middlesbrough! Sod off with that! :angry:

Mario Party games have done the most damage to my controllers. N64, I have the original grey controller still functional but the stick is badly worn out, the GC controllers, just a few marks, have lasted quite well...

Sign in to follow this