NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
mcj metroid

Games that break your controllers!

Any game that lost you a few controllers?i lost about four with street fighter 2 on mega drive.Lot more on the smackdown games for ps1 and ps2.inntense!

For gamecube: timesplitters and smash bros. They really fuck up your analogue sticks, have lost 4 controllers to them.

For ps2: ATHENS!!!!!!

I lost a Gamecube controller to PSO, holding up too much on the analogue I guess. I think my Wavebird's about to die too.

I must have broken at least 3 joysticks from wriggling out of the situation shown in the screenshot below on Kung Fu Master on the Commodore 64.

pic5ro5eb8.jpg

The control stick on the N64 controller became weary and loose after so many games.

I broke the "Z" button after a frustrating time on SSBM.

I broke THREE PS2 controllers while playing Pro Evo 4 & 5. The first one, L2 stopped working and the casing was broken. The second, the casing broke and the X button was jammed. The third, the casing cracked and the rumble stopped working. The fourth controller now has cracked casing, but that wasn't my fault.

I broke one Xbox controller after I fell on it, (oh, yes.) My knee crashed into an analogue stick and it broke. Another controller has broken casing and rattles due to Burnout 3 not actually being that good as some might say.

I dropped an Xbox 360 controller, it smacked off the corner of the table and landed buttons-down on the floor, when I picked it up, the right analogue was broken, this involved taking the Xbox 360 back to the place of purchase in order to get it exchange, this involved starting Saints Row all over again. Not good.

The main game culprit is Pro Evo 4 & 5. So I must be careful when playing Pro Evo 6 on Xbox 360 when I get it.

For gamecube: timesplitters and smash bros. They really fuck up your analogue sticks, have lost 4 controllers to them.

For ps2: ATHENS!!!!!!

Yeah, I've lost 2 to Smash Bros...

I broke the "Z" button after a frustrating time on SSBM.

:wtf:

I broke a joystick on one of the tiger woods games (2003 I think). It was during a round of speed golf. It was the first time I'd used the controller.

:wtf:

The 'Z' Button fell out the controller after I threw it on the floor after SSBM got on my man boobs. :wink:

Mario Party was hard on my N64 controllers.

As for breaking any... hmm... playing my mate, Zidane, on Prevo at his I threw the dirty Playstation 2 controller on othe ground in disgust. It didnt smash but it became... slightly... unresponsive. He didnt make me buy a new one though, I think he said it was old anyway, phew.

I broke my CDTV left controller button holding it down to get more speed in lotus turbo challenge! what a game :) Got a replacement from dixons at the time.

CDTV controller = poo

It was a big mistake playing Donkey Konga with my wavebird... yeah yeah i know i was supposed to use the bongos. The control stick got loose.. so it would just fall off center :cry:

I lost the rubber on the analouge stick for my Gamecube controller. I was also playing smash brothers

I have smashed 1 N64 controller due to .. resident evil 2 I think it was... but that was in frustration over some stupid gameplay element.. I crippled a ps2 controller in frustration over a car race in San Andreas.. boy did i feel stupid afterwards..

I lost a GC controller to Viewtiful Joe, and an XBox one to Ninja Gaiden (Alma), both by throwing them across the room.

It was a big mistake playing Donkey Konga with my wavebird... yeah yeah i know i was supposed to use the bongos. The control stick got loose.. so it would just fall off center :cry:

I've never understood why they didn't programme the drums to be L & R rather than left & right.

the Gamecube controller is by far the most solid.. mine has some dents but nothing more.. and that says a lot considering the RAGE I threw when I tried to beat the "Mercenaries" in RE4

the Gamecube controller is by far the most solid.. mine has some dents but nothing more.. and that says a lot considering the RAGE I threw when I tried to beat the "Mercenaries" in RE4

i think xbox ones are more solid.my gamecube ones suffer from the off centres anologue sticks.it keeps holding down.Never had trouble with xbox...ps2 ones are a joke

Haha...Mercenaries is easy :heh:

Also: Gamecube controllers do suffer from wobbly analog sticks. Have you ever tried to play a cube in a store like Gamestation or HMV? They're always off center, it's not as bad as PS2 controllers though, on my original ones, a few buttons are broken, the analog sticks and D pad are busted and the shoulder buttons caved in. Not exactly good quality.

What do you people do to your controllers? Hell I've found buses easier to break than controllers.

Both my N64 controllers died due to INTENSE Goldeneye playing, and I've lost one Gamecube one too, I think this was mainly a Timesplitters issue!

games dont break my controllers my friends almost break my controllers (not to mention my cube)

500 posts

Sign in to follow this