NEurope
Tellyn

24 Official Thread *Season 7 Trailer Inside!*

Yeah, just got series 1 on dvd, watched the first 2 episodes, and being a 24 virgin its quite good.

icon_neutral.gif

I know...as much as I proclaim my 24 elitist attitude and rank, I've only seen 3/5 seasons.

Just read this on IMDB

A group of Muslim activists who challenged 24 bosses over the show's portrayal of Islamic terrorists two seasons ago are attacking the program again. Officials at the Council on American-Islamic Relations met with producers back in 2005 when the 24 plot revolved around Muslim fundamentalists, and now they're upset again because the new season seems to portray members of their religion in the same shady light. Council spokesman Rabiah Ahmed says, "The overwhelming impression you get is fear and hatred for Muslims. After watching the premiere, I was afraid to go to the grocery store because I wasn't sure the person next to me would be able to differentiate between fiction and reality." The activists urged the show's bosses to meet with them again, but this time only succeeded in bringing them around a table for a conference call. Following original meetings in 2005, 24 star Kiefer Sutherland appeared in a TV commercial urging viewers not to assume all Muslims were like the terrorists portrayed in his series.

Just read this on IMDB

It's all for attention, really. But I guess that Fox had to cover their hides and at least let the public know there'sa difference between real life and 24 [As much as some people wouldn't like there to be :P]!

After watching the premiere, I was afraid to go to the grocery store because I wasn't sure the person next to me would be able to differentiate between fiction and reality.
That's pretty funny, I would like to meet the person who considers 24 to be a documentary.

It's all irrelevant anyway, as far as I'm aware they don't (and have never) specifically named the religion of the terrorists in any season of 24. The main baddie in Season 3 was a British former MI-6 agent, maybe we should complain.

Fuck, just realised I locked this by accident. I was trying to lock a Nintendork comedy goldmine thread and the thread moved down as it was loading, sorry!

I'm still waiting on my aid package of 24.. :(

Fuck, just realised I locked this by accident. I was trying to lock a Nintendork comedy goldmine thread and the thread moved down as it was loading, sorry!

I'm still waiting on my aid package of 24.. :(

Silly Banned User! :P

I had no idea our man Bashir was in season 6.

I must catch up icon_neutral.gif

Yeah I was well happy to see him in it. Also love the Sig Yamcha, even though I wasnt the biggest fan of that movie.

Everytime I see a new post here it gets me more and more hyped.

The best way to end the weekend, withouta doubt.

That's pretty funny, I would like to meet the person who considers 24 to be a documentary.

It's all irrelevant anyway, as far as I'm aware they don't (and have never) specifically named the religion of the terrorists in any season of 24. The main baddie in Season 3 was a British former MI-6 agent, maybe we should complain.

Season 2? They raided a mosque lol.

Although after that they don't mention the religion.

The advert for the 24 DVDs is absolutely spoileriffic. Couldn't believe some of the shocking crap they shoved into it.

The advert for the 24 DVDs is absolutely spoileriffic. Couldn't believe some of the shocking crap they shoved into it.

I know - though I havn't noticed any spoilers for season 2/3. That said, I havn't seen them so that's probably why. I might have to pick the box set up on Amazon for £19.

Aren't the majority of terrorists Islamic?

Spoilers:

Baltic Europeans/Kosovans

Middle eastern muslims at first, but that was in collaberation with an american white woman, who got indoctrinated

Mexican then as Mike said, an ex mi6 agent

Middle eastern (So Muslim in assumption, although Habib Marwan never really said what he was as far as i recall)

The god damn President, and the bluetooth gang

Middle eastern for now, but the bluetooth gang are most definatly involved.

All of the 24 DVD sets are £17.99 each at Play.com, I've been meaning to buy Season 3 again as my copy has gone AWOL.