NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dog-amoto

PAL component cable and RGB cable available

This doesn't necessarily mean that PAL games will support prog scan, but you can pre-order the RGB and component cables now

I still can't post links yet(been registered ages, but hardly ever post), but you can find it at shop.gameplay .co.uk and search for wii component

Perhaps someone would be so kind as to link?

£21.99 (£3.00 of the recommended retail) shipped free.

No idea if GamePlay lets you edit your pre-order bundle to include this but you can just cancel and re-order or something.

Anyway here you go: Internet GO GO GADGET LINK

I don't even know if games will support this, but if they're gonna start support PAL60 as standard that would be very sexual.. and totally worth the investment.

I imagine most first party titles will do.

Thanks for linking for me Nintendork, hoping to get above 15 posts soon so I can do it myself!!

I preordered the 'Componet Cable' i have HD LCD TV, so i went for the right one didn't i?

Thanks for linking for me Nintendork, hoping to get above 15 posts soon so I can do it myself!!

Just spam this thread up, we don't mind. Post something short after everyone makes a post and you'll be a honoured member in 10 minutes.

So what cable comes with the Wii

I'm lost...bout to buy a new tv and don't know what to get x,x

Curses

Comes with standard AV leads (SCART type), it's good enough and the difference isn't that noticeable unless you have a HDTV.

Ah...was thinkin of puchasing a HDTV soon...my current tv takes an hour or so to turn on...should I get component cables if so?

Comes with standard AV leads (SCART type), it's good enough and the difference isn't that noticeable unless you have a HDTV.

I'm not sure, but I think you'll find that it will come with Composite leads and then a Composite-SCART adapter, like the GameCube did. I think I read on IGN, earlier, that the US is definitely getting the Composite leads in their boxes.

sooooo, tell me if im right:

Wii Component Video Cable = Wii socket to the 3 RGB wires

Wii RGB Cable = Wii socket to scart?

Just spam this thread up, we don't mind. Post something short after everyone makes a post and you'll be a honoured member in 10 minutes.

"You're welcome" would have been nicer you know, jeez! The reason I don't have thousands of posts, even though I've been registered for longer than you have, and for another few years before cube-europe changed over from the xsorbit forums, is because I'm not interested in the amount of posts I have, so posting meaningless things is not my style, I was merely thanking you for linking for me!!

As for the other question, a component cable has 5 plugs(red, yellow, white, blue and green) that plug into the same places as the HD cable that comes with the full fat 360, whereas the RGB is a scart cable, but higher quality(not too sure of the technical aspects of it) A component cable will run games in 480p on PAL60 and 576p on PAL50, RGB will still be interlaced. However, if PAL games do not support progressive scan, then this cable will be pretty much useless and will not provide a better picture.

My point wasn't about being interested in the number of posts you have. It was about being crippled as a forum member from using hyperlinks.

But whatever, don't take it as an offence, I just don't see the point of staying under 15 posts when you could join a discussion for 10 minutes and then have the ability to post hyperlinks if and when you need to.

I wasn't suggesting you spam (literally) just join a conversation.

I see, sorry - misread your earlier post. Feel silly now!! Probably have above 15 posts now cos of this thread!! I do agree with you, it is a silly thing to have to do in order to post hyperlinks - don't understand it myself.

But I digress, has anyone contacted Nintendo Europe to see if the PAL games will support progressive scan yet? If not, I'll send them an email

"You're welcome" would have been nicer you know, jeez! The reason I don't have thousands of posts, even though I've been registered for longer than you have, and for another few years before cube-europe changed over from the xsorbit forums, is because I'm not interested in the amount of posts I have, so posting meaningless things is not my style, I was merely thanking you for linking for me!!

As for the other question, a component cable has 5 plugs(red, yellow, white, blue and green) that plug into the same places as the HD cable that comes with the full fat 360, whereas the RGB is a scart cable, but higher quality(not too sure of the technical aspects of it) A component cable will run games in 480p on PAL60 and 576p on PAL50, RGB will still be interlaced. However, if PAL games do not support progressive scan, then this cable will be pretty much useless and will not provide a better picture.

Incorrect, a component cable is only 3 plugs (green, blue and red), the other two colours (red and yellow) are simply right and left audio, nothing to do with component. Too correct you again, a component cable even if not run in progressive scan mode will still give you a far superior picture to AV or RF, slightly under RGB quality.

Ok, but the official component cable that comes from Nintendo has 5 plugs in total, and two red ones(1 audio 1 component) not a white one. I typed that in wrong!!

What I meant by not provide a better picture was not superior to RGB, worded that one wrong too!! Bad day for me!

:grin:

Nah you need 4 more, it's just there to stop people joining the forums and posting links to credit card scams.

If they did spam 15 messages really quickly a moderator would be on it in no time and IP ban the trouble maker.

It simply protects the internet illiterate who will gladly enter their credit card details to get a free gift.

I haven't got an HD TV, just an (oldish) Toshiba 28" CRT Widescreen, but it does have component inputs which I use with my Cube. Believe me, there is a big difference in quality between Component and Composite.

However, if PAL games do not support progressive scan, then this cable will be pretty much useless and will not provide a better picture.

I'm sure not many of my Cube games support progressive scan, but as already stated above, Component DOES provide a far superior picture over composite.

Sign in to follow this