NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kaxxx

Argos now taking preorders (uk release list)

But don't the gamer centric organisations such as Play.com/Gameplay take your order when it ships?

And don't they offer a wider range of games? Accesories and free delivery that you know is reliable.

It seems to make sense to go with a game retailer than Argos.. but it's your money.

I don't know why I'm attacking Argos.. I love the Argos catalogue :P

But don't the gamer centric organisations such as Play.com/Gameplay take your order when it ships?

And don't they offer a wider range of games? Accesories and free delivery that you know is reliable.

It seems to make sense to go with a game retailer than Argos.. but it's your money.

I don't know why I'm attacking Argos.. I love the Argos catalogue :P

Pro's for pre-ordering at Argos

• When placing your order it tells you if it's 'in stock' so you will definatly get one
  • Save £10 or £20 if you buy one or 2 games with it
  • Get a £10 gift card

Con's

• £4.95 delivery
  • Not all games are available to buy
  • Not all accesories are available to buy either
  • You have to pay when you pre-order

I got 2 games for £29.99 and £10 gift card, plus 10% staff discount so for me it was the only way to go. Plus the fact that i now have ZERO chance of not getting a Wii on launch is a pretty nice feeling :hehe:

On a side note, To anyone who has worries about not getting their console on launch day if they pre-order from Argos have a look at this http://www.argos-email.co.uk/preregister/wii/

Argos will contact you in the week prior to launch to arrange delivery of your order.

Argos will then deliver direct to you on the day of launch.

If you guys want a Component cable for your Wii ... drag your asses over to Gameplay as they have just added so new stuff, including this.

Thanks for the heads-up, just preordered a RGB cable. :)

There seems to be quite a few Third Party missing though!

- Ubisoft 7 (I thought they were all supposed to be launch games?)

- Marvel Ultimate Alliance

- Super Swing Golf Pangya

- Madden 07

- Spongebob

- Barnyard

- Rampage

- Pinball

weren't alot of those meant to be launch games?

You're forgetting that we're in Europe.... The Wii's probably not gonna get Blazing Angels either....and definately not Metal Slug :(

You're forgetting that we're in Europe.... The Wii's probably not gonna get Blazing Angels either....and definately not Metal Slug :(

SNK has nearly always* released its titles on Europe, but its going to take some time before they do that. So I wouldn't really worry about it. And I would be really surprised that Ubisoft wouldn't release Blazing Angels here. That would be their first "US only" title.

* Samurai Shodown V was exception to the rule for some reason.

weren't alot of those meant to be launch games?

Launch window games. And people really should understand before drawing any hasty conclusions that Argos's list only has games that will be released on same day with the Wii. For example, when Xbox 360 was launched, lots of titles that were promised to be available on launch day came couple of days later.

Thanks Smowza. You have sufficiently persuaded me to get mine from there. :bouncy:

And now you've both convinced me to go with Argos too :smile:

Except there was a power cut on my street at exactly at the point I clicked to complete my order. And now I don't know if I've ordered or not!! :(

Just how unlucky is that?

Thanks Smowza. You have sufficiently persuaded me to get mine from there. :bouncy:

And now you've both convinced me to go with Argos too :smile:

Except there was a power cut on my street at exactly at the point I clicked to complete my order. And now I don't know if I've ordered or not!! :(

Well if you've now pre-ordered from Argos then you have no worries, oh and davech if you ring customer services they can check for you if you give them your name and postcode etc.

My store has now taken 4 pre-orders for Wii, all staff btw.

Argh! Have you considered improving your button-pressing style so as not to cause power outages in your street in future?

I'd do as Smowza suggested. You should have got a confirmation email too.

Argh! Have you considered improving your button-pressing style so as not to cause power outages in your street in future?

I'd do as Smowza suggested. You should have got a confirmation email too.

LOL! I did wonder why the button was marked "National Grid - do not touch"...

I've sent those nice Argos chappies an email via their website. Hopefully it'll get sorted out before their allocation runs out.

Sign in to follow this