NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kaxxx

Argos now taking preorders (uk release list)

Get an order in with Argos today. They guarantee a console as they have been told by Nintendo the exact amount of consoles being provided to them.

£5 more due to delivery cost but you recieve a £10 Argos voucher on orders over £100. Just got mine in.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...2Bconsoles.htm

Release List

Well the ones availble to buy now on Argos. They have held off on release any Wii details until confirmation came through from Nintendo.

Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Rayman- Raving Rabbits

Super Monkey Ball

Far Cry 2006

GT Pro Series

Twilight Princess

Cars

Need for Speed Carbon

Red Steel

Call of Duty 3

Tony Hawks Downhill Jam

Nintendo WII Play (inc Remote)

Super FruitFall

super fruitfall?

how come we only get 13 games?

I guess we do have alot of franchises though, something that tends to be unseen on launches. good to see less shitty party games than i expected.

I knew we wouldnt get Excite Truck :sad: oh well

Oh and Flame.. there will be more than 13 most likely because argos wont stock them all.

how come we only get 13 games?

Remember that Argos's list only contains games that will be released same day with the Wii, not those that, for example, come out week after launch.

This just made me think... all those people who might be waiting for Amazon to start pre-orders should keep there eyes on there site.. because it should happen soon as the shops must now know how many Wii's there getting.

Thats not the launch list is it? Wheres Marvel Alliance? Trauma Centre? Excite Truck?

Argos have 1 pre-order (just gave them a call)

They don't charge you until it is delivered.. but there is going to be 2 days delivery (even with that £5 charge) and there is no option to get it faster.

Personally I'm not going to bother with them online.. better to do it in store.

Thats not the launch list is it? Wheres Marvel Alliance? Trauma Centre? Excite Truck?

ExciteTruck will not be an EU launch game. Not sure about the other two.

Argos have 1 pre-order (just gave them a call)

They don't charge you until it is delivered.. but there is going to be 2 days delivery (even with that £5 charge) and there is no option to get it faster.

Personally I'm not going to bother with them online.. better to do it in store.

Sorry your wrong on two points here:

1) Argos (online) take your money staight away, payment for mine has already been taken.

2) The console IS delivered on the release day. Obviously you havent bought from them before on a console release. My 360 arrived on release day at 9am.

That needed to be said as you just made that stuff up.

I got my pre-order in at work (Argos) today. You get £10 off one game or £20 if you buy 2 games with the console (games are £39.99) and you get a £10 gift card too. If the order goes through then you are 100% guaranteed to get a console, they have added the consoles to their central stock system so once an order is placed it takes one off their stock amount. I got a 360 the exact same way and it came on launch day. I'm happy :)

My pre-order:

Wii with Wii sports

Zelda

Red steel

I plan on using my gift card towards a classic controller :)

ONE Nintendo game!! ONE!! that's rediculous!! (not including Wii Play)

Nintendo had better get a second wave of games out quickly, because IMO;

Nintendo Wii Play and Super Fruitfall don't even count as games and Cars is just rubbish! as probably is GT Pro Series!!

You could say ZERO nintendo games at launch... Zelda TP should have been a cube game.

If you guys want a Component cable for your Wii ... drag your asses over to Gameplay as they have just added so new stuff, including this.

How can you not include Wii play when it is the second Nintendo game? The third is Wii Sports. Plus, there are so many great 3rd parties out. It's an amazing launch lineup and it gives 3rd parties some opportunity. Plus, you forget Zelda is the BEST launch game ever.

If you guys want a Component cable for your Wii ... drag your asses over to Gameplay as they have just added so new stuff, including this.

what cable does it come with again?

How can you not include Wii play when it is the second Nintendo game? The third is Wii Sports. Plus, there are so many great 3rd parties out. It's an amazing launch lineup and it gives 3rd parties some opportunity. Plus, you forget Zelda is the BEST launch game ever.
I'm not including Wii Play because it's not really a game, just a collection of a few mini-games (at best)! It's just something free to give away with the Wii-mote to help people understand the whole Wii concept better!

The Third isn't Wii Sports because it's bundled with the console and is therefore not a launch game to choose from!

Yes there are some great Third party games, but there are a number of rubbish and rushed games aswell!

Yes, but Zelda is a bluetiful game.

*tumbleweed*

Ahem, on the flipside, Nintendo are finally giving a fair number of third parties a good crack at establishing themselves on the Wii.

I think the fact that there are few first party games at launch is a very good thing, it means they can spread out releases and have no droughts of decent games like the cube had

Sorry your wrong on two points here:

1) Argos (online) take your money staight away, payment for mine has already been taken.

2) The console IS delivered on the release day. Obviously you havent bought from them before on a console release. My 360 arrived on release day at 9am.

That needed to be said as you just made that stuff up.

I spoke to a humanoid, which immediately outweighs your 'personal experience' with Argos.

On the phone the man (named Ian) said I won't be charged until the day it ships, on top of that they said it will be shipping on the day the console launches (I asked specifically) and they said estimated delivery is 2 days.

I have no reason to make things up, there is no personal benefit to me.. I'm just ordering in store because of that. At least then I can pick it up at 9:00am on December 8th without having to worry about couriers.

Many retailers do ship stuff early.. I am aware of this seeing as or from Amazon regularly and I subscribe to EDGE. Which I recieve 1-2 days before it's release.. but what his computer said is ships December 8th.

I think the fact that there are few first party games at launch is a very good thing, it means they can spread out releases and have no droughts of decent games like the cube had

Exactly...

Excitetruck in January, Wario Ware in February, Metroid Prime 3 in March and then the likes of Mario Strikers, DK: Bongo Blast, Paper Mario 2 Project Hammer, Mario Galaxy, Big Brain Academy, BWii and of course, Smash Bros to follow across the course of the year.

A constant stream of top quality Nintendo first party games - Twilight Princess is supposedly a long game that will most likely last us until the next first party release and the likes of Wii Play/Sports will keep us occupied inbetween. Not to mention that some of the third party launch window games look excellent. Hopefully we won't go short of quality titles at any time in the Wii's lifespan. :)

I spoke to a humanoid, which immediately outweighs your 'personal experience' with Argos.

On the phone the man (named Ian) said I won't be charged until the day it ships, on top of that they said it will be shipping on the day the console launches (I asked specifically) and they said estimated delivery is 2 days.

I have no reason to make things up, there is no personal benefit to me.. I'm just ordering in store because of that. At least then I can pick it up at 9:00am on December 8th without having to worry about couriers.

Many retailers do ship stuff early.. I am aware of this seeing as or from Amazon regularly and I subscribe to EDGE. Which I recieve 1-2 days before it's release.. but what his computer said is ships December 8th.

The chances of the guy being wrong are very very high... believe me. Argos are pants when it comes to briefing staff, he will be going by a little leaflet that was sent out to all stores which says delivery will be from launch day but it's not very clear at all.

With my 360 it came at about 10 o'clock on launch day and it was done in the same way the Wii has been planned.

Oh and the money is taken when you pre-order, NOT when it ships so he's wrong on that one. Thats why i've already paid for my Wii :)

There seems to be quite a few Third Party missing though!

- Ubisoft 7 (I thought they were all supposed to be launch games?)

- Marvel Ultimate Alliance

- Super Swing Golf Pangya

- Madden 07

- Spongebob

- Barnyard

- Rampage

- Pinball

weren't alot of those meant to be launch games?

Sign in to follow this