NEurope
The Bard

Life of A Pro Nerd :p

One of you sounds like Jeremy from PP

Yeah Benjie is the biggest PP fan on the planet. He's a stones throw from actually being teh_pwnerer. It's pretty scary actually...

Anyway, yeah, seeing as its the holidays, we will be getting a shitload of vids of us playing various games for your viewing pleasure.

On a side note; Ben are you still pissed off or was that me being paranoid in my drunken stupor :heh:??

Edit: Just to clarify in the vids, I'm the asian dude with long hair. :D

Yeah Benjie is the biggest PP fan on the planet. He's a stones throw from actually being teh_pwnerer. It's pretty scary actually...

Anyway, yeah, seeing as its the holidays, we will be getting a shitload of vids of us playing various games for your viewing pleasure.

On a side note; Ben are you still pissed off or was that me being paranoid in my drunken stupor :heh:??

Edit: Just to clarify in the vids, I'm the asian dude with long hair. :D

hee i am a massive fan of purepwnage, i ws liek toaly pwnin up rl b4 ne1 had herd of fps_doug:grin:

rofl

on a reply to the bard: i was pissed off because you got us kicked out of Rileys and almost banned! But we're not banned so its cool and im not pissed off anymore.

btw if you notice the title of this thread 'life of a pro nerd :P' is a parody of episode 1 of purepwnage 'life of a pro gamer' :D

hee i am a massive fan of purepwnage, i ws liek toaly pwnin up rl b4 ne1 had herd of fps_doug:grin:

rofl

on a reply to the bard: i was pissed off because you got us kicked out of Rileys and almost banned! But we're not banned so its cool and im not pissed off anymore.

Eh, no I didn't, we got kicked out because our time on the pool table had run out and they could tell we were fucking pissed...I shouldn't have gotten that double baileys...:(...anyway...I'm sowwy...I'll have less next time...:)

Besides...going to a bar and not getting kicked out is like...not rock nd roll man...:p

On a side note, when are we getting these vids filmed??

Hey guys, long time since our last video, and well, I just got one of the best games of all time: Street Fighter: 3rd Strike on import for PS2. First thoughts: Oh my god, it's so different from Hyper Fighting, me and ben are totally pro at that game, but this totally threw us. Anyway, were having fun getting to tournament level with this, which we're totally serious about, putting a good few hours into it everyday. Heres our first video. I play as Ken, Ben as Ryu. Oh, one of the many reasons I'm kicking his ass so bad is cause I'm using a proper arcade stick and he used an ordinary PS2 pad. Anyway, some wicked parries from me, second round wasn't so hot... :heh: here: enjoy...

Street Fighter 3rd Strike Match 1: Ken (Bard) Vs Ryu (thebenmaster)

Ken: Stop using F. Shoryuken! I'd tell you to combo into your super, but you seem to hit him with it anyway, which really says something about that Ryu.

Ryu: In the future, I suggest Shinkuu for your super, as Shin Shoryuken is very hard to land without using a combo, and the damage reduction when you do is ridiculous. Ken was being incredibly predictable with all those sweep kicks, you should have taken advantage of that and parried -> EX tatsumaki or something. (My Ryu isn't to good, I can't remember any of his chains.)

I'm aware I'm being way too critical seems as how you only just got the game, but you say you want to reach tournament level, and right now you're nowhere near ready for that. If you're serious about becoming pro as soon as you can, look no further than Ken or Chun. Both are extremely viable choices, and are relatively easy to use compared to what you get out of them, unlike Makoto or Yun, who are both just as good, but would take a lot longer to master. But then again, what do I know, I play Q.

I found your drunken antics funnier than the gaming vids, this should just be a thread for such videos :)

Ken: Stop using F. Shoryuken! I'd tell you to combo into your super, but you seem to hit him with it anyway, which really says something about that Ryu.

Ryu: In the future, I suggest Shinkuu for your super, as Shin Shoryuken is very hard to land without using a combo, and the damage reduction when you do is ridiculous. Ken was being incredibly predictable with all those sweep kicks, you should have taken advantage of that and parried -> EX tatsumaki or something. (My Ryu isn't to good, I can't remember any of his chains.)

I'm aware I'm being way too critical seems as how you only just got the game, but you say you want to reach tournament level, and right now you're nowhere near ready for that. If you're serious about becoming pro as soon as you can, look no further than Ken or Chun. Both are extremely viable choices, and are relatively easy to use compared to what you get out of them, unlike Makoto or Yun, who are both just as good, but would take a lot longer to master. But then again, what do I know, I play Q.

Trust us, this was basically our first match after we went on parrying training, and in the excitement of it all we were just messing around (as you can see from the continuous sweeps :heh:, which I usually NEVER use), we're a lot better than that, I've learnt how to combo into my super now, next time he comes round we'll put up better videos, a hell of a lot better, I've just been learning specific parries for the supers, this vid really doesn't show us at anywhere near as good as we are, expecially seeing as we play mostly Hyper Fighting.

But then what do you know...you play as Q...:heh: (kidding) Anyway, it's a lot different to the street fighter we know, and any tips from you would be great :).

I've never seen the advantage of an arcade stick. care to enlighten me?

As soon as you start getting properly into 2D fighters you'll see the difference, a hell of a lot easier for combos and dragonpunch motions etc. Try playing Guilty Gear X2 or Capcom VS SNK with a PS2 pad and then an arcade stick, the difference is night and day.

Oh my god, that video actually makes us look so bad...lol...ah well, more coming soon!!

You're a dick bard why did you only put up the vid of where i play awful on, why not put the others on where they are actually fun to watch and i don't play like a fucking n00b!

grrr

You're a dick bard why did you only put up the vid of where i play awful on, why not put the others on where they are actually fun to watch and i don't play like a fucking n00b!

grrr

Thats the one we recorded in school, it's the only one I had on camera. It's pretty shitty, but meh, can't say I care.

2 things,

Its often better to use a joypad over an arcade stick from my experiance and i mean that honestly.

And watching your videos? Me and Domstercool are far better, not boasting... we've just been playing Third strike for years.

Since this video ive learnt how to combo the shin shoryuken quite effectively, normally a couple of weak hits leading into it a bam, half health just disappears.

And watching your videos? Me and Domstercool are far better, not boasting... we've just been playing Third strike for years.

It'd be cool to see some of your videos if you have any. We already are much better than that video and we will get better still just give us some time:heh:

2 things,

Its often better to use a joypad over an arcade stick from my experiance and i mean that honestly.

Read all of the above, this is just us fucking about seeing as we'd never played the game before, didn't know the priorities and lags of the moves etc, but we'd gladly take you on and kick your ass at hyper fighting ;).

Indeed, i'm not great at SF II': Hyper Fighting... I'll openly admit that.

Its very rare i'd get so good at a specific game though, that doesn't happen often.

To be truly pro, you must pwn all games.

Please say you were being sarcastic...

How do you drink that fast?..

When I drink I can't just let the liquid falll down my throat I have to gulp. :(

Ooo twas okay, still better than all the people at goron's "snesfest".

If you guys are posting more vids I might have to start making more, I've come on a bit, definately tournament level in UK. Was going to go to one in fact, if someone hadn't have pussied out.

Ooo twas okay, still better than all the people at goron's "snesfest".

If you guys are posting more vids I might have to start making more, I've come on a bit, definately tournament level in UK. Was going to go to one in fact, if someone hadn't have pussied out.

They must be really bad if you think we're better going on that video :laughing: Hehe, trust me, we're a lot better than that, this was just a piss about, next few videos are coming soon, you'll see then ;).

Oh, and feel free to post videos of you two playing smash here aswell :)

How do you drink that fast?..

When I drink I can't just let the liquid falll down my throat I have to gulp. :(

Yeah, I can chug pretty good...practice makes perfect ;).

Okay, my mate came over yesterday and we recorded one fight using his phone. Sound quality is okay, picture quality is crap and for some reason it is mirrored (?) so at the start you will see !oG rather than Go!

Pissabout fight

I'm falcon. The Ice Climbers person is a bit of a n00b. Please note I'm not the one who made the girlish scream.

That was pretty good.

Frickin amazing Falcon play with the knee combo zomg!

Ice climbers were a bit n00bish though it took time for them to get that last kill.

You figure out why its all backwards?