NEurope
scubahood

Should the veil be banned?

i have nothing against muslims or what ever but as long as what they do doesn't effect me than i am happy. Problem is i am being force fed all this bullshit about us having to accept the muslem way of life, but who is force feeding them to say they must accept our way of life? no one. it is very unfair imo and i think we should make a stand and say ban it. this is britain and no bradford is not the true capital of pakistan.

i am so angry.

My point was that many things can be interpreted as a potential safety risk, however, they rarely are. The liklihood is that terrorists will not wear such clothing as it draws attention to yourself - which is why the London bombers wore western clothing. Just as muggers dont put on their balaclava until a moments before commiting their crime. My point is that people who wear veils for long periods are almost never going to be comitting crimes as the veil draws too much attention.

That's cos most of them had been brought up here too.

Plus, a bag is a practical piece of equipment, a hat, helmet etc isnt unless in certain situations

gravity doesn't bind the galaxy together?

how do you explain planents moving around other planets

Yes. It does.

I would explain, but it's probably far too complicated for your fragile lil mind.

Well, a Census does provide some vaulable information and statistics about the country that need to be gathered. And an everyday census - they exist...?

Put Jedi as your religion on a job/UCAS form, let's see how far that'll get you in life.

Don't be an arse, I put everyday in whatsits ('s) because I din't mean everyday...And it doesn't NEED to be gatherd, if the govt actually took account for everyone who was here etc they wouldn't need them.

Okay, I will put Jedi if I feel like being one, but I'm sure if I put Christian it still wouldn't get me as far as saying I'm Muslim.:hmm:

Put Jedi as your religion on a job/UCAS form, let's see how far that'll get you in life.

That's like I was saying before. Why shouldn't people have jedi as their religion? After all a religion is a set of beliefs. If someone believes in the jedi way then they should have a right to have that as their religion. We are supposed to accept other religions but people won't accept jedi.

That's like I was saying before. Why shouldn't people have jedi as their religion? After all a religion is a set of beliefs. If someone believes in the jedi way then they should have a right to have that as their religion. We are supposed to accept other religions but people won't accept jedi.

Becuase it is a set of beliefs given to you by the man who made this abomination

JAR-JAR.JPG

Enough said I think. Quite literally in jar jars case.

My Opinion? I can't have one, I don't know nearly enough about this topic to say anything.

Meh. Doesn't stop anyone else from having one.

If anyone comes to the UK, they should respect our countries beliefs, rules and decisions.

Its the same if an english woman goes to Iraq and goes outside they have to be fully covered up.

That's basically what I think. If it were the other way around, and someone from our country went to a mid-eastern country and didn't respect our beliefs, they would get shot. I'm not suggesting we shoot anyone with a veil, but, like said, If anyone comes to the UK, they should respect our countries beliefs, rules and decisions

Also, personally, I think the veil is holding back intergration within our communities, and we don't want that. Not in this day and age.

Don't be an arse, I put everyday in whatsits ('s) because I din't mean everyday...And it doesn't NEED to be gatherd, if the govt actually took account for everyone who was here etc they wouldn't need them.

Okay, I will put Jedi if I feel like being one, but I'm sure if I put Christian it still wouldn't get me as far as saying I'm Muslim.:hmm:

I cba explaining it anymore, google the census and you'll see why its used. And yeah, put Jedi, dares ya.

Maybe becuase its a set of films, the latter three being pure shite.

Becuase it is a set of beliefs given to you by the man who made this abomination

JAR-JAR.JPG

Enough said I think. Quite literally in jar jars case.

Thankyou!

Why don't we put them in a purpose built community on a man made isle in the middle of the antlantic ocean.

Seen as a few of the extremists think they could live without technology created in the west.

I've decided to stop following this thread as clearly some of the people posting aren't even reading what they are saying, let alone anyone else.

all these haters of the west driving their cars watching TV, surfing the net. What has the west ever done for them? tell me that.

p.s. i know some of you are slow on the uptake so to clarify that is sarcasm

I don't think veils should be banned totally. I think if a woman wants to wear a veil, why should anyone stop her? Certainly they shouldn't be forced to wear them, but banning clothing is just stupid. I wonder how many people here who are calling for a ban got up in arms when there was talk of banning hoodies.

The difference is that none of the other religions were started by a completely fucking retarded Internet campaign to try and bait the Government into recognising a sci-fi police force as an official religion.

I don't think veils should be banned totally. I think if a woman wants to wear a veil, why should anyone stop her? Certainly they shouldn't be forced to wear them, but banning clothing is just stupid. I wonder how many people here who are calling for a ban got up in arms when there was talk of banning hoodies.

But wearing the hood of a hoodie up is banned where i live when you want to go into a shop, public buildings etc. etc

All im saying is i want the same for the veil as it is choice to wear it rather than mandatory.

Im not saying it should be banned completely, that would be stupid.

I cba explaining it anymore, google the census and you'll see why its used. And yeah, put Jedi, dares ya.

They're used for exactly what I thought, maybe you should rethink your argument, as I said just about keeping score of everyone in the country anyway in the 1st place.

No, I don't lie when I don't have to.

all these haters of the west driving their cars watching TV, surfing the net. What has the west ever done for them? tell me that.

p.s. i know some of you are slow on the uptake so to clarify that is sarcasm

Yeah...The Taliban should really start using sticks if they want us to not find them hypocritical, psycho, dickheads.

What?!?!?

Why can't this county just take steps forward, and stop stepping backwards all the time??

You know...they're thinking of putting mussles on Police Dogs to protect the 'rights' of the criminal.

"You couldn't make it up"

So the teacher lost. Bloody good decision if you ask me. However she did win £1,100 from the council for victimising her during the court case.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/6066726.stm

They fucked up- didn't follow procedure.

Also, veil talk should be banned.

According to The Guardian, she won- http://www.guardian.co.uk/religion/Story/0,,1926667,00.html?=rss

Liberal Berks.

It's an individual choice. Noone has any right to disallow it, but at the same time, I think it's fucking stupid, it has nothing to do with religion, I would know, most of my family are Muslim.

Thank god, I'm not muslim (father is Sikh and my mum is hindu and for my whole life I have been attending roman catholic schools) anyway with all that I have a few muslim friends and I hate all this talk saying "islam enforces woman to wear it" or "its apart of the faith". I know that the hijab is understandable and not only apart of the muslim faith but also the catholic faith but anyway that a different story. I'll just get to my point, over in pakistan/afghanistan etc woman who wear this is a sign a sign of oppression! Over here they don't need to wear it (as their is no oppression) yet they do, why? Is it because they WANT to different?

Muslim woman do NOT need to wear it, they choose to wear it! Why? I think the ones who do either want attention and/or to be different. I work with muslims, muslims who know their own faith and I asked them the question and one said "At the end of the day it is up to them but I think those ninjas do take it too far" and every other muslim agreed but then maybe there is a difference between the generation who were brought up in the UK and the ones who came here as workers back in the day.

Again I think that they should remove the veil but I am 100% fine with the hijab. I have muslim friends who are totally dedicated to their faith (can get quite scary at times) yet they don't find the need to wear either the hijab or the veil they say "As long as you are pure of heart you don't need to prove anything to anyone".

Did you know that the recent bombings in Bombay (mumbai), India was done by people/men dressed in the veil?

There are some well known people in the area, prostitutes by night - veil wearers during the day...not to do with religion just to hide their identity? How do I know this? I'm asian, word/gossip travels very fast haha.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against Islam, with the people I work with, the days I work I also keep fast (keep a rosa) along side the owners/workers (who are muslim) in respect, it just annoys me the way some people go about promoting their faith.