NEurope
scubahood

Should the veil be banned?

People should wear what they want.

If banks etc dont like it they can sort it out. In the end if muslims prefer to wear it, they will move there business elsewhere.

I dont understand the need for cameras and security everywhere too. It never help get my two stolen bicycle back or apprehend the people who beat me up for no reason.

That's because they were covered up by hoodies, bike helmets and/or veils :heh:

This secuirty risk thing, yeah its possible. But its also possible that when you carry a back-pack there is a bomb in there.

I wish people would stop saying things like that. -_-

People are almost never going to blow themselves up with a bomb compared to robbing somewhere while covering your face.

Here are my thoughts on the matter.

It should be banned in certain places.

For example in shopping centres where i live you are not allowed to wear a hat, have a hood up or wear a balaclava whilst walking around for the simple reason of safety and security of staff. If somone is naughty they can clearly be seen on CCTV to be identified.

So i believe the veil should also be banned in such places for the exact same reason. You dont know you is under that thing and as its not part of the religion to have to wear it then it shouldnt be a problem removing it when needed.

It should be banned in various places such as Airports, public buildings and as i said shopping centres and shops and maybe even at train and tube stations so at least the CCTV can capture peoples faces as again you never know who is under those things. There was that guy who had been on the run for weeks and was getting away with it by wearing the full dress up. So yeah it should be banned in places just like Hoodies, balaclava, Bike helmets, hats etc are.

As for the English teacher, What a joke. Lets say for example there was a non wearing veil English teacher and she got complaints from the children and parents saying they are not learning from her/him... the School would sack her/him for being a bad teacher.

This teacher who insists on wearing the veil in classes had complaints that the children are not learning from her... so why cant the school sack her on those grounds. Makes perfect sense to me...Children not learning, complaints about teacher = bad teacher = sack.

If she loved her job she would simple remove her veil during lessons to save her career as a teacher. I've been told wearing the veil is choice rather than a mandatory part of the religion so why be so stubborn about this situation? The school have also stated that when she came for the interview she didnt wear the veil but they allowed her to wear it around the school but asked her not to during lessons. I don't see the problem with that really and i can't see why she has.

I wish people would stop saying things like that. -_-

People are almost never going to blow themselves up with a bomb compared to robbing somewhere while covering your face.

My point was that many things can be interpreted as a potential safety risk, however, they rarely are. The liklihood is that terrorists will not wear such clothing as it draws attention to yourself - which is why the London bombers wore western clothing. Just as muggers dont put on their balaclava until a moments before commiting their crime. My point is that people who wear veils for long periods are almost never going to be comitting crimes as the veil draws too much attention.

I've made a personal decision that if a veiled women comes to my till at work I will not serve them . Expect to see where I work in the papers lol

Yes. Remember people, we live in Great Britain, not Iraq. They should be banned, they look intimidating and horrible.

"an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, penetrates us, and binds the galaxy together."

Yeah, well logical.

No energy field binds the galaxy...

... everyone knows its duct tape

Of course it is. Gravity does that :heh: And plus, it's more belivable than God or something like that.

gravity doesn't bind the galaxy together?

how do you explain planents moving around other planets

They're not in their own country now. In coming to our country people should be made to adhere to our rules, right? We'd be made to follow theirs. I'd probably be apprehended if I went into a bank looking like a ninja and it does kind of present a security risk when random ninjas want to blow us the fuck up. Then again, I'm biased against anyone who could want to kill me. Just a habit I have.

To be honest I don't really have an opinion, it's just one of those things. If they cry it can simply be stated that they brought it on themselves and if they persist in whining... Sweet Chin Music all 'round.

They're not in their own country now. In coming to our country people should be made to adhere to our rules, right? We'd be made to follow theirs. I'd probably be apprehended if I went into a bank looking like a ninja and it does kind of present a security risk when random ninjas want to blow us the fuck up. Then again, I'm biased against anyone who could want to kill me. Just a habit I have.

To be honest I don't really have an opinion, it's just one of those things. If they cry it can simply be stated that they brought it on themselves and if they persist in whining... Sweet Chin Music all 'round.

Except it isnt actually against the law, so its not part of our 'rules'. There's no harm in diversity in society as long as it doesnt lead too much segregation (which it has in Britain). It's better to have a diverse society than stamp out differences.

As for the intimidating looks, i can understand where it comes from, but so what. Extreme goth style scares me a bit and rokhead's style is intimidating, but its no reason to villify anyone. For all this talk you rarely ever hear of crimes being commited by someone wearing a veil.

Im pretty sure the Census Office (and rightly so) discounted the Jedi-thing for what it was - a waste of taxpayers time and money.

Why should they discount it? Who says that it's ok to accept christianity, islam, sikh etc. as a religion but not jedi? We are supposed to respect other peoples beliefs but (if what you said is true) then the government aren't respecting everyones. That's hypocritical.

"an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, penetrates us, and binds the galaxy together."

Yeah, well logical.

Makes quite a lot of sense to me actually.

Except it isnt actually against the law, so its not part of our 'rules'. There's no harm in diversity in society as long as it doesnt lead too much segregation (which it has in Britain). It's better to have a diverse society than stamp out differences.

Maybe not in the street but in places mentioned before like banks, shopping centres etc. where helmets, balaclavas etc. are banned then it is the rules that the face should not be covered and they should not be bent just because of a religion.

Erm....No...How was it?? :wtf: Unless of course you're talking about the Census Offices stupid Qs to be a waste of taxpayers money in the 1st place???

The whole Jedi thing happened in an 'everyday' census form thing, that asks lots of Qs for statistics.

Jedi is the 4th largest religion in England & Wales :heh:

"there is no such concept [as official religion] in the United Kingdom"

Well, a Census does provide some vaulable information and statistics about the country that need to be gathered. And an everyday census - they exist...?

Why should they discount it? Who says that it's ok to accept christianity, islam, sikh etc. as a religion but not jedi? We are supposed to respect other peoples beliefs but (if what you said is true) then the government aren't respecting everyones. That's hypocritical.

Because Jedi'ism was invented my a money grabbing prick 30 odd years ago?

Put Jedi as your religion on a job/UCAS form, let's see how far that'll get you in life.

a money grabbing prick 30 odd years ago?

That's George L you're talking about!

As for the intimidating looks, i can understand where it comes from, but so what. Extreme goth style scares me a bit and rokhead's style is intimidating, but its no reason to villify anyone. For all this talk you rarely ever hear of crimes being commited by someone wearing a veil.

But at least you can identify goths and rokhed if they do any wrong doing. People in veils you cannot...

The police: what did she/he look like?

Person: ermmm i dunno they had brown eyes..but the rest of their body and face was covered in this black dress thing

The police: ok we'll be on the lookout for somone wearing a black dress thing with brown eyes.

:wtf:

I just think in public buildings, banks, shops etc they veil should be removed.

Platty's spot on. When I was beaten and robbed by a Muslim woman I couldn't give a profile.

But at least you can identify goths and rokhed if they do any wrong doing. People in veils you cannot...

The police: what did she/he look like?

Person: ermmm i dunno they had brown eyes..but the rest of their body and face was covered in this black dress thing

The police: ok we'll be on the lookout for somone wearing a black dress thing with brown eyes.

:wtf:

I just think in public buildings, banks, shops etc they veil should be removed.

How many persons do you see wearing a veil? Probably less than goths (or chavs).

How many persons do you see wearing a veil? Probably less than goths (or chavs).

Living in the south east of London i see quite a few actually.

I just believe that as people are MADE to take off hats, hoodies, bike helmets etc when entering shops etc then why not have the same rule for the veil.

It's less intimidating and much safer for staff and the general public in the rare event of an incident to have a persons face on full view so people can be identified easier either on CCTV or by a public witness.

I understand the reasoning behind having them banned in security areas, but the problem would be that Muslims will just stop going to that place, instead of agreeing to remove their veil. If they wear it all day but can't when they want to go into a shop, they're just going to avoid that shop. So I think they'll feel as though Muslims are not welcome in that area, rather than the veil being banned there.

However if it were to be on a larger scale (complete ban) they wouldn't be able to go anywhere without breaking the law, therefore may be more likely to change.

I'm not saying that's what I think should happen, it's just how I think it would be.

I understand the reasoning behind having them banned in security areas, but the problem would be that Muslims will just stop going to that place, instead of agreeing to remove their veil. If they wear it all day but can't when they want to go into a shop, they're just going to avoid that shop. So I think they'll feel as though Muslims are not welcome in that area, rather than the veil being banned there.

However if it were to be on a larger scale (complete ban) they wouldn't be able to go anywhere without breaking the law, therefore may be more likely to change.

I'm not saying that's what I think should happen, it's just how I think it would be.

IF it were a complete ban, expect lots of terrorist attacks

I was just thinking (maybe its already been said) but if they were to ban muslim clothing, shouldn't they also be banning Christian (and other religions) clothing also (you know, so everything is equal), like a Nuns habbit, or a Priests color?

IF it were a complete ban, expect lots of terrorist attacks

Well as I said, I don't think there should be a complete ban, I just don't think a partial ban would work either.

I was just thinking (maybe its already been said) but if they were to ban muslim clothing, shouldn't they also be banning Christian (and other religions) clothing also (you know, so everything is equal), like a Nuns habbit, or a Priests color?

They do not cover their faces

go to the west end road in newcastle you see about 3 for evey uncovered person around that area. And that leads to segregation on their part enforcing extremism

go to the west end road in newcastle you see about 3 for evey uncovered person around that area. And that leads to segregation on their part enforcing extremism

I'll be right there.

When people go to muslem countries they are tols to wear certain things. a friend was on holiday and she fell and needed to go to hospital but when she got there she was told they would not treat her till she wore longer trousers. she was wearing shorts.

so they must obide by our way of living no other country in the world would stand for this crap.

fit in or fuck off. simple.

When people go to muslem countries they are tols to wear certain things. a friend was on holiday and she fell and needed to go to hospital but when she got there she was told they would not treat her till she wore longer trousers. she was wearing shorts.

so they must obide by our way of living no other country in the world would stand for this crap.

fit in or fuck off. simple.

So true like we are the dogs of the world, when we had an empire no way but as soon as america said we should give up the empire, they start to try and create their own.

Fucking religion what have you ever done for us, create death, war, slavery,...

mind you with out cartoons religion would be all weird